PDA

View Full Version : Rumblings in the Rumormill: Rove Indictment?

Matty
10-05-2005, 09:05 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/10/5/16712/2466

ruh roh.

Something someone I know wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Oh Lord, you have been so very good to us this week.

DeLay indicted, reindicted and facing a life term for money laundering. Frist subpoenad and under investigation for insider trading. The White House purchasing guy taken away in handcuffs and today being indicted for five felony counts for being in bed with Rove/Delay bagman Jack Abramoff. One of Jack Abramoff's business partner implicated in the gangland execution of a third partner that he and Jack fell out with.

And your blessings continue to flow. A Philippine spy outed on Cheney's staff. An Israeli spy outed at Condoleeza's NSC. Judy Miller outs herself from jail to admit that Scooter Libby outed the Plame woman to her.

And now, there are rumblings of more indictments. 22 more. One for each and every senior member of the White House staff it seems.

Lord, with all of these blessings, I know it is impious to ask for more. But please, oh please could you let one of those indictments be for Karl Rove?

Amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

DVaut1
10-05-2005, 09:09 PM
I think Rove recently had surgery to remove some kidney stones, which might explain his absence.

Someone with a better wit than mine might be able to come up with a funny 'kidney stones' and 'leak' joke.

Matty
10-05-2005, 11:08 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2005-10-06T010649Z_01_KWA603946_RTRUKOC_0_US-BUSH-LEAK.xml

[ QUOTE ]
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The federal prosecutor investigating who leaked the identity of a CIA operative is expected to signal within days whether he intends to bring indictments in the case, legal sources close to the investigation said on Wednesday.

As a first step, prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald was expected to notify officials by letter if they have become targets, said the lawyers, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter."

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Republicans are more efficient than Democrats. It only took 10 years in power for them to become as corrupt and bloated as Democrats did after 40 years of power.

Exsubmariner
10-06-2005, 03:18 AM
I submit that President GWB will use the power of the office of the attorney general (which is appointed by the president) in much the same way Bill Clinton did to disrupt and derail any investigation by the any branch of the justice department which might impede his administration. Liberals and the left will be enraged beyond words at his actions. Turn about and pay backs are a bitch, ain't they?

Love,
X

Dr. StrangeloveX
10-06-2005, 03:53 AM
So you are saying that, even if all these allegations turn out to be true, it'll be just right and proper for everyone to get off?

Exsubmariner
10-06-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm not saying it's right and proper. It is poetic justice, of sorts. I'm going to enjoy the fireworks, in any event.

X

whiskeytown
10-06-2005, 04:57 AM
I'll believe it when I see it - that son of a bitch is more slippery then a grease on a teflon floor -

and let's not forget - a lot of this stuff GWB will have time to pardon before he leaves office. Anyone who thinks this lame duck prez. won't feather his nest with a few choice pardons before he leaves is a fool - and I could even see Rove saying "cut me some slack here or I start talking about other big stuff"

RB

zipo
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
It has been a good week indeed.

That evil, corrupt wretch Delay indicted - twice!

Rumblings that Rove and Scooter indictments will soon follow for their vile role in the Plame affair.

Bush administration public approval ratings plummeting into the toilet.

Republicans savagely turning on each other over the Miers court nomiation.

The authorities rolling up RNC bagman and fixer Jack Abramoff, who no doubt is singing like a bird, giving up any number of criminal Republican bigwigs to save his own sorry ass.

A fine, fine week indeed - with the promise of more to come, soon.

vulturesrow
10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That evil, corrupt wretch Delay indicted - twice!

[/ QUOTE ]

On specious charges combined with suspect behavior from the DA

[ QUOTE ]
Bush administration public approval ratings plummeting into the toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

A meaningless number at this point, other than to make Bush haters feel good about themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
Republicans savagely turning on each other over the Miers court nomiation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal people call this debate.

[ QUOTE ]
The authorities rolling up RNC bagman and fixer Jack Abramoff, who no doubt is singing like a bird, giving up any number of criminal Republican bigwigs to save his own sorry ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that Abramoff lobbied for Democratic interests as well, right? If he starts selling people up the river, I wouldnt be surprised to see some Dems take a fall.

Pretty odd this is your idea of a good week. Not much else going on in your life? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Matty
10-07-2005, 06:20 AM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2005/10/06/who_will_be_indicted.html

[ QUOTE ]
Who Will Be Indicted?
Lawrence O'Donnell, who seems to have pretty good sources on the CIA leak story, predicts the following: "At least three high level Bush Administration personnel indicted and possibly one or more very high level unindicted co-conspirators."

In a subsequent post, O'Donnell says Karl Rove's agreement to testify again before the grand jury is a solid indication his lawyer thinks he'll be indicted.

The Washington Post reports a "source close to Rove said Bush's chief political adviser and his legal team are now genuinely concerned he could face charges."

The New York Times adds to the speculation: "In recent days, Mr. Rove has been less visible than usual at the White House, fueling speculation that he is distancing himself from Mr. Bush or has been sidelined."

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr. StrangeloveX
10-07-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it's right and proper. It is poetic justice, of sorts. I'm going to enjoy the fireworks, in any event.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

by "poetic justice" you mean a poetic lack of justice, right?

Matty
10-11-2005, 09:29 PM
http://www.needlenose.com/i/swopa/RoveMemory.png

10-11-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize that Abramoff lobbied for Democratic interests as well, right? If he starts selling people up the river, I wouldnt be surprised to see some Dems take a fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be delightful. All of the corrupt congresscritters should go down. You see, that's one of the differences between the radical right and the rest of us. A certain segment of the right thinks that corruption in the GOP should be swept under the rug and that a good way to do that is to threaten to expose corrupt democrats. True patriots say bring 'em all to justice.

vulturesrow
10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
I hope you arent implying that I feel otherwise. And for the record, Ive never been one to accuse someone who has different political beliefs than me of not being patriotic.

Matty
10-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Cue Republican talking points about the House Ethics Committee.

10-12-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you arent implying that I feel otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Zipo pointed to the burgeoning Abramoff scandal as part of a "good week". I understood your response to suggest that Zipo should not consider Abramoff as so "good" because some democrats might be implicated. I'm merely pointing out that Zipo may well not care (as I do not) if some democrats are also implicated along with Delay and his corrupt pals.

[ QUOTE ]
And for the record, Ive never been one to accuse someone who has different political beliefs than me of not being patriotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Different political beliefs"? Well, no, that by itself is not a basis for questioning someone's patriotism (depening, of course, on the beliefs). Putting one's party and its aggregation of power above the good of the country is another matter entirely. I'm quite comfortable calling out those that do so.

vulturesrow
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm merely pointing out that Zipo may well not care (as I do not) if some democrats are also implicated along with Delay and his corrupt pals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if Zipo thought it was a good week when it looked like Hillary Clinton might get caught up in some campaign finance scandal. But no way of knowing and I am not going to accuse him of being partisan in this matter, Ill assume his interests are pure.

[ QUOTE ]
"Different political beliefs"? Well, no, that by itself is not a basis for questioning someone's patriotism (depening, of course, on the beliefs). Putting one's party and its aggregation of power above the good of the country is another matter entirely. I'm quite comfortable calling out those that do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully you dont consider me to be one of those people, I certainly dont consider myself to be. Still, I wonder why you used that particular turn of phrase.

10-12-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Zipo thought it was a good week when it looked like Hillary Clinton might get caught up in some campaign finance scandal. But no way of knowing and I am not going to accuse him of being partisan in this matter, Ill assume his interests are pure.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a rather odd thing for you to say, IMO. I, for one, certainly will take additional pleasure and delight if Abramoff brings down Delay along with others than if just others are implicated.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hopefully you dont consider me to be one of those people, I certainly dont consider myself to be. Still, I wonder why you used that particular turn of phrase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen nothing in your posts that leads me to believe that you personally put party over country. However, the argument you used with respect to Abramoff is similar to rhetoric that I have seen used elsewhere by those who do.