PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain SNG PT to me

Landon_McFly
10-06-2005, 04:13 AM
I downloaded the trial version of SNG PT, and I understand what it does, but am I supposed to use it while I play? I usually play 3-4 tables of the 6's at a time, and I would really like to know how I'm supposed to enter all that info in (such as chip stacks) and play 2 or 3 other tables at once.

What if I'm in 2 hands at the same time?

Someone please help me out here before I invest in this.

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Did you even read Eastbay's shizzy on the site? He clearly states that it's not for use *while playing*.

That would be against the T&Cs of like every online poker site anyway.

You use it to review your hand histories and get better.

Yugoslav

DMACM
10-06-2005, 04:27 AM
One nice thing about it is that you can open up past tournament summaries and see how you might have wanted to do things differently.

Landon_McFly
10-06-2005, 04:58 AM
So is it really that essential?

For instance... I truly feel that Poker Tracker is ESSENTIAL if you are serious about playing ring games. (Even SNG's for that matter)

Does this do for SNG's what Poker Tracker does for ring games?

caretaker1
10-06-2005, 05:02 AM
It does something totally different. I love Pokertracker, but if I could only choose one for SNG's, I'd take SNGPT. If you use and learn from it, you'll become a strong late game player, which is probably the most important are which will boost your ROI.

$.02

Landon_McFly
10-06-2005, 05:44 AM
How are you supposed to use it though?

Should I treat it like homework and just go over tough hands with it, to learn what I did wrong in previous games?

I understand what it's capable of, but I'm a little confused on how most people utilize it. Can someone who avidly uses it enlighten me on what a session of using SNG PT is like?

The Yugoslavian
10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I already told you.

YOU USE IT TO STUDY YOUR PLAY SO THAT YOU MAY IMPROVE.

Now for almost all good players on this forum, it is a helpful tool. However, it certainly isn't necessary to become a good player. Neither is poker tracker for that matter, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

In STT play a large number of hands is governed by the payout structure which bends the math involved in pots (chip EV is no longer king as it is in cash games). There are also a very large number of hands (especially at Party) that involve purely preflop decisions. These factors lend themselves to a mathematical approach and SNA helps one study the patterns and trends of different game time situations.

Yugoslav

Nicholasp27
10-06-2005, 02:23 PM
each evening, open every hh you played that day in sngpt and click on the hands where they are not red and you had 10bbs or less...change opp calling range to 'maniac' and then view the results...see where it surprises u that it's +ev to push that 27o...u start to build instinct and models of when you should be pushing and when you should be folding once u have <10bbs

downtown
10-06-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
each evening, open every hh you played that day in sngpt and click on the hands where they are not red and you had 10bbs or less...change opp calling range to 'maniac' and then view the results...see where it surprises u that it's +ev to push that 27o...u start to build instinct and models of when you should be pushing and when you should be folding once u have <10bbs

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read nothing else on this board, read this. It's worth real $$$.

10-06-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For instance... I truly feel that Poker Tracker is ESSENTIAL if you are serious about playing ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I played ring games 50% of the time and SNGs 50% of the time, but for some reason could only choose to have only one of Poker Tracker or SNGPT, I would choose SNGPT without blinking.

chekraze
10-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks.......and the link or website for this software?

downtown
10-06-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.......and the link or website for this software?

[/ QUOTE ]

Link is in the FAQ for this forum, I think.