PDA

View Full Version : party rakeback vs betonbet rakeback

Adam22
10-06-2005, 02:29 AM
i play on both sites and i'm curious if i generate more rake regarding rakeback on party tahn on the pokerroom network. that's just the way it seems to me i haven't put the figures together but if that's a well known fact i was just curious. thanks.

AAAA
10-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Do you want the long answer or the short answer? The short answer is, if you are smart enough to ask this question, it is almost certain that you generate more rake back at Party than at Poker Room.

Solid players do not put as many chips in the pot, except the very large pots where the rake is often maxed out. The Party affiliate distribution gives players a chance to get a share of every pot they are dealt cards, whether or not they put money in the pot. Poker Room method only gives you a share of rake when you put money in the pot.

This is a double whammy when you are getting 72 after 84. At Party, and least you are collecting rake share. At Poker Room, you are just paying blinds and losing chips.

Adam22
10-06-2005, 04:30 AM
aaaaaaaaaah. so on pokerroom you only get credit for when you VPIP or are in a blind. it all comes together.

Piers
10-06-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you want the long answer or the short answer? The short answer is, if you are smart enough to ask this question, it is almost certain that you generate more rake back at Party than at Poker Room

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect it depends at what limit your playing. At 5/10 or lower the Pokerroom.com rake is significantly higher than Party (or any other site). Hence I would expect you to be generating more rakeback at those limits at Pokerroom.com, or at least the calculation is very complicated. At 10.20 or higher this is no longer true.

To rephrase: I assume AAAA is right that you will be generating a higher proportion of the total rake at Party but at 5/10 or lower that is a higher proportion of a lower total value.

AAAA
10-07-2005, 02:25 AM
i saw a rake calculator that distinguished between the different kinds of rake. when i find it again i will post link.

however, i think you will find that poker room only has higher rake back for people on a rush. you have to put a huge amount of chips in the pot to get a large percentage of the rake. Really tight players with bad cards have had as little as 1/3 as much rake back on theoretical/contributed rake versus involved rake/seeing the cards.

Adam22
10-07-2005, 04:17 AM
yeah i could tell i was accumulating a lot more on euro even with a lower percentage. pokerroom, although i like the software more, can suck it.

RollaJ
10-07-2005, 07:13 AM
In this hypothetical scenario anyone know which would be better......
40% at PokerRoom
30% at Party

Piers
10-07-2005, 01:34 PM
I think Party at 2/4 and 3/6, betonbet at 1/2, 5/10 and 10/20. Don't think they other limits in common.

AAAA
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Party unless he is vpip 40% or more