NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly is poll one asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

which one the most ppl died in?

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Assuming that for the first poll you meant "What is the worst event in human history" I think that it's the Holocaust and it isn't close.

For the 2nd, I voted Indians, but I suppose that it would depend on which tribe.

Matty
10-05-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the 2nd, I voted Indians, but I suppose that it would depend on which tribe.

[/ QUOTE ]Recent archeological finds have shown that slave children worked so hard that their spines literally snapped. That's pretty hardcore.

kenberman
10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that for the first poll you meant "What is the worst event in human history" I think that it's the Holocaust and it isn't close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stalin is estimated to have killed 20 million Russians. most people have no concept/realization of this.

peterchi
10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
I don't understand the first question.

The second one is probably the Native Americans, but there are a lot of variables to consider. Do the slaves get weapons? Or do they at least get unshackled? Do the Jews still have their money, or are they already in the concentration camps?

Despite the fact that Africans were chosen as slaves because their bodies could handle the brutal conditions better than the Native Americans, if they're coming straight out of slavedom to fight, then they don't stand a chance.

The Native Americans are trained warriers since birth. If they are fighting against anyone without gun powder, then no, it's not close.

stabn
10-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I went with native americans on both and i'm pretty sure i'm right.

La Brujita
10-05-2005, 10:28 PM
This post is so f#cking tasteless.

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:29 PM
The first question is simply asking if slavery said "whatchu lookin' at stingy nigga" to the Holocaust, who would end up winning?

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no conception of how OOT works.

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stalin is estimated to have killed 20 million Russians. most people have no concept/realization of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The first question is simply asking if slavery said "whatchu lookin' at stingy nigga" to the Holocaust, who would end up winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought "this post is probably a little off-color, but it could be a legitimate question.

Now, you should really just die.

TTChamp
10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
There is no way the Holocaust even comes close to the destruction of the Native Americans in terms of number of dead or injustice.

I could see an arguement for choosing slavery in that slavery occurred over an extended time period and the attrocities affected the most people. This is especially true if you mean the history of slavery throughout the entire world for all time. If you just mean slavery in America, then I think you have to go with the destruction of the Indians as the winner (but it is close).

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought "this post is probably a little off-color, but it could be a legitimate question.

Now, you should really just die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill yourself.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 10:37 PM
It's cool. I'm just glad you can make light of the deaths of ~20 million people and still sleep at night.

La Brujita
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been around this site a long time and I just see you as an immature idiotic college kid. Wow making a thread like this really makes you cool.

istewart
Do you scream at the TV when Jerry Seinfeld says "and what's the deal with cancer?"

Los Feliz Slim
Getting offended by anything around here is an exercise in futility.

I question #1, I judge each in terms of awfulness, which takes into account malice and intent. Holocaust pwns.

Question #2 is close. I would think Indians would have larger numbers and be better equipped, but I could be wrong.

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been around this site a long time and I just see you as an immature idiotic college kid. Wow making a thread like this really makes you cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what? LEAVE OOT. Nobody cares. And yes I made this thread to be cool.

[censored]
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[censored]
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

[/ QUOTE ]

nevemind, I saw his explanation for the first question.

Cancer Merchant
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mao pwns all of these, but nobody cares about the wogs.

GoblinMason (Craig)
10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/cmason/www/whambulance.jpg

mslif
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody ever mention the genocide of the Armenians by the Turcs. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

peachy
the holocaust is way over estimated here

Cancer Merchant
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody ever mention the genocide of the Armenians by the Turcs. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Rwanda, the Sudan. Never Again my ass. Sadly, man is his own worst enemy.

Screw this. Where's my chalupa?

mslif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How so?

stabn
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong on this. However, the other two are currently underestimated.

istewart
10-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I initially voted "Holocaust" and "slaves" but am thinking both may be wrong after reading the responses. I think I underestimated those Apaches.

Paluka
10-05-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you scream at the TV when Jerry Seinfeld says "and what's the deal with cancer?"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great example. This poll is at least as interesting, funny, and witty as anything Jerry Seinfeld ever did.

Matty
10-05-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been around this site a long time and I just see you as an immature idiotic high school kid.

[/ QUOTE ]FYP

raisins
10-05-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody ever mention the genocide of the Armenians by the Turcs.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Still we are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5 million. Hardly a contender with the heavy hitters in this thread.

raisins

LeatherFace
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Most of the indians died because of diseases, sure our ancestors probably wanted them dead, but should that count?
I voted the indians would win in the fight but if the jews, slaves, and indians were all 5 years old then I think the slaves would win.

[ QUOTE ]
The first question is simply asking if slavery said "Howdy fellas! I'm 42 years young. My name is Squeak and I live on a small farm in Central Western Ohio. I raise pet store animals for a living. I like to play a little pool and I bowl a little. I like comedy movies and I watch WCW wrestling. I make native american crafts and enjoy pow wow's and rendevous. I am looking for someone in the area that would like to date and be friends. Someone that is HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY, and RELIABLE." to the Holocaust, who would end up winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

istewart
[ QUOTE ]
but if the jews, slaves, and indians were all 5 years old then I think the slaves would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

stabn
10-05-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I initially voted "Holocaust" and "slaves" but am thinking both may be wrong after reading the responses. I think I underestimated those Apaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did.

10-05-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you scream at the TV when the antennae bend themselves into horns, and the screen itself tears into a Satanic, fanged mouth?

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

stabn
10-05-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you scream at the TV when the antennae bend themselves into horns, and the screen itself tears into a Satanic, fanged mouth?

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I initially voted "Holocaust" and "slaves" but am thinking both may be wrong after reading the responses. I think I underestimated the physical strength of the Amazonian Rhinoceros Beetle (oryctes rhinoceros).

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

LeatherFace
10-05-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but if the jews, slaves, and indians were all 5 years old then I think the slaves would win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these blacks have a natural physical advantage over the indians. They were more fend for themselves type of people. Their ancestors probably beat each other up back in africa for fun when they were their age. Everyone knows the jews never had a chance in this battle.

stabn
10-05-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I initially voted "Holocaust" and "slaves" but am thinking both may be wrong after reading the responses. I think I underestimated the physical strength of the Amazonian Rhinoceros Beetle (oryctes rhinoceros).

[/ QUOTE ]

FiP

[/ QUOTE ]

You make no [censored] sense dude.

10-05-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Peachy said something I agree with. Slavery is the worst of the three, and it is not even close.

Los Feliz Slim
10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these blacks have a natural physical advantage over the indians. They were more fend for themselves type of people. Their ancestors probably beat each other up back in africa for fun when they were their age. Everyone knows the jews never had a chance in this battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap, man, just because you can elaborate doesn't mean you should

mslif
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Peachy said something I agree with. Slavery is the worst of the three, and it is not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

istewart
Lmao. Nice.

LeatherFace
10-05-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i can ill find that article about slaves in NY...the mass graves....im horrid with the internet though...it was a BBC article a few years ago...of course noone here would publish it espeically not the north

10-05-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slavery has negatively impacted and killed WAY more people than the holocaust. The holocaust was a one-time event. Slavery has basically been going on as long as humans have been on this planet.

Los Feliz Slim
10-05-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you, buddy. Some crazy guys in a shack in Tennessee called, they want their perspective on the world back.

10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going down that rabbit hole with you, buddy. Some crazy guys in a shack in Tennessee called, they want their perspective on the world back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennessee resents that

Los Feliz Slim
10-05-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tennessee resents that

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I had to pick a state and I knew I was going to get somebody. Pretend I said Mississippi.

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slavery has negatively impacted and killed WAY more people than the holocaust. The holocaust was a one-time event. Slavery has basically been going on as long as humans have been on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the world encyclopedia states that the slavery death toll range between 30 and 60 millions. The death toll from the holocaust and WWII is estimated at over 60 millions.
I don't want to get into an argument with this. This is OOt and not politics. I think we should all remember one thing:
Our ignorance of history makes us libel our own times. People have always been like this

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people assumed that the slavery referred to in the poll is slavery in the United States up to the Civil War, and not the history of slavery.

istewart
WWII =! Holocaust.

PoBoy321
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's half true. Slavery has been going on throughout the whole of human existence. However, mistreatement of slaves, like was seen in the American South is a fairly recent phenomenon (last 450 years). Your insinuation that the Holocaust has NOT had lasting ramifications is ridiculous. As a result of the Holocaust, Jews were given a homeland in Israel. That single event has been the root cause of nearly every major American conflict of the last 20 years.

However, that's something for politics.

istewart
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people assumed that the slavery referred to in the poll is slavery in the United States up to the Civil War, and not the history of slavery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WWII =! Holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wanted to clarify that I was counting civilian and military casualties.

LeatherFace
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this.

10-05-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case...slavery still wins.

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:21 PM
here is a link...this article isnt as impactful nor as detailed as the one i read years ago...but it sheds light on the things we dont hear much about and not just within slavery, in every form of genocide in the world...i dont believe u can pick one form out as the worst, many have been long forgotten in history and many still compile numbers today...any form is just as bad or relavent as the next

est 20,000 slaves in a mass grave found in New York (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3163218.stm)

History is skewed and taught the way it is seen fit, just as other forms of injustices have been skewed the fact that the south was the "bad guy" in "slavery" is far from the truth. Slavery had exsisted for 1000s of years, and was even used by the North who so like to nobely appear as if they were always in it for the greater good - like they didnt do the same thing to build thier cities as well, not to mention the basic "enslavement" of immigrants - it never ends

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WWII =! Holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wanted to clarify that I was counting civilian and military casualties.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement still doesn't make much sense. The Holocaust itself is estimated to have killed 6 million people. WWII was not fought to end the Holocaust, the full extent of the Holocaust was only discovered once the war was over. The 50 million+ soldiers and civilians who died as a result of the war should not be counted as being part of the holocaust.

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Holocaust itself is estimated to have killed 6 million people.

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Sorry, my numbers were wrong. Apparently, there were approximately 6 million jews killed and 3-4 million others.

istewart
10-05-2005, 11:28 PM
The common number thrown around is 6 million Jews, and then a bunch of random gypsies. Thirteen million would be like every Jew, lol.

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's half true. Slavery has been going on throughout the whole of human existence. However, mistreatement of slaves, like was seen in the American South is a fairly recent phenomenon (last 450 years). Your insinuation that the Holocaust has NOT had lasting ramifications is ridiculous. As a result of the Holocaust, Jews were given a homeland in Israel. That single event has been the root cause of nearly every major American conflict of the last 20 years.

However, that's something for politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactlly what im talking about...it was not just the "south"

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WWII =! Holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement still doesn't make much sense. The Holocaust itself is estimated to have killed 6 million people. WWII was not fought to end the Holocaust, the full extent of the Holocaust was only discovered once the war was over. The 50 million+ soldiers and civilians who died as a result of the war should not be counted as being part of the holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot separate the holocaust and WWII. I understand that the full extent of the holocaust was not discovered until the war ended but you cannot differentiate the casualties. WWII's purpose was to end Hitler's regime (I am simplifying this a lot), Hilter was responsible for the Holocaust, therefore the two cannot be dissociated. Also, what about the people who died in the occupied countries resisting occupations (either being executed or sent to camps), what are they? War casualties or Holocaust?

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 11:32 PM
According to this site, (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm) there were ~6 million jews, 3 million soviet prisoners of war and 1 million gypsies, handicapped, homosexuals, etc.

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This number seems absurdly low. My understanding was the Holocaust claimed ~13 million Jews ~6 million others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a quick search in Google. The most common estimate is 6 million Jews, plus another hundred thousand Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, and other groups that the Nazis didn't like.

There weren't 13 million Jews in Europe before the war began, so it would have been impossible for that many to have died. There were 9 million Jews in Europe before the war, and about 3 million survived the holocaust.

6 million (http://www.mtsu.edu/~baustin/jewvicts.html)

6 million (http://www.jewishgen.org/ForgottenCamps/General/VictimsEngl.html)

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could not disagree more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the world encyclopedia states that the slavery death toll range between 30 and 60 millions. The death toll from the holocaust and WWII is estimated at over 60 millions.
I don't want to get into an argument with this. This is OOt and not politics. I think we should all remember one thing:
Our ignorance of history makes us libel our own times. People have always been like this

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah this figure is insane...it was NOWHERE near 60 million

these are the statements that twist peoples minds and history....please.....

OVERALL besides jews it was pushing 6 million TOPS

there werent even 60 million in europe lol in that era

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I searched and fixed the numbers.

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Peachy,
I was talking about war casualties and civilian casualties. Not just the jews.

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Sorry, my numbers were wrong. Apparently, there were approximately 6 million jews killed and 3-4 million others.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3-4 million others usually includes Soviet prisoners of war, who weren't killed in the death camps, but were starved and worked to death as slave labour. The Nazis treated the Soviet prisoners much worse than they treated other Allied prisoners.

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WWII =! Holocaust.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot separate the holocaust and WWII. I understand that the full extent of the holocaust was not discovered until the war ended but you cannot differentiate the casualties. WWII's purpose was to end Hitler's regime (I am simplifying this a lot), Hilter was responsible for the Holocaust, therefore the two cannot be dissociated. Also, what about the people who died in the occupied countries resisting occupations (either being executed or sent to camps), what are they? War casualties or Holocaust?

[/ QUOTE ]

causulties of war and the holocaust are TOTALLY 2 seperate things...if we wanna talk DEATHS b/c of WARS then of course that would be the winner across the board...dont mix things across a definitive line

deaths in war is not persay GENOCIDE

Sightless
10-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Which slavery we are talking about here?

If its African's to US then its not the right answer...

The real answer would be MAO killing 75 million Chinese.. but not many know about that.. nor care, then it would Stalin Killing Millions of Ukranians and Russians...Then it would Be Hitler...

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:41 PM
I don't mix things, I just don't think you can have one without the other.

Sightless
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
another thing that pisses me off...Hitler didnt just target Jews..

He targeted Jews, Gypsies, Russians, and other Slavic people... MUCH MUCH MUCH more Slavic people died in WW2(not countign soldiers) then JEWS

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the reasons for those deaths were not "for" the holocaust...noone had a clue the magnitude til after the fact, the war - like all wars - was a fight for power, land, resources, etc. You cannot lump these into an event that occured inside a war - the holocaust - and claim it to represent all deaths that occured around its time period and event

it wasnt just JEWS in these camps...he killed his own (the mentally retarded and "not supreme") as well as other countries

mslif
10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I know it wasn't just jews who died. my family lived through it (or at least part of it).
I am just going to quote myslef for the rest:

It is just a matter of opinion, I am not saying that you are wrong and I respect your point of view.

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. They should stop calling it "WWII" and just start calling it the "holocaust". This will confuse the Japanese and Chinese who died thousands of miles away from the death camps, as well as the British civilians who lived through the blitz, and the the veterans who fought in North Africa...

HopeydaFish
10-05-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it wasn't just jews who died. my family lived through it (or at least part of it).
I am just going to quote myslef for the rest:

It is just a matter of opinion, I am not saying that you are wrong and I respect your point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour, it dragged the United States into the holocaust.

10-05-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, what about the people who died in the occupied countries resisting occupations (either being executed or sent to camps), what are they? War casualties or Holocaust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero's.

And this is the word that gives me a hard time on this one. I don't mind adding in civilian casualties to the term 'Holocaust', but the term does imply victim, and for that reason, I cannot apply it to the service men/women or memebers of a resistance who lost their lives fighting, as these are all hero's.

Punker
10-06-2005, 12:07 AM
The Natives get the vote in both categories to me. How many were killed in each of the three is open for debate; however, I think that the native americans lost both lives and land and way of life. I think its also clear that the group most affected in a detrimental fashion still today is the native american.

M0n3y0nf1r3
10-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Destruction of the Native americans takes the cake people... When the europeans came over to the americas they brought diseases with them that wipped out the incas and aztecs alone(90%), so it DEMOLISHED the navite americans... The only reason that bringing blacks to america was needed was because the indiginous people were dead. the holocaust is overated, and i agree w/ stalins 20 mil russians... jews control the media gg. And its slaves because all you have ot do is punch the jew in the nose.
-Andrew

Phoenix1010
10-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I sometimes take him off ignore because hes a New York fan and sometimes posts some funny stuff (like Eueorounders) , But Istewart really needs to kill himself. As the most racist and overall ignorant person here, he represents all that is wrong with the internet. These people that think they are "OOT" because they're ignorant pieces of [censored] are really pretty sad. When I think of the people that make this place worth reading, Istewart is one of the last people to come to mind. The really cool people aren't always tasteful, but they don't need to completely offend the senses in an attempt to be funny.

Mat Sklansky
10-06-2005, 02:33 AM
I think the thread has merit even if the original intent was to be trollish. I'm jewish, I guess. It does seem to me that Jewish people are a force to be reckoned with in this modern day world in that the various cultures seem to be thriving. The native americans as a cultural force, on the other hand, seem to have suffered. That's just my perception.

So when you talk about the magnitude of atrocities, it seems that there should be some distinguishing betweeen intent and results.

The way I see it, all human beings are the same animal, regardless of ethnicity. It's the tragedy of the extinction of other life-forms, that to me, eclipses anything the human animal has done to itself.

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 02:59 AM
The atrocities of the holocaust have been grossly over-stated over the past 60 years. Not nearly as many jews were killed as is constantly stated. 6 Million is the number commonly thrown around, but in reality it most likely around 500,000, and could possibly be as low as 200,000.

This is not to say that the killing of 500,000 innocents isn't an outrageous thing, but there is a big difference between 6 million and 1/2 million.

In mainstream academics, in is impossible to debate the facts of the holocaust, because anyone who dares to dispute the "facts" is labeled as pracicing "holocaust denial" and is lumped with fanatical neo-nazi's who think the whole incident was made up by the jewish-run media, and a reasonalbe debate on the matter is not permitted.

stabn
10-06-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The atrocities of the holocaust have been grossly over-stated over the past 60 years. Not nearly as many jews were killed as is constantly stated. 6 Million is the number commonly thrown around, but in reality it most likely around 500,000, and could possibly be as low as 200,000.

This is not to say that the killing of 500,000 innocents isn't an outrageous thing, but there is a big difference between 6 million and 1/2 million.

In mainstream academics, in is impossible to debate the facts of the holocaust, because anyone who dares to dispute the "facts" is labeled as pracicing "holocaust denial" and is lumped with fanatical neo-nazi's who think the whole incident was made up by the jewish-run media, and a reasonalbe debate on the matter is not permitted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cite your sources for these numbers please.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's because it is one of the most well-documented and indisputable events of human history.

zephed
10-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Without a doubt the destruction of native americans, and native americans for the kicking ass part.

zephed
10-06-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had quite a few Armenians on my hockey teams and none of them knew what I was talking about when I brought it up.

daryn
10-06-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the thread has merit even if the original intent was to be trollish. I'm jewish, I guess. It does seem to me that Jewish people are a force to be reckoned with in this modern day world in that the various cultures seem to be thriving. The native americans as a cultural force, on the other hand, seem to have suffered. That's just my perception.

So when you talk about the magnitude of atrocities, it seems that there should be some distinguishing betweeen intent and results.

The way I see it, all human beings are the same animal, regardless of ethnicity. It's the tragedy of the extinction of other life-forms, that to me, eclipses anything the human animal has done to itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this big time

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so that I'm clear, are you equating the extinction of the Dodo bird to the Holocaust and slavery?

EDIT: I'm not saying that I don't see where you're coming from, I'm just curious.

runner4life7
10-06-2005, 03:26 AM
I chose indians for the first becasue I am pissed about them having casinos.

I chose jews for the second because while the others are stronger, the jews are smarter and will organize and plan better.

Edit: I am assuming allowing modern technology for my 2nd answer

Mat Sklansky
10-06-2005, 03:52 AM
I'm not equating it. I'm saying that I am infinitely more saddened by the extinction of the dodo bird in it's effect, on me, than any event where one group of humans killed another.

It is much more horrific to me that humans have actually tried to make other races of humans become extinct and/ or slaves. As far as I know, it was nobody's intention to cleanse the earth of the dodo.

But I will say this: the dodo as a generic, interesting life-form, has as much worth to me as any random ethnicity of human. And while I am not willing to say that a random animal has as much value to me as a random human, I will say that I have never met a cat or dog that I wish would die, but the same cannot be said about my fellow primates.

jason_t
10-06-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the thread has merit even if the original intent was to be trollish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to say that I am pretty sure the intention was not trollish. istewart and I discussed this topic intelligently (and of course humorously) two days ago via AIM. I think he hoped for an interesting (and of course humorous) discussion here too. I seriously doubt his intentions were malicious.

nubs
10-06-2005, 04:01 AM
I voted Holocaust and the Indians and its not even close.

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done a good deal of research on this in the past. I don't really care to spend 1/2 hour searching for details. It's out there if you care to take the time and have access to academic/news databases. It's OOT, some people will belive me, some won't.

The numbers aren't my main point anyway. this is:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino
10-06-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's because it is one of the most well-documented and indisputable events of human history.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you have proved my point. If someone disputes any facts about the Holocaust, it is "indisputable"

jason_t
10-06-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done a good deal of research on this in the past. I don't really care to spend 1/2 hour searching for details. It's out there if you care to take the time and have access to academic/news databases. It's OOT, some people will belive me, some won't.

The numbers aren't my main point anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend the 1/2 hour or shut up.

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Anybody wanna lay odds that OP is the Martin Luther King gimmick account?

HopeydaFish
10-06-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Spend the 1/2 hour or shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

theweatherman
10-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Whoever voted for the holocaust is an idiot. Like four times as many Indians were systematically killed in the Americas.

CIncyHR
10-19-2005, 09:58 AM
100 % agree. We used africans as slaves becuase we had already killed most of the native americans.