PDA

View Full Version : why did party get rid of rakeback?

Adam22
10-05-2005, 10:56 PM
doesn't it seem absurd that they would get rid of one of the most important things available on the party network and give everyone a huge reason to go to other sites ( euro, empire etc )? just curious if anyone knows why they did it.

mattw
10-05-2005, 10:58 PM
my two guesses are greed and stupidity.

rwesty
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
I think a logical answer is greed. Here's my prediction for what they do in the future (based on nothing but ideas).

1. Buy out all the skins.
2. Enforce rakeback rules similar to what Party currently has in place.
3. Huge profit.

or

1. Allow more than 4 tables to be played at once.
2. Make more and more of the games Party specific (or completely separate from the skins).
3. Huge profit.

Adam22
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
i figured greed was the reason but how is that logical. if they dont allow rakeback, way less players play there. i mean either way they are probably paying out percentages to the people who referred the player, doesn't the amount just get split with the player when rakeback is used? sounds backwards.

mattw
10-05-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i figured greed was the reason but how is that logical. if they dont allow rakeback, way less players play there. i mean either way they are probably paying out percentages to the people who referred the player, doesn't the amount just get split with the player when rakeback is used? sounds backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. read my second guess.

rwesty
10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Also, Party didn't actually get rid of rakeback. Although I'm not sure if they allow as high a percentage as the skins do. Can anyone confirm this?

10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
What % of Party players do you estimate even know what rakeback is?

SinCityGuy
10-05-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i figured greed was the reason but how is that logical. if they dont allow rakeback, way less players play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not actually the case. There are very few recreational players playing on Empire, Eurobet, Multipoker and Intertops. Most of the players on these sites are playing to get rakeback. The skins account for about 10% of the total player base. Almost all of the recreational players are playing on Party. Party is aware that a lot of their original player base has been cannibalized by the skins, and there is a lot of speculation as to how they are going to handle this.

Adam22
10-06-2005, 02:14 AM
yeah it makes sense that party would want to keep their site rakeback free i guess since they mostly appeal to beginners/recreational players... doesn't party make a signifigant amount of the money that the skins earn though? so you'd think they would be ok with the professionals/more serious players playing on skins for rakeback where they still make money off of it and then keeping their own site free of it for their goons.

rwesty
10-06-2005, 02:19 AM
If Party got rid of all the multi-tabling rakeback-making professionals on all the skins, the fish would probably have a much better chance of lasting longer.

Adam22
10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
i've only been on party for a few weeks but i keep learning more and more about how great it is. today someone said htat he was set up because AA beat his A6. i laughed to myself picturing top secret party agents writing a program to make aces beat A6o with regularity ( also known as reality ).

AAAA
10-06-2005, 02:45 AM
the only part of their site they would keep free of the skin players would be their multi table tourneys, and their jackpot games. The rest of the tables are populated by both Party and the skins.

I believe Empire gets as much as 80% of the rake after bonuses are deducted, at least in recent years. At one point they earned around 50%. Multi and Intertops and even Eurobet may not be as high as Empire. It could still be in Party's interest to acquire the skins and discontinue affiliate payments ala PokerNow.

Tuco
10-06-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Party didn't actually get rid of rakeback. Although I'm not sure if they allow as high a percentage as the skins do. Can anyone confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. You can still find rakeback at party.

Tuco.

MILFChaser
10-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Correct. You can still find rakeback at party.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuco is 100% correct. I would provide more details but I am confused as to what is allowed to be discussed here.

Petteri
10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

There are very few recreational players playing on Empire, Eurobet, Multipoker and Intertops. Most of the players on these sites are playing to get rakeback. The skins account for about 10% of the total player base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. If skins have 10 % of total player base = number of players, how many prosent of total volume of play in Party network comes from these players? Probably much higher percentage. Outside peak hours high volume players keep games running and Party really does not need props even on highest stakes.

Many companies have different brands for different customers. I understand if Party wants to keep "Party Poker" as high quality brand for recreational players.

At the moment i.e. Empire, Eurobet and Multibet attract high volume players and give them "volume discounts". Even though Party bought some of the skins they might just keep multiple brands for different customers.

Sniper
10-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Adam,

Party cracked down on rakeback, because their large non-rakeback affilates complained that their users were defecting!

ThePimpulator
10-09-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a logical answer is greed. Here's my prediction for what they do in the future (based on nothing but ideas).

1. Buy out all the skins.
2. Enforce rakeback rules similar to what Party currently has in place.
3. Huge profit.

or

1. Allow more than 4 tables to be played at once.
2. Make more and more of the games Party specific (or completely separate from the skins).
3. Huge profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

u run goot