PDA

View Full Version : the new buckethead

Jeebus
10-06-2005, 04:39 AM
The new buckethead, featuring a bunch of guest vocalists is out at this place (http://www.myspace.com/bucketheadnfriends). I am not sure how I feel about it, but it seems intersting. I'll buy the album though.

p.s. Alexander the movie sucks

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 05:04 AM
I used to live in Atlanta. Thought you said "The new Buckhead".

daveymck
10-06-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to live in Atlanta. Thought you said "The new Buckhead".

[/ QUOTE ]
Edited after clicking on the link

asofel
10-06-2005, 10:50 AM
nice. as usual, yeah, not sure how i feel about it as well.
do you own electric tears and population override?

steelcmg
10-06-2005, 10:53 AM
I like this. Ill have to see bucket again on oct 25.

rusellmj
10-06-2005, 11:00 AM
He's been doing the buckethead thing for quite awhile now. Wonder why he just doesn't get rid of the get up? I mean, the guy is scarey talented but it's not like he's uber famous or anything where he can't walk down the street. Kinda cool he's got some other people to contribute rather than just being an instrumental CD.

asofel
10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's been doing the buckethead thing for quite awhile now. Wonder why he just doesn't get rid of the get up? I mean, the guy is scarey talented but it's not like he's uber famous or anything where he can't walk down the street. Kinda cool he's got some other people to contribute rather than just being an instrumental CD.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i mean its not like the gimmick sells records. I sometimes wonder if he really is a lil messed up in the head....

seeing him live at bonnaroo was easily one of the most amazing guitar performances i've ever seen.

Jeebus
10-06-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't have pop. override but my roommates do. I much prefer Colma or CooCoo Clocks from hell (on right now) or Island of Lost Minds or Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains when I feel like listening to him.
I'll be seeing him Nov. 3

astroglide
10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
how do people actually get introduced to this guy's music?

i've seen passing references to him in whatever before, i think it was something to do with axl rose doing something with him for 'the new guns n roses'. but where do people actually get exposure to his music? not radio, not mtv. word of mouth, but from who? are his fans like dream theater fans or something?