PDA

View Full Version : The game "mafia"

daryljobe777
10-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Has anyone ever played this game at a party or other function? Rules can be found here.

http://www.bluepineapple.com/partygames/index.php?page=mafia

At my Student Senate dinner as part of the team building function, and we played it twice, with the "mafia" winning both (what that says about our Senate, I don't know, but I digress.)

Anyway, what are the best strategies for winning this game and getting others to believe you? What about for determining who's lying? Should Mike Caro author a book about it?

runner4life7
10-06-2005, 04:00 AM
I have played this is own hardcore. No one trusted me because they knew i played poker but just dont change how you act if you are mafia or not. Some people get really nervous and its obvious when they are.

When you are mafia, dont be very quick to kill people. Be willling to hear people out, but dont stay too quiet as people grow suspicious. After you do well as mafia and win/get caught, some people will kill you early just cause they dont like you, thats when you know you are good.

10-06-2005, 04:02 AM
This is pretty much the best ever drunk camping game u could come up with....Lets see good strategies...you just have to figure out everyone's tells for lying..like my sister never moves her mouth when she lies..you catch on if u play with the same ppl often.

10-06-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After you do well as mafia and win/get caught, some people will kill you early just cause they dont like you, thats when you know you are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya thats true me or my buddy Rich always were out first round because people couldnt ever tell if we were lying.

runner4life7
10-06-2005, 04:13 AM
whats most frustrating is when you know who it is and its so obvious and no one will listen to you and then they kill you.

youtalkfunny
10-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Never heard of this game, sounds fun, how do you play?

cdxx
10-06-2005, 10:25 AM
awesome awesome game.

wasted many nights on it with friends in college. we'd have huge crowds of people playing 15-20, which is the max before it becomes chaos.

shant
10-06-2005, 01:02 PM
My friend has recently been telling me a lot about this game and how fun it is. Sounds interesting.

jdl22
10-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I think the best is to be a lag. Be really obnoxious every single time accusing people. When you're not the mafia they'll often give something away when you push and when you are the mafia it's pretty easy to fake what you're doing. You basically get to run the citizen part everytime if you play this way so you can shift it so they can't pin you down if you do it right.

Bulldog
10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Awesome group game. One of the HS girls' bball teams I coached used to play it all the time on our bus rides, at camp, etc.

mmmmmbrother
10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
the best is when they figure out one of the mafia and then the other mafia and them agree to kill him and then they are liek WHAT THE [censored] WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

10-06-2005, 09:09 PM
King- cop (can't lie)
Aces- Mafia
Jack- Medic
Everything else- townspeople
Play goes...hand everyone a card and have them figure out what they are. Next have everyone go to "sleep" putting their heads down so they cant see banging on table or what not so they cant tell who is who.
Have to pick out a narrator who knows everything but cant help at all and he tells everyone to "sleep".
says mafia wake up who do u want to kill... the mafia (trying to be sneaky look up to find the other mafia member and pick someone to kill then putting heads back down.
Cop wake up who do u think it is. Guesses and narrator tells him yes or no..go to sleep.
medic who do u want to save...picks someone to save(can be urself) an goes back to sleep..
Everyone wake up...narrator tells story of who dies or who got saved (no talking until story is told)...and then question asking begins with only the cop not lying...(anyone can claim to be the cop but the cop cant say he isnt) then everyone decides who they think it is and votes on person to be killed.
This continues until the mafia are caught or the mafia has same number of members as the townspeople(narrator knows).