PDA

View Full Version : Hand..

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

No, reads old hand. Wait until river to pop or raise the turn? Discuss the relative merits of each line. I choose to call because I get an extra bet out of a bluff. I also think a river raise is minutely more likely to get called than a turn raise + river bet if Villian has a made hand.

Krishan

jph0424
10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
I like raising the turn to charge straight or flush draws. Also if he has a pair he will likely call you down anyways on this board. I dont think you gain an extra bet from bluffs enough to allow him the chance to draw out on you essentially for free.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like raising the turn to charge straight or flush draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time flush draws will bet the river rather than give up at 10/20.

Krishan

jph0424
10-05-2005, 09:12 PM
I am aware of this but are you planning on raising a club river? I like getting my money in the pot when I likely have the best of it when there are likely many cards that can beat me.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am aware of this but are you planning on raising a club river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can fold to a 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
like getting my money in the pot when I likely have the best of it when there are likely many cards that can beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fuzzy thinking. It is completely incorrect if Villian will always bet the river with a busted flush draw. In this scenerio we make the same of a draw either way.

Krishan

Trix
10-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I pop the turn as I dont want to give him the option of check-calling the river after I flatcall.

I dont think he has a pure bluff that you would prefer him calling with very often.

jph0424
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
What about a scarecard on the river such as an A, won't he often check call if he has a small pair. By raising the turn you gain 1BB in this scenario which I would think is more likely than him being on a total bluff here (the only time waiting for the river would gain 1BB for you.)

danzasmack
10-05-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pop the turn as I dont want to give him the option of check-calling the river after I flatcall.

I dont think he has a pure bluff that you would prefer him calling with very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome advice. I often find myself trying to gun for a river raise when the turn is the place to do it for this very reason.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about a scarecard on the river such as an A, won't he often check call if he has a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, scarecards are a problem if he has a small pair.

Krishan

w_alloy
10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Unless he has a 2 or a K, he has at least 6-7 outs. He is actually getting odds to call (assuming you bet any river) with the 7 and its close enough with the 6 that its worth it to raise to get him to fold.

If he wont fold its still better, because as other have mentioned there is always a chance he check calls the river.

Lmn55d
10-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Definitely pop the turn for a few reasons:

1) He will rarely be on a total bluff on this board so you shouldn't worry about him folding.
2) You charge draws that wouldn't bluff the river (most would so this is not a main reason).

These two are main reasons imo:

3) He will check/call the river a lot when he would have called a turn raise and river bet.
4) If you raise an overcard river he might fold something like a pair of 3s, which obviously isn't a good result.

Also, people tend to overplay draws on the turn. He's not gonna 3bet a missed draw on the river. He might on the turn.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1) He will rarely be on a total bluff on this board so you shouldn't worry about him folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I am not weighting heavily enough. I waited till the river and villian check called with A6o.

Krishan