PDA

View Full Version : Fairly deep stack $2-4, flopped nut str8 OOP, board pairs on turn

98romaine
10-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Party full $2-4
Read on villain is aggressive but seems to know what he is doing. Button raise is somewhat standard for him after limpers. Relevant stacks:
Hero: $800
Villain: $660

Party Poker converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.
1 limper, Hero limps from MP, CO limps, Button raises to $15
EP calls, hero calls, CO folds.
Pot=$55

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
EP checks, hero checks, Buttons bets $ 35, EP folds, Hero calls.
pot=$125

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero checks, Villain bets $70

Pretty sure AA,KK, AK, not in his hand range b/c of preflop would have been more. QQ/KQ/JJ/1010/99/j10 are possibilities.

Thoughts on leading the turn? Check/call or C/R turn? why?

River is what based on above?

Thanks.

yvesaint
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
man his pre-flop raise is really weak

also, bet the flop, never 'slowplay' flopped broadway straights

VarlosZ
10-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Why didn't you check-raise the flop? With that board, you're not going to get significant action on later streets from a hand that won't put lots of money in on the flop. Raise and hope he has AK/AQ or a set, since that's the only way you're getting paid regardless.

As played, I'd vomit all over my keyboard on the turn. Probably check/call the turn, but that leaves his hand so ill-defined that you may have to make a heroic call on the river. So, probably check/call, then a smallish blocking bet (~$120-$150) on the river.

98romaine
10-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Yves,

why not slow play the nuts vs an aggressive oppoenent? Granted the card that fell on the turn froze me up but a non-broadway card on the turn I can c/r big as I'm pretty sure he is betting the turn on a low card as well.

Ghazban
10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Think about how many cards will either kill your hand or kill your action on the turn-- 3 aces, 3 kings, 3 queens, 3 jacks, 3 tens means about a quarter of the time, you're going to have a hard time getting money in good. On a broadway board, a preflop raiser will almost always have something to give you action with anyway so there's no reason to wait.

Slowplaying relies on your opponent being able to catch a card that will help him but still have him second best; on a board like this, there is next to nothing that will accomplish this (a 9 if he has 99 is about the only thing I can think of).