PDA

View Full Version : this is not a bad beat post

davet
10-06-2005, 02:07 AM
I am in the CO with k /images/graemlins/club.gif q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Five players limp to me and I make it fun.

pot is 10 sb

flop:

j /images/graemlins/club.gif t /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

great hand. it is checked to me. i bet and every one calls.

sorry for the lack of caps, the shift key is broken.

7.5 big bets

turn; 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

beautiful i have the made straight with a flush draw. it is checked to the mp3 who bets, i raise, two players cold call to mp1 who calls.

river is /images/graemlins/diamond.gif i don't rember or care about the rank.

but my question is this.....

is it posible to protect my hand at all in this pot, and considering mp1's predilection for going calling station mode only when he has a flush draw, i knew he had the diamonds, is this play actually +EV considering reverse implied odds?

he had nine outs and i layed him ~3.5 to one, but when it's over, it's over, you know.

TheHip41
10-06-2005, 02:10 AM
I'd fold the river if someone bet. Otherwise, I really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

newhizzle
10-06-2005, 02:16 AM
should that be the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn?

most players arent folding a flush draw no matter how many bets you make it, and on the turn you make money off of every bet he pays you, he makes money off of the size of the pot, i think that answers your question

if you payed him off on the river, which i hope you did, he would be getting at least 4.5 to one and calling correctly, but your raise with the nuts is most definately +EV

edit: all my advise is assuming that is the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn, because you had the straight with a flush draw

private joker
10-06-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am in the CO with k /images/graemlins/club.gif q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Five players limp to me and I make it fun.

pot is 10 sb

[/ QUOTE ]

There has to be at least 13.5sb in the pot on the flop.