PDA

View Full Version : Too Late With Adam Corolla

Iplayboard
10-06-2005, 03:19 AM
His show doesn't strike me as very funny. There are so many akward jokes and moments. I've watched the show a few times and haven't laughed much. There are some times when I genuinely feel sorry for Adam because I think he is embarassing himself on the show. What do you guys think?

New001
10-06-2005, 03:20 AM
It has its moments, but they're few and far between. He's still brilliant on the radio though.

daryn
10-06-2005, 03:21 AM
sometimes i think that the audience has no microphone or something. either that or nobody's laughing.. but sometimes i can hear very faint audience laughter.

New001
10-06-2005, 03:22 AM
I think they took the audience out at some point.

daryn
10-06-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they took the audience out at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

it just seems like every joke is a bomb when you can't hear any laughter. even if the joke is funny.. somehow you need to hear other people laughing for it to be truly funny.. somehow

send_the_msg
10-06-2005, 03:23 AM
that show is awful. he needs another person to host it with him.

siccjay
10-06-2005, 03:24 AM
He's hilarious but the show sucks. Bring back Loveline (to TV)

10-06-2005, 03:24 AM
He's very bad with scripted TV stuff. Listen to the Loveline radio show, you'll see that he's a very talented comedian.

daryn
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bring back Loveline (to TV)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes!

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

sometimes i think that the audience has no microphone or something. either that or nobody's laughing.. but sometimes i can hear very faint audience laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my exact thought the first time I watched the show. I just kinda figured that it's Comedy Central, wouldn't they have a couple of laugh tracks lying around?

Adam Carolla
10-06-2005, 03:29 AM
I can live with it if you don't like my show.

But it's not cool if you're one of those pussies who stops at the red left turn arrows when there's no traffic! COME ON PEOPLE SHAKE YOUR ASSES I GOTTA GET TO WORK

wall_st
10-06-2005, 04:25 AM
Im a big loveline fan, but this show truly blows. That said I found that new show of his on TLC to be pretty entertaining, I believe it is called the adam carolla project where they are remaking his old home and trying to sell it for 1 million.

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 04:50 AM
You know what OOT needs? More gimmick accounts.

jba
10-06-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that show is awful. he needs another person to host it with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly it. When he is forced to speak, he isn't funny. When someone else is talking and he is constantly breaking in with "you see, it's sort of like boning your best friend's mom..." he is hilarious.

I have to say though those long awkward silences are hilarious in their own way. the show sucks though.

Peter666
10-06-2005, 12:19 PM
The first six months Jimmy Kimmel was hosting his late night show, the same thing happened. He made some really funny jokes that the audience didn't seem to get. I came to the conclusion that he had the dumbest studio audience on television. A year later they seemed to fix things up, maybe adding an applause sign or something. Maybe it is the same with Corolla.

XxGodJrxX
10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I do not know why they killed the loud applause after the second week or so, but it seems that things are just not as funny when you are laughing by yourself. Most of the show seems to be made up on the spot, which makes for weak jokes. The various skits that he has every once in a while, like the 1780's guy, are funny.

27offsuit
10-06-2005, 12:50 PM
He can't carry a show.

Someone once said he looks like Pete Sampras with Down Syndrone.

I found that highly amusing.....