PDA

View Full Version : A7s Heads-Up Against a Tag... Not Quite Floaty...

W. Deranged
10-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Aight... Posting from a foreign computer so I don't have the HH.

Party 5/10

Everyone folds to me in the hijack, and I open with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Folded around to a taggish type (not super aggressive... maybe 18/8/1.5 or something...) in the BB, who three-bets. I call and the two of us see the flop.

Flop (6+ SB): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

BB villain bets, and I call, planning to raise any A, J, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or /images/graemlins/heart.gif...

Thoughts?

ncboiler
10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aight... Posting from a foreign computer so I don't have the HH.

Party 5/10

Everyone folds to me in the hijack, and I open with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Folded around to a taggish type (not super aggressive... maybe 18/8/1.5 or something...) in the BB, who three-bets. I call and the two of us see the flop.

Flop (6+ SB): J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

BB villain bets, and I call, planning to raise any A, J, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, or /images/graemlins/heart.gif...

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why raise the /images/graemlins/heart.gif? I'm guessing you play at least 4 tables. How can you think this far ahead? If I did that I wouldn't have time to swill beer and 4 table.

W. Deranged
10-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I play 4 tables, and was watching a baseball game... /images/graemlins/cool.gif No beer though...

ncboiler
10-05-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No beer though...

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a commie /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ncboiler
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
But why would you raise any /images/graemlins/heart.gif? I'm in learning mode here.

W. Deranged
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No beer though...

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a commie /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of beer was purely incidental.

thesharpie
10-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I like the plan. If a "safe" card falls our equity increases alot, a flop 3 bet by him doesn't really tell us much either, just hope he doesn't 3 bet the turn with something like the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Are you folding to a turn 3 bet if something like the 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif falls off? If a /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls I see him leading with something he's going to fold at least 28% of the time as long as he is a TAG.

chief444
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Raising a heart will get some better hands to lay down so it's probably worth it. At least it's worth considering. And obviously it's an easy fold to any additional action. Why not raise an offsuit 8 or 9 or even T though?

gh9801
10-05-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play 4 tables, and was watching a baseball game... /images/graemlins/cool.gif No beer though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you "wderanged" or do you usually play on an anonymous name? I've barely seen "wderanged" who I assumed was you, but if you 4table I should see you a lot... which I don't. I'm just curious

Harv72b
10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Most people on these forums aren't crazy/cocky/stupid enough to play under the same screenname. :whistling:

W. Deranged
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I no longer use that name...

I also don't play full-time. Only like 10k hands a month or something.

gh9801
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most people on these forums aren't crazy/cocky/stupid enough to play under the same screenname. :whistling:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't change my EB screenname yet, as soon as I can I will be. Anyways Harv I've seen you taking shots at 5/10 before under your 2p2 name... lol you are the same group as I am