PDA

View Full Version : 2 5 year olds in the MHNL forum...can/should I ban?

AZK
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
2 posters that have not contributed one single shred of interesting/correct poker information are getting in a little pissing contest which consists of one bumping the others threads, (like every single thread the guy has every posted) and just posting sarcastic, obnoxious comments at the end. Now it's spilling off into another thread where other MH posters are requesting they both get banned. Is this a legit reason to ban? I've never had to ban anyone before and I like taking a more quiet active role in the forum. I try to make it as if my presence is unknown, just casually fixing threads/reposting/moving here and there. I don't choose to get heavily involved cause it's a forum that doesn't need it and I think as a community we should be able to correct it ourselves. Everyonce in a while though, a situation comes up like this where I think it's right to take action. So just wanted to hear some of your thoughts. Thanks.

AZK
10-05-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm asking this because r3bvr rarely posts anything interesting/worthwhile, but he isn't threatening/obnoxious or trouble. Spladle Master bumped everyone of his threads to tear him a new one, but otherwise never really gets out of line, so I'm just wondering what the right move is. Both are retarded, but that shouldn't matter either way.

Thanks again.

Lloyd
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
If they are disrupting the forum then I think you have two choices. Warn them via PM that if it continues they will both be banned. Or just go ahead and ban them for a couple of days followed by a PM telling them that the next time it will be for longer. MTT is similar to yours in that we don't need a lot of moderation but when somebody is wasting others time, being disruptive, and adding noise to an already cluttered list of posts we have to rectify the situation.

My 2 cents.

Dynasty
10-06-2005, 02:16 AM
Banning should be a rare exception except for spammers. Just suspend for a few days. Most people get the message.

Lloyd
10-06-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Banning should be a rare exception except for spammers. Just suspend for a few days. Most people get the message.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just so there's no misunderstanding, when I say ban in this sense, I mean "suspend". Obviously we only have an option to ban (not suspend in the technical sense), even if it's just for a couple of days.

AZK
10-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I sent out a warning, and got the 'I understand' reply. So we shall see...

Thanks guys.

xorbie
10-07-2005, 12:36 AM
I was actually going to PM you, but it died down. I thought r3vber or whatever was definitely being a dick, and is really useless in that forum anyway (all his posts are just bad beats, more or less). Spadle, while generally rude, at least attempts to comment on some poker related stuff.