PDA

View Full Version : Q9 with lots of action on the flop

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero ???

Bill Smith
10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Best case scenario is you're drawing to 5 outs, very likely you're drawing to 3 or 0. Unless the whole table is a LAGfest, fold.

___1___
10-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmm..no raise preflop with that kind of action on the flop...

Natural instinct is to call/peel here but you really look to be in bad shape conisdering the pot is unraised preflop. With no reads I think a fold is good here. Weird hand...

___1___

Trix
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
It suck, but you fold.

I think button has either a worse nine, a set or maybe 65.
SB either A9, K9, 43, set or 65. I just think the combined chance that you are toast is too high to continue.

IŽd consider raising preflop. You probably have the best hand and it may fold the poster or the SB and also increase your EV on a bluff after the flop.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Call and fold if you ever have to pay 2 on a future street?

Krishan

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think button has either a worse nine, a set or maybe 65.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would anyone play a set like that?

Krishan - 122

Trix
10-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I know I have.

Fastplaying used to be the new slowplaing you know.

krishanleong
10-05-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know I have.

Fastplaying used to be the new slowplaing you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I missed MP's call. I can believe it might be a set.

Krishan

Schizo
10-06-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Natural instinct is to call/peel here but you really look to be in bad shape conisdering the pot is unraised preflop.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

Would people really cap w/ overs? The board is rainbow. i don't see how a preflop raise gives you more breathing room. I know it means TT or JJ is possible but still.

10-06-2005, 05:45 AM
NL,

Judging by the way those hands were played so far, it appears that you are miles ahead of all the players at the table in terms of poker ability. None of their plays conform to TAG styles.

Given that, is it possible that the Button limped with AA/KK?
Even though his range could include an OESD or any 9, he might be bad enough to limp with AA or KK after a poster.

What's more confusing than the button's play is MP's play. He declined his option, then called 2 cold on the flop. Another 2 pair or straight draw hand?

SB capping looks like either 43s or a set, but you never know with these characters.

This hand is frying my brain...too many confusing plays....hit the fold button and hope you were drawing dead.

NLSoldier
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This hand is frying my brain...too many confusing plays....hit the fold button and hope you were drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is pretty much what I did, without even much thought. I didnt question it much at all until I saw the rest of the hand play out /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 5c 5h (one pair, fives).
SB has 5s 6h (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 11 BB. </font>

paco
10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Wow. This is one of those freaky hands where you wished you wouldn't have folded but it was obviously the right move based on the action.

You get these laggy opponents and the normal cues/betting patterns you use for handreading are useless. If you called down you could have easily spewed 5-6bb where you were drawing dead or nearly so. Good fold, nh.

BottlesOf
10-06-2005, 02:49 PM
At a quick glance I'd say you're getting 10:1 ish depending on what happens with the other people. I think you're dominated too much and don't have 5 outs often enough, I'd probably drop there, unless I had reads that some guys were real nutty.

NL we need to play HULA!

SparkyDog
10-06-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

NL we need to play HULA!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to hijack but is there a thread somewhere where all this HULA stuff is spelled out? i'd like to know when the next one i can hop into is coming up and all that, if it's semi-open to the general public.

BongRips
10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I fold.

10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Fold, odds are awfully good you're drawing dead to trips. There's no good draw to cause that kind of action. Maybe it's just a 2-pair you're up against, but even then you're drawing pretty slim.

aK13
10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I think it's a pretty easy flop fold.