PDA

View Full Version : Turned nut flush, how do I maximize?

Pog0
10-06-2005, 02:56 AM
poker network 2/4 10 handed

Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PRE-FLOP
UTG calls, (3 folds), MP2 calls, (4 folds), Hero checks.

FLOP (3 players): Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif,5/images/graemlins/heart.gif,T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 SB)
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP2 raises, Hero calls, UTG calls.

TURN (3 players) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4.5 BB)
Hero...

What's the most profitable line here typically?

Donk? C/R? C/C and donk river? C/C and C/R river if non-heart, donk if heart?

I intentionally didn't provide any reads here, if PT stats would vary your decision, what stats on which player would make you change from what to what?
Eg. I'd be more inclined to donk if the Flop raiser had an AF under 1.

TheHammer24
10-06-2005, 03:22 AM
c/r

Pog0
10-06-2005, 03:25 AM
small pot, few players, I see the merit there.

If it were 6 way, argument for donking as to not face the field with 2 cold could be made, but then again I'd have 3-bet the flop, right?

shant
10-06-2005, 03:27 AM
I'd bet again. Hopefully you get the guy in the middle to stick around. Even better if the flop raiser likes his hand enough to raise again.

10-06-2005, 03:40 AM
I bet it for the following reasons:

1) a CR will often only win two bets from Mp on the turn, instead of one bet from each,in which case you are not making more money on the turn, but potentially less on the river.

2) I think a CR will generally be seen as a sign of more strenght than a bet, and this makes it more likely they will be sure you have a flush when checkraising. I think a bet will more often leave them doubting whether you are betting the ace, a flush or bluffing a scarecard.
3) If you bet and MP2 raises, you might trap UTG for two bets.
4) If they are scared of the flush and fold to a bet, you are probably only missing out on a single bet from mp2 anyway.

I might however checkraise if UTG is a huge calling station, likely to call two bets cold.

Pog0
10-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I'm really not convinced whether c/r or donking is the best line here. Maybe it's close enough to be insignificant.

Pog0
10-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Good reasoning, Yentz. Thank you for your reply.

JacksonTens
10-06-2005, 04:07 AM
3-bet the flop, then bet out on the turn.

The way you played it i bet out on the turn.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif