PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Rush...

02-13-2002, 09:58 AM
The young leader was brave but stupid. Relentlessly sending his Suicidal Chips into almost every battle, might be under stating the situation. He did it with no for thought and surely he had no respect for the safe return of his brave Chips. Mrs. Palm and her five daughters had to dig often for more gold. Reducing his stacks of green into smaller stacks of red and telling the Palm family, "bring up more gold." The gold must have been burning a hole in his pocket. It was a sad sight for those with empathy. Nevertheless, in the Hold'em Wars, empathy gets only a disbelieving shake of the head and a prayer to the poker god that he never runs out of gold.

Can there ever be an under pair to a pair of quacking ducks? This young lad must have believed in that notion, as he called all the way to the river with those ridiculous quacking ducks. "Well I thought two pair might take it," was his thought process. Unable to embrace the release or even to understand that the bettor, might have one little pair bigger than ducks, never entered his equation for the quest of victory. It must have been all the load quacking of unrealistic hope for catching a miracle duck or even the golden goose. Film at eleven.

Good leadership requires the DISCIPLINE TO BE PATIENT (D2BP). A good military leader does not rush his Chip army into battle with inferior plans from the Supply Officer, Captain Dealer. Every idea the Supply Officer sends out for consideration is not always the perfect plan of attack. Please, face the facts slick. He has got his eyes closed when he sends out the plans. Yet we see these Cowboys with glory in their eyes hope in their hearts looking for the perfect rush. What is the perfect rush and when does it start? Hindsight has the only clear view of a rush. No, do not get undressed and look in the mirror for a hinny sighting. The question is stupid, and I ought to be shot, just for asking it.

Since no bullets are in my head, I will take a stab at the stupid idea of when the perfect rush begins. First you must have the D2BP, wait for the signal of the beginning of a perfect rush. The perfect rush starts when the Supply Officer sends you a great battle plan and it is a winning idea at the river. Then another great plan shows up. It wins, and so on. After winning four or more strategic battles with these great battle plans, you can say with pride, "I found the perfect rush!"

The way our cowboy friends look for the perfect rush is pure insanity. They believe Any2willdo! Exploring every battle plan that shows up at their door, hoping it will become the start of something great. What they fail to see, is the exploration costs can be staggering, reducing the effect of a rush when it does show up. Should we tell them? Would they believe us? Probably a waste of time and energy. Still, on the rare occasions when the cowboys do throw a hand away. Inquiring minds would like to know what they will not invest in.

SPM,...hit the perfect rush...