PDA

View Full Version : THAT was a good Lost

RacersEdge
10-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Damn, I knew that Jin could speak English.

TomHimself
10-05-2005, 10:05 PM
when did he speak english?

RacersEdge
10-05-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when did he speak english?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in the preview clip for next week.

TomHimself
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
o yea i think i saw that

gorie
10-05-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't watch the show, but this sounds too much like a gilligan rip off. you know, the russian spy that talked into a spoon ? wait maybe he did speak english to them all along. i guess i don't remember . these island shows are confusing.

RacersEdge
10-05-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't watch the show, but this sounds too much like a gilligan rip off. you know, the russian spy that talked into a spoon ? wait maybe he did speak english to them all along. i guess i don't remember . these island shows are confusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more like Gilligans Island meets 6 Feet Under..

PoBoy321
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I actually thought it was a little slow. I don't think that anything really meaningful happened this episode, but next week's episode looks like it'll be incredible.

peachy
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually thought it was a little slow. I don't think that anything really meaningful happened this episode, but next week's episode looks like it'll be incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least they covered a lil more than they did last week...last week got us NOWHERE...it was like watching the 1st ep of the season over again ggrrr

10-05-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How fast do you want it to go? I thought that it moved along rather fast. This episode also answered tons of questions while giving us plenty more to think about.

RacersEdge
10-05-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this show told a lot. Does everyone realize that the hispanic chick with Sawyer was the one talking to Jack at the airport bar?

LotsOfOuts69
10-05-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this show told a lot. Does everyone realize that the hispanic chick with Sawyer was the one talking to Jack at the airport bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, that "Hispanic Chick" is Michelle Rodriguez, and it was awesome cause it was well known that she signed on for the show over the summer, so you knew that people from the back of the plane survived. I was kinda pissed but there was no way for them to keep a secret that she was on the show.

But when we found out that she was with the others, that was awesome.

Matador225
10-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Uh can you refresh my memory? What was he talking to her about at the airport? Awesome episode though. Should be even better next week.

10-05-2005, 11:41 PM
those are not the others

Matador225
10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
what is your basis for this argument?

peachy
10-05-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh can you refresh my memory? What was he talking to her about at the airport? Awesome episode though. Should be even better next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

she was drinking and looked trashy lickin her fingers...i cant quite remember....heard him talking about his father i think she made a comment about it..i remember them talkin about thier seats and her saying she hated flying and asked if he wanted to trade seats maybe...she got a phone call and excused herself and that was the end of that

RacersEdge
10-05-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She overheard him talking about getting his father's body on the flight. She introduced herself to him - kind of hit in him - and said something about "the hard part being over".

10-05-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The plane crash wasn't an accident.

10-05-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The people who have sawyer and that bunch are most likely part of the rear of the plane who may or may not be affected by "the sickness". The producers/writers have said that the others were the ones who took walt. The others have boats, guns, and bombs. The people on this side of the island are using clubs and sharpened sticks.

BottlesOf
10-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Yea it was prety obvious that would come at some point.

I loved the episode but HATED the ending. Jack stick ot your [censored] guns. Now is someone gonna push that damn button the rest of the season?

Next week looks weak. Fighting over the food, they're still captive of Adebisi...if the big surprise is only Jin I'm gonna be disappointed. I want more Dharma!!!!!!

BottlesOf
10-06-2005, 12:04 AM
They were on the plane. I believe the others (if they exist) are the ones who took Walt.

peachy
10-06-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They were on the plane. I believe the others (if they exist) are the ones who took Walt.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i agree here...these people cant be the others b/c the others have been there for some time or so according to the French woman...and we know Ana lucia was in the back of that plane - these are obviously more survivors not the "others"

jstnrgrs
10-06-2005, 12:38 AM
I hate this show.

lastsamurai
10-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Can the others be the ones that came with the french woman? They dont seem like the were on flight 805. And i think the Jin speaking english could be a dream episode.

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 01:34 AM
My prediction is that The Others have something to do with the Dharma experiments and that yeah, Jin speaking english must be a dream sequence, although I have been perplexed throughout the entire series why Jin, a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

peachy
10-06-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can the others be the ones that came with the french woman? They dont seem like the were on flight 805. And i think the Jin speaking english could be a dream episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

she killed everyone on her "team"

dblgutshot
10-06-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's really not that hard to believe.

I was really frusted when they were arguing

"you press the button"
"no you"
"no you!"
"i'm scared"
"i love you dogg"
"i love you too dogg, lets get married"

peachy
10-06-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"you press the button"
"no you"
"no you!"
"i'm scared"
"i love you dogg"

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand why he did this...the psychology behind it...but yeah i was like push the damn thing already

Eurotrash
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
although I have been perplexed throughout the entire series why Jin, a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet he does some kick-ass karaoke though

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"you press the button"
"no you"
"no you!"
"i'm scared"
"i love you dogg"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I know. Jack and Locke were both completely flipped out tonight. Everybody's having to stand around and watch these two psychos air out their demons while a bomb may or may not be counting down to detonation.

On that note - how do they handle this [censored] now? Is somebody going to organize a button-pushing detail? And has Desmond really been pushing that button every 108 minutes? How can he get any real sleep? Fucker must be crazy as a loon by now.

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Was that Peg Bundy as Locke's girlfriend?

lastsamurai
10-06-2005, 01:58 AM
The thing with Jin looked like a flashback episode

Soul Daddy
10-06-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been perplexed throughout the entire series why Jin, a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought he was a hired goon. Hired goon?

Eurotrash
10-06-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yes it was. I managed to rcognize it instantly, too, I was proud of myself

private joker
10-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Here's my theory (mostly based on that awesome Orientation film): They're all trapped in a biosphere. It's the friggin' Truman Show now. Back in the '80s when everyone had a Bermuda Triangle theory, scientists were saying there was some hole in the ozone that created a magnetic field and everything that passed through it would get Lost.

Now we've got an airplane that flew into that field, and when it got sucked into some sort of Bermuda Triangle, it crashed into this UN-sponsored Biosphere that frightens its lab mice into keeping it working. The "world" that would "end" if the 108-minute alarm ticked down would be the energy that keeps the atmospheric conditions inhabitable -- sort of like a power-out that destabalizes whatever's making it work.

The thing in the jungle is a robot the scientists built to scare the human test subjects away from finding elements that uncover the truth of the biosphere. It looks and sounds like a dinosaur/monster, but is just a super-effective scare tactic.

When anyone gets into the water deep enough, near the borders/boundaries of the sphere, employees hijack them to get them back on the island. This also explains the bogus currents that are moving in the "wrong" direction as well as the compass that Sayid noticed is off. "North" is therefore irrelevant.

Anyone else?

peachy
10-06-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yes it was. I managed to rcognize it instantly, too, I was proud of myself

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i did too but mainly from her "voice" then i was like NOWAY!!!

they are supposed to do this through the whole series...have other pretty famous people coming in and playin parts in the flash backs - makes it more fun for me

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My impression was that when he married Sun, he got a job with her father and that he had been working for a while and established himself before he was ordered to whack that guy.

wonderwes
10-06-2005, 02:03 AM
I got to admit, this show is fun to watch as the story continues week by week.

I want to know what could be supplying all that electrical power.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have been perplexed throughout the entire series why Jin, a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hired goons?

(The hands-on touch. Nice call.)

peachy
10-06-2005, 02:05 AM
i was thinkin some kinda bermudia triangle type thing too...but i guess we wont know for some time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 02:06 AM
This is good.

Damn good.

[censored]. Now I know how it ends.

peachy
10-06-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got to admit, this show is fun to watch as the story continues week by week.

I want to know what could be supplying all that electrical power.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what ive been wondering too...only thing i can think of is hydroelectric somehow? or maybe some kind of solar? hyrdo seems more reasonable to me though

was also wondering if that cable to the ocean somehow supplied the french lady with her power

ThaSaltCracka
10-06-2005, 02:07 AM
thanks for ruining the show.

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The thing in the jungle is a robot the scientists built to scare the human test subjects away from finding elements that uncover the truth of the biosphere. It looks and sounds like a dinosaur/monster, but is just a super-effective scare tactic.

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to the dead pilot that was stuck in the tree in Season 1.

My guess is they are all dead and have to either redeeem themselves somehow to move on to the afterlife. Each person selling their soul for something. Locke to walk again, Jack to save his to be wife, Hurley to win the lottery etc. It seems like they all have a dirtied past.

chuddo
10-06-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.thehansofoundation.org

owned by abc, natch. im gay for this stuff by the way, so i hope it goes deeper.

private joker
10-06-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for ruining the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's just a theory. You know as much as I do.

As for the dead pilot in the first episode -- he was the bait that the robot used to scare the rest of the survivors away from finding out the truth of the biosphere. After all, if it wasn't for him, the plane would have never gotten there -- I'd say the biosphere had good reason for killing him.

chunk
10-06-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

owned by abc, natch. im gay for this stuff by the way, so i hope it goes deeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's cool

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they created that website for the show. Click on Terms of Use its owned by Disney/ABC. They seem like they plant stuff on the Lost forum, but they are almost teasers I dont like to read.

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the dead pilot in the first episode -- he was the bait that the robot used to scare the rest of the survivors away from finding out the truth of the biosphere. After all, if it wasn't for him, the plane would have never gotten there -- I'd say the biosphere had good reason for killing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the video, they said there was an "incident" that caused them to start this protocol. I think the protocol has something to do with the monster. I also think that the monster is some type of Nano technology that got out of control. Thats why in season one it looked like a black cloud was pulling Locke in the hole.

chuddo
10-06-2005, 02:27 AM
what a badass avatar. i already have my midnight madness tickets, but may not be going since it isn't going to be at midnight this year.

i hope morris steps up and stops being a lazy jackass. i was almost glad to see him gone. rondo will hopefully control the games and dominate and be sec guard of the year.

and my boy ravi moss will hopefully have a breakout year. i played poker with him, chuck hayes, morris, and carrier. ravi is a pimp.

oh, and as for lost: i suspect hurley will be the one to answer the snowman riddle desmond asked in the premier. and it will probably be from him having heard it at his mental institution from the same guy who chanted the numbers.

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Yeah, hopefully Morris wont have to sit out too much. He will be a big part of their offense and inside presence. If Orbzutz and Shag could be consistant then their defense would be stellar. I dont get many chances to make it to games being in Maryland. Luckily Kevin Grevy (UK '75) opened a bar in Fairfax that has a huge UK following for games.

http://www.canadaka.net/modules/My_eGallery/gallery/canadagirls/Evangeline_Lilly/pilotpart2-115.jpg

GuyOnTilt
10-06-2005, 05:43 AM
FYI, the new "leaked" epi (s02e04) t-word floating around online isn't for real. Just finished dl'ing it and it's just e03 renamed by some dipnut. So yeah, don't bother.

GoT

Klepton
10-06-2005, 06:28 AM
something happened 44 days ago on the island that made the plane crash. we know this because desmond asks locke "how long have you been here?" he answers "44 days ago" desmond looks shocked, and says "44 days?"

the area guarded by cement that is highly magnetic is the electro magnetic test area where the incident happened. a large power surge (unknown cause) made the electro magnetic power so strong that it brought down the plane.

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 07:42 AM
The island is alive, like the Overlook hotel, and it's lonely.

(I dunno, I suck at this)

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Along with my Nanotechnoloy idea, the magnet is there to keep the nano machines from leaving the island and taking over the world. Because they are tiny little machines (nanotech for those that dont know) they are all made of metal and therefor restricted by the magnet. This is why the "monster" has never gone out of the jungle onto the beach. If the computer is not reset, the magnet will stop its pull on them, and the machines can leave the island.

B Dids
10-06-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
although I have been perplexed throughout the entire series why Jin, a seemingly successful asian businessman isn't able to speak a word of english.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin isn't a business man, he's a gangster.

I'm responding to the OP, who I've got ignored... seems with good reason.

B Dids
10-06-2005, 11:30 AM
The producers have been very clear. They're really on an island. That isn't saying this isn't some grand experiment, but they're on an island.

10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
they have also said they are not dead/purgatory

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Edit: Im a dumbass, most nanotech is microbiology based, however there are some "small robots" that are metallic based. For instance, there was a CNN article a few months back about a nano robotic fly that was created that can actually kill bugs to sustain itself. It could digest the exoskeleton of some bugs for fuel.

colgin
10-06-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved the episode but HATED the ending. Jack stick ot your [censored] guns. Now is someone gonna push that damn button the rest of the season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, having your two or so stars standing around waiting to slavishlypush a button every 1.8 hours or so cannot be good for the future of the show. Somehow I suspect the button pushing won't last too long.

Also, if the there was nothing deeper to the Jack/Desmond connection than another pointless coincidence then I am a bit disappointed. I hope they keep him around though as he could develop into an interesting character.

ddubois
10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This episode also answered tons of questions

[/ QUOTE ]
Like?

nolanfan34
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This episode also answered tons of questions

[/ QUOTE ]
Like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like how Desmond allegedly got there, for starters.

What Dharma means, etc.

Maybe you were just being sarcastic. People have such weird expectations for this show.

imported_anacardo
10-06-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, having your two or so stars standing around waiting to slavishlypush a button every 1.8 hours or so cannot be good for the future of the show. Somehow I suspect the button pushing won't last too long.

Also, if the there was nothing deeper to the Jack/Desmond connection than another pointless coincidence then I am a bit disappointed. I hope they keep him around though as he could develop into an interesting character.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep him around? Where the [censored]'s he gonna go? Food's in the habitat, or else on the beach.

lastsamurai
10-06-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jin isn't a business man, he's a gangster.

I'm responding to the OP, who I've got ignored... seems with good reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jin is flying to Los angeles to be the local commerce Juice man.

illusionS
10-06-2005, 05:04 PM
A couple of my toughts/observations:

- Polar bear in the orientation video.
- Didn't they say there was something like 6 sites in the orientation video?
- Jack paused and looked at the photo of Desmond and a woman as if he recognized something.
- Jack got real upset when Desomnd talked about his wife.
- Anyone read the turn of the screw? The camera focused on that when he was checking the shelf.
- The big black guy sounded African and his clothes were much more worn than Ana's. Maybe he is from the crashed drug plane? I mean... apparently surviving plane crashes is the norm around this place.
- Anyone else think that the guy Hurley got the numbers from was one of the guys who pushed the button previously?
- Do you remember when Boones sister (cant think of her name right now) saw Walt? I coulda sworn he said "push the button"
- Kate is [censored] hot.
- If you check out that Hanso website that someone posted go under active projects. Then hover your mouse under the remote viewing project and you'll see "Dharma Initiative" Kinda tight.

All I can think of at the moment.

10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
the guy who hurley got the numbers from was not kelvin. The guy he got the numbers from worked for the navy and overheard the numbers when they were listening to some signal or something.
When Walt taked to shannon he spoke backwards and I thought he said dont push the button but I dont remember.

ddubois
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like how Desmond allegedly got there, for starters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Insufficently in my book. What was said makes it appear to be some coincidence, which frankly, seems implausible. Thus, I consider that question to be unanswered.

[ QUOTE ]
What Dharma means, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't aware Dharma was supposed to mean anything. What prior references to 'Dharma' were there? I've seen every episode at least once, but I guess some things slip past me.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you were just being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I'm seriosuly getting irritated with them constantly introducing new questions instead of answering old ones.

Like, today's new question: Why is the plane girl a 'bad guy'?

B Dids
10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't understand why people like you even watch this show. Hell, it's the questions that make things fun. It's all about suspense.

10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the guy who hurley got the numbers from was not kelvin. The guy he got the numbers from worked for the navy and overheard the numbers when they were listening to some signal or something.
When Walt taked to shannon he spoke backwards and I thought he said dont push the button but I dont remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt speak backwards. But when you play the audio backwards it sounds like he says "dont press the button, the button is bad"

audio (http://lost.cubit.net/audio/walt_audio.wav)

peachy
10-06-2005, 07:10 PM
yeah i noticed the polar bear thing in the videos too...

dblgutshot
10-06-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He didnt speak backwards. But when you play the audio backwards it sounds like he says "dont press the button, the button is bad"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think he says "press the button, no button is bad".

peachy
10-06-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Like, today's new question: Why is the plane girl a 'bad guy'?

[/ QUOTE ]

she wasnt a bad guy....she was put in there to find out who they were...so obviously she is with other survivors on thier side of the island and were just trying to get info...doesnt mean shes bad...they needed to be sure

Soul Daddy
10-06-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what I hear too, which only serves to confuse more.

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats correct. Atleast according to the radio when they were talking about it.

nolanfan34
10-06-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people like you even watch this show. Hell, it's the questions that make things fun. It's all about suspense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Personally, I think they're moving a an incredibly rapid pace regarding what they reveal. My wife hadn't seen the show, so I rewatched season one on DVD with her. Having seen the first two episodes of this season, I was impressed by how far along the storyline is now, compared to even the latter episodes in the first series.

The fun part of the show to me is the questions. What are the theories?

To answer ddubois, the Dharma logo is clearly showed in the 2nd episode this season. So it was clear that it meant something, but we didn't know what (and yes, we still don't).

As for the woman from the tail section of the plane, I think this is very clear as well. The whole show balances the contrast between many common themes. Light vs. dark. Good vs. evil. Science vs. fate. I think Sawyer, Jin, and Michael's captors are certainly the passengers from the tail section - and are NOT "the others". I think this is showing the other side of how survivors adapt, the Lord of the Flies mentality compared to the more civilized society we've seen Jack & co. exhibit so far.

And a lot of the other questions out there, can at least be speculated on now that we're learning about the Dharma Initiative (although not answered of course). Private Joker did a bit of this in his post. Yeah, things like Desmond being a coincidence seem out of whack and unbelieveable, but we don't know what will happen next.

I think that the other 5 Dharma stations or projects are also on the island. And I think "The Others" are part of that group somehow, who knows.

I could ramble on about this for a while, time to stop now.

10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that the other 5 Dharma stations or projects are also on the island. And I think "The Others" are part of that group somehow, who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, which is why they took Walt. He has those weird special abilities, like making a bird fly into the window and looking at a polar bear in a comic book and then one magicly appears, that they would be studying according to the orientation video.

peachy
10-06-2005, 07:53 PM
well the movie they watched was extremly interesting to me...and even more so b/c of my degree and work in psychology...i dont know if people even wanna get into the psychology of the dharam project though - what jack said was somewhat correct from one perspective

ddubois
10-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, I didn't mean to imply she was an Other as in with Ethan's group. When I say bad guy, I mean she wasn't as nice in the way that I think the encounter "should" have gone. Her behavior upon discovering they were other plane crash survivors did not seem consistent with what I would expect someone to do. I would think she would be elated to see other survivors. This should be great news, and she would notify her peers immediately. Or that she would want to commiserate over the shared experiences and mysteries of the island. Or that she would inquire about her compatriaot's wife, Rose.

I suppse this can be adequately explained away by overall paranoia, the presence of Sawyer's gun, and his rude disposition, but it seems like the writers just need to go overboard with everything.

ptmusic
10-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Good list. My addition:

I heard on Howard Stern that the inside scoop is that writers have mapped the big story out for several seasons. The characters are in the location of Nazi experiment.

Now go back to that website and take a look at the Hanso Foundation's logo (not the swan logo).

Also, consider the Founder's initials (!).

-ptmusic

private joker
10-06-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Anyone read the turn of the screw?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a horror novel by Henry James, and for trivia's sake, it's amusing that the book was adapted into a Nicole Kidman flick called "The Others." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, it all takes place in an isolated estate.

CrazyEyez
10-06-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I say bad guy, I mean she wasn't as nice in the way that I think the encounter "should" have gone. Her behavior upon discovering they were other plane crash survivors did not seem consistent with what I would expect someone to do. I would think she would be elated to see other survivors. This should be great news, and she would notify her peers immediately. Or that she would want to commiserate over the shared experiences and mysteries of the island. Or that she would inquire about her compatriaot's wife, Rose.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can think of a good reason they acted the way they did - they have had some negative experience with "the others" and therefore are taking precautions with sawyer/jin/mike.

peachy
10-06-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I didn't mean to imply she was an Other as in with Ethan's group. When I say bad guy, I mean she wasn't as nice in the way that I think the encounter "should" have gone. Her behavior upon discovering they were other plane crash survivors did not seem consistent with what I would expect someone to do. I would think she would be elated to see other survivors. This should be great news, and she would notify her peers immediately. Or that she would want to commiserate over the shared experiences and mysteries of the island. Or that she would inquire about her compatriaot's wife, Rose.

I suppse this can be adequately explained away by overall paranoia, the presence of Sawyer's gun, and his rude disposition, but it seems like the writers just need to go overboard with everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sure she acted that way b/c she had to talk over what she had found out with the people she was with...im sure it was just as unbelievable to her that there were other survivors as it was to sawyer and the rest that she was in the tail section

peachy
10-06-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- Anyone read the turn of the screw?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a horror novel by Henry James, and for trivia's sake, it's amusing that the book was adapted into a Nicole Kidman flick called "The Others." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, it all takes place in an isolated estate.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a DAMN good movie

Crveballin
10-06-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

im sure she acted that way b/c she had to talk over what she had found out with the people she was with...im sure it was just as unbelievable to her that there were other survivors as it was to sawyer and the rest that she was in the tail section

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think she is taking every precaution possible. I bet more will be explained as far as what has happened in the past 44 days for the other survivors. I think the big black guy is the husband of the black woman from season 1. Jack went to console her but she remarked "No need, my husband is not dead" even though he was on the plane.

Anyone see who the woman was in the picture? I couldnt tell when I paused it with Tivo but it resembled Jack's wife.

peachy
10-06-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think she is taking every precaution possible. I bet more will be explained as far as what has happened in the past 44 days for the other survivors. I think the big black guy is the husband of the black woman from season 1. Jack went to console her but she remarked "No need, my husband is not dead" even though he was on the plane.

Anyone see who the woman was in the picture? I couldnt tell when I paused it with Tivo but it resembled Jack's wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought she looked like her too and the way he looked at it made me try and see who she was...but i couldnt /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Has anyone with season 1 on DVD checked to see if Adebisi was on the flight?

peachy
10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone with season 1 on DVD checked to see if Adebisi was on the flight?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the 1st season DVD but didnt know u could check this lol

PoBoy321
10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i have the 1st season DVD but didnt know u could check this lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm just thinking go back to some of the scenes where they're on the flight, pause and look around.

10-06-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good list. My addition:

I heard on Howard Stern that the inside scoop is that writers have mapped the big story out for several seasons. The characters are in the location of Nazi experiment.

Now go back to that website and take a look at the Hanso Foundation's logo (not the swan logo).

Also, consider the Founder's initials (!).

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

What is significant about the logo and the inititials?