PDA

View Full Version : Are these FF trades fair?

tech
10-06-2005, 01:06 AM
These two trades were recently made in my fantasy league (this is a 14 team league). Fair or not?

Trade 1:
Carson Palmer
Keenan McCardell

for

Joey Harrington (this guy has Trent Green as his starter)
Terrell Owens

------------------------------------------------

Trade 2:
Michael Vick
Stephen Davis
Deion Branch
Michael Pittman

for

Aaron Brooks
Priest Holmes
Reggie Wayne
Chris Perry

Clarkmeister
10-06-2005, 01:09 AM
They are fine.

tech
10-06-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? I can see the second one, but the first one seems like very very little to get Owens. The reason I ask is that these are being debated in our league right now, and I am curious for unbiased opinions.

brettbrettr
10-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Seems fine. Harrington is basically useless, Palmer is playing like a top 5 qb. Maybe even higer. He'll be in the top 6-7 qbs when things end...

VarlosZ
10-06-2005, 01:48 AM
You think the second one might be ok?

The first one isn't so wierd, though I think it's a bad trade for both teams (depending on Team 1's QB situation). McCardell has good fantasy value, so it seems like it's not enough of an upgrade to give up Palmer (unless he has another very good QB). Team 2, of course, is making a mistake in trading Owens to get a QB who will probably sit about half the time; in a 14 team league, he should be perfectly happy with Green.

Trade 2 is completely crazy. Brooks had an off year last season and was still a better fantasy QB than Vick, and Vick is injury-prone. Unless the league's settings are very unusual, I'd definitely rather have Brooks on my team. So, the trade looks like this:

Vick for Brooks -- slight upgrade for Team 1
Davis for Holmes -- HUGE upgrade for Team 1
Branch for Wayne -- moderate upgrade for Team 1
Pittman for Perry -- about even (as soon as Cadillac is healthy)

What the hell is that about? I would ask for an explanation, and I abhor objecting to trades unless I think there's collusion. In other words, this stinks so bad, it really could be collusion.

tech
10-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You think the second one might be ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's funny. In our league, the second one is definitely bringing more heat than the first one. The only reason I am more OK with the second one is that some people have different opinions of Davis. I think he sucks and will be done in a few weeks, so I hate the trade. But the people that like Davis think it is not so bad.

wonderwes
10-06-2005, 08:06 PM
I think both of those trades are horrid.

Vick is hurt, and banged up, but what he lacks in passing, he makes up in rushing. If your league gives points based on yards total, then Vick is a keeper QB. He only gets 150-200 yds passing, but he gets prob 30-60 yds rushing each game.

T.O. is a great FF player, but he still doesnt always get the ball with all the talent on Philly. Week 3 vs the raiders he had low scoring in my fantasy league.

Carson Palmer is another top QB currently in the league. Dont see why anyone would want to get rid of him. Joey Harrington should be on waivers. Mark Brunell is better than Harrington.

2nd trade:

Vick for Brooks, downgrade
Davis for Holmes, holmes is the better back, but not by that much.
Branch for Wayne, both guys have question marks on number of catches
Pittman for Perry, Pittman just had one good week (week4). When C. Williams is back to full form (prob week6) then Pittman's numbers will plumett.

nolanfan34
10-06-2005, 08:09 PM
They may not be "good" trades, but they are certainly fair.