PDA

View Full Version : Party vs Percific

sunek
10-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Hi

I like to play SnGs and I have played at a lot of different sites. I have two favourite sites; Party and Pacific . They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am currently trying to increase my winnings by finding the worst players – but where do I find them in your opinion?

What site do you prefer to play at if you play 5 or 10 $ SnGs?

I have listed some pros and cons of Party and Pacific; do you have anything to apply to the list?

Party:
Pros:
Nice Software
Many weak players
Cons:
20% rake on their 5 $ tournaments.
10 hands pr. Level.

Pacific:
Pros:
Many weak players
15 hands pr. Level – gives a tight aggressive player more time to catch good hands.
10% rake on 5$ tournaments.
Cons:
Software is very bad.

Regards

sunek

lorinda
10-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Party: Can play up to four games at a time
Pacific: Can play one game at a time.

Lori

10-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Hey

I used to play on Pacific only, but I have switched to pp. You can make a higher hourly rate on Party because of the xx-tabling. I wouldnt play the 5s on party due to the 20% rake.
The main reason I still play pacifics 33s is, that it helps my postflop play, which is like non-existing on party.

To sum up: If you wanna grind xx tables 24/7 party is the place to be, if you want to make smart moves and play more postflop with a bigger stack, Pacific gets my vote.

mjm
10-06-2005, 06:38 AM
Pacific Pro's - You can enter a $750 SNG fall asleep before it begins, wake up in the morning and realise you have thrown away $750, email support complain about the software and get a refund /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Con's - You cannot multi-table.

Party Con's - It's push or fold poker.

Cactus Jack
10-06-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey

I used to play on Pacific only, but I have switched to pp. You can make a higher hourly rate on Party because of the xx-tabling. I wouldnt play the 5s on party due to the 20% rake.
The main reason I still play pacifics 33s is, that it helps my postflop play, which is like non-existing on party.

To sum up: If you wanna grind xx tables 24/7 party is the place to be, if you want to make smart moves and play more postflop with a bigger stack, Pacific gets my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to play more post-flop and improve your game, go to Pokerstars. If you win, you'll know you're a good player because the competition is better. But then, I'm not sure what you're asking.

CJ