PDA

View Full Version : for the fans of all things zombie related (Dawn of the Dead, etc)

whiskeytown
10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
I think Wacki is in this group...

found this cool game - - http://www.addictinggames.com/zombie4.html

basically, you're hunting zombies before they take over the whole city -

sorta fun, really...

RB

diebitter
10-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Did 'Shaun of the Dead' make it to theatres in the US?

whiskeytown
10-06-2005, 05:16 AM
yes, but mostly in independant theaters - it was almost available on DVD in the UK before we ever saw it.

The DVD is out here now - if you're a fan, you know of it.

RB

stigmata
10-06-2005, 05:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame, the new film with Nick Frost looks kinda average.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434124/

....i just want a spaced series 3 though
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

astroglide
10-06-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, but mostly in independant theaters - it was almost available on DVD in the UK before we ever saw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMC was the 2nd largest movie chain in the usa at the time the movie was released, and they were showing it in all of their theaters. they're the biggest movie chain now.

TheCroShow
10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it did, got off to a great start then it got all serious for a minute and it sucked.

DasLeben
10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it did, got off to a great start then it got all serious for a minute and it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun of the Dead is awesome. Don't be a hater.

Brainwalter
10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? It's great.

TheCroShow
10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
i'm not hating, i enjoyed the movie for the most part. thought it become junk once they tried to escape from the bar or w/e, got slow and boring.

Los Feliz Slim
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just finished watching it, again, on HBO. I loved this movie.

But, I thought 28 Days Later bit nut-sack.

astroglide
10-06-2005, 02:48 PM
28 days later and shaun of the dead are both great zombie movies, and i think both of them got worse in their second halves. 28 days with the military/rape sub-plot where i'd rather just see them zombie-ducking/fighting in mixed environments and throw some relationship development in there for fun (e.g. still lose the dad, take the kid, hook up that sort of thing). shaun of the dead lost it at the bar.

TheCroShow
10-06-2005, 03:51 PM
i think i'm the only person on the planet that enjoyed 28 days later from start to finish. it did slow down with the army guys and stuff, but i liked it.

dawn of the dead remake was fun, i still watch that from time to time.

Blarg
10-06-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun of the Dead is awesome. Don't be a hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was disappointed, and I liked it. Which goes at least a little for nearly all horror movies really, even horror comedies, for me anyway. They're hard to pull off. Both of them have to sustain a very ephemeral mood, without getting bogged down in their own schtick, for an hour and a half, and that's a very tall order. But doing it well for even a little while makes for so much fun that it's hard not to let even pretty crappy movies get on your good side.

Blarg
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought the Dawn of the Dead remake was very fun. I've watched it several times.

wacki
10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Wacki is in this group...

found this cool game - - http://www.addictinggames.com/zombie4.html

basically, you're hunting zombies before they take over the whole city -

sorta fun, really...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get past the quadrangles. I mean I could, but I'd have to kill everyone. :-(

whiskeytown
10-07-2005, 03:24 AM
this is an acceptable solution - lower score, but if you must, kill everyone.

Or seal part off - that's what I do - I've also found it's easier to get zombies by rushing really close and letting them chase you - keeps them away from the civies.

RB

sexdrugsmoney
10-07-2005, 03:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

But, I thought 28 Days Later bit nut-sack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wot?

28 Days Later kicked ass.

Although the 'infected' weren't zombies, I loved the fact that the survivors couldn't pull off goofy 'play with the zombies' games, these infected chase you fast and unlike zombies where you have to recieve a bite, just a drop of blood will turn you.

I loved 28 Days Later, brilliant film IMHO, but what can you expect from Danny Boyle? (Trainspotting = brilliant)

I look forward to 28 Weeks Later even though I suspect its going to suck bigtime. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ringo_Mojo
10-07-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

....i just want a spaced series 3 though
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.
Although I would just be happy if seasons 1 and 2 would be released on DVD here in the US.

rusellmj
10-07-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wot?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was great til they reached the military compound. Then it kind of spun it's wheels. They could've done more with the core premise I think.

I loved the cinematography.

sexdrugsmoney
10-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Wot?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was great til they reached the military compound. Then it kind of spun it's wheels. They could've done more with the core premise I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

What specifically didn't you like about the last third of the film?

Cheers,
SDM

Blarg
10-07-2005, 04:47 AM
28 Weeks Later? What's that about?

diebitter
10-07-2005, 04:55 AM
I heard about a guy that liked '28 days later', and his girlfriend went and bought him what she thought was the prequel '28 days'.

The worst zombie prequel ever.

sexdrugsmoney
10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
28 Weeks Later? What's that about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's either going to be about the colonization of the UK by Americans who waited to make sure all the infected starved to death (or did they?) and/or it could be about the infection spreading beyond the UK.