PDA

View Full Version : Re-raising PF at SSNL

JustToast
10-06-2005, 12:39 AM
So, I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm looking for new weapons to add to my game these days so please chip in your 2c because I can't find a good thread in search.

I've noticed that very rarely (other than real LAG's) do people re-raise a PF raise at the limits I've played (25-100NL) without huge cards (QQ-AA).

Let's take a couple of average 100NL players for example.

Relatively loose (35% VPIP, 15% PFR) player raises to $4, Another Player (30% VPIP, 8% PFR) re-raises to $12. Instantly just due to the way the game plays normally I'm giving AP credit for AA,KK,QQ,AK, and usually so does the rest of the table.

Obviously this can be exploited to play a bit LAGgier style of game which is good for a changeup. It doesn't require that you believe you have a better hand than opponent, only that you can push the opponent off his hand. What sorts of situations will you re-raise PF with:

a) a hand you're almost positive is better than opponent's average raising hand requirement
b) a hand you think is similar to the opponent's average raising hand requirement
c) a hand you know is worse than opponent (junk) but you think he can be pushed off his cards either PF or on the flop assuming he does not hold a monster

Obviously doing this against an idiot/fish won't produce good results if you aren't in situation A, but against an average "OK" player at 100NL for example, what are your thoughts?

And yes, I realize frequency definately matters unless your style truly is LAG

JustToast
10-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Oh, and I normally play 6-max as that should factor in somewhere /images/graemlins/smile.gif.