PDA

View Full Version : 2001 FP Dual Monitor Problem

SammyKid11
10-05-2005, 10:11 PM
So, I got my two 2001FP's a few days ago...bought the NVIDIA 6600 GE graphics card to support both monitors via DVI. Got it all setup and now I'm having a very bad tracer problem. What I mean by this is, when I drag certain objects from one screen to the other, they get annoying lines and streaks in them...this problem also happens whenever I have one window open on top of another -- when I close the top window, the bottom window has been graphically destroyed. It takes running a window over the top of the affected area and/or moving the window down below the screen and then back up again to correct this problem. I can't help but think this is non-standard when you're talking about $1000.00 worth of monitors and another $200.00 for the graphics card.

Does anyone know what's going on with this? Can anyone help?

BTW, I know "Computer Technical Help" is a better forum for this question...I've posted there and it seems very few people actually respond to things over there. Since this forum seems to be about 1/3 2001FP content at any given time, I figured more people would see this post and possibly have some experience with the problem.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MrMoo
10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
Best guess I have is that it's a video card problem. You have a pretty unique setup so it may be difficult for others to help diagnose it. I'd suggest contacting nVidia support and having them try to troubleshoot it.