PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever held an intervention?

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 08:11 AM
We get in the car last night to go to dinner, and the radio comes on whatever station the wife's been listening to. I didn't really pay much attention until the words "Ashlee Simpson" jump out at me and I think to myself "What the [censored] is she listening to?" Then Ashlee Simpson comes on and she starts kind of humming along. I just stared at her. She then confessed she's been listening to the local pop stations for awhile now. Where the hell did this person come from?

When I met my wife she was on a first name basis with probably a couple dozen well-known rock/blues musicians. I'm talking people like Jimmy Vaughan, Charlie Sexton, Doyle Bramhall, David Grissom, Bill Carter, all of Stevie Ray's old Double Trouble band, Gibby Haynes and others. She dragged me out to light a candle at Stevie's statue on his birthday. She had a completely different face she made when listening to a good guitar solo versus a good drum solo. Now she's listening to Ashlee Simpson???

I considering some kind of intervention. How would I do this? Any other ideas?

steelcmg
10-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Just smack some dam sense into her.

BoogerFace
10-06-2005, 09:13 AM
IMO, interventions are a bad idea.

Escape
10-06-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just smack some dam sense into her.

[/ QUOTE ]

My toughts exactly.

She could be cheating on you as well...

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She could be cheating on you as well...

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh. You somehow went from pop music to throwing this in there. Nice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Hell, this is easy.

She is mother to a three year old kid.

Brain rot. Comes with the territory. Intervention will not help. The carefree lass you married is gone.

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, this is easy.

Brain rot. Comes with the territory. Intervention will not help. The carefree lass you married is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm just stuck with a pop-listening retard? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

There has to be some kind of medical treatment?

10-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Just wait till' she wants to drag you to a Celine Dion or Michael Bolton concert.

diebitter
10-06-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, this is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, stop complaining - at least she goes to bed at 9, and leaves you in peace.

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, this is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel any better, you make her want to La La.

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If it makes you feel any better, you make her want to La La.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not at all funny. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, stop complaining - at least she goes to bed at 9, and leaves you in peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the amount of time you spend here, yours seems to pretty much leave you alone too.

diebitter
10-06-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the amount of time you spend here, yours seems to pretty much leave you alone too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imported_The Vibesman
10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Have you thought about aversion therapy? A small electro-shock whenever she listens to a pop song instead of something with heart?

You could tie her up and play different kinds of music, and for the pop songs, you shock her, but for the good stuff, stimulate her sexually. This will reinforce the notion that pop=bad, music that rocks=good. Besides, it's a fun way to spend the day, and it can have great repercussions on you sex life.

One thing is sure, you can't stand idly by and let these dirtbag corporate scum to do this to your wife. Her soul - may I say her entire BEING - hangs in the balance.

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at work /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, but you'll be back on here tonight your time. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DavidC
10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Rather than an intervention, why not just go to the cottage for a weekend and listen to some good music by the fire?

diebitter
10-06-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right now, but you'll be back on here tonight your time. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, it's a date /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daveymck
10-06-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been spying on my house. I am only home 4 days a fortnight and at times she still goes to bed at that time. She always wants me to go with her too (knowing I am getting back up) and the dilema is always how long to wait before getting the hell out of there.

Shajen
10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Jake, the answer is for you to man up and take over the radio controls.

I recommend

http://www.kipwinger.com/c_winger_3x3.jpg

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really the issue. She'll still listen to that crap when I'm not in the car. I don't know if I can live with a retard. Also, she might dangerous around the children. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

steelcmg
10-06-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really the issue. She'll still listen to that crap when I'm not in the car. I don't know if I can live with a retard. Also, she might dangerous around the children. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So are u saying u would divorce her over this?

mslif
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I can live with a retard. Also, she might dangerous around the children. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

tsk tsk tsk... Not nice Jake. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I can live with a retard. Also, she might dangerous around the children. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go with the message inside the quotes again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is the music of the devil. It can't be good for the kids.

mslif
10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Calling your wife is retard is worse

steelcmg
10-06-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go with the message inside the quotes again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is the music of the devil. It can't be good for the kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get them kids listing to some slayer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you describe someone that listens to Ashlee Simpson?

mslif
10-06-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless, confused maybe

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless, confused maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

daveymck
10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
This is my worry my daughter has grown up liking my music the best, Chop Suey by System of a Down was her first favourite song, when I am home I have the metal channels and she comes in dances etc. BUt I am away a lot and my partner has crap taste in music and somtimes my daughter is singing these crappy pop songs and watching mtv hits undoing all my good work.

Shajen
10-06-2005, 11:05 AM
the only option you have I think is to confront her about this. After you have confronted her, you should then listen to something she hates.

Why?

So you can say I know you hate this, and how irritated it makes you when I listen to it. I get the same way when you listen to bubble gum pop.

I apologize for giving actual advice in this thread.

asofel
10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
get her drunk then put on some cold shot...little wing....and pride and joy....remind her of the older days when she was that cute carefree lass......then get drunk as well and call her...