PDA

View Full Version : I would like to hit a river one day.

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
MP3 is another of your "Party Goers" that plays 65% of their hands and usually to the river and worse always take my money. The other +90% guy stayed out of this hand, I suspect he must have had to go take a leak.

Here are the things I hate about this hand:
MP3
My Flop bet. Why would I think that someone that will not fold cheese to a PF raise ever fold to a flop bet?
My Turn play. Why did I just not release the hand? It is not going to hit anything, ever.
My River check. I should have folded and answered yes to the "Are you sure you want to fold?" prompt and been over with it.

What I liked about this hand.
I totaly ignored Miller and raised QJo preflop. I raised AA earlier and everyone folded.

What really burns me is that I folded an ISD the next hand because I did not have the odds. Of course one of the "Party Goers" drew to thier ISD and hit it as usual.

I question why I keep loosing to players like this but seem to do ok against better players. I never hit the big pots the party goers build, ever. If I look for tables with people with less than 40% preflop players I do ok usually. As soon as one of these maniacs joins the table I loose money. I would never consider moving up because of the advice here and the fact that I have watched the higher limit games and they seem to have just the same number of idiots playing as the level I play. I just can not seem to get the right feel for these super loose players. Any suggestions?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Russ McGinley
10-05-2005, 07:33 PM
You need to hammer these idiots with your strong-above average hands and save bets against them with your mediocre-poor holdings. I think QJo OOP is not worth a raise here out of the blind. You need to fold the turn, but you know that.

Roadstar
10-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Check in the BB, you are out of position! Your raise isn't going to fold MP3 hes already in for 1 and now facing 3.5-1.

Turn clear fold. Don't push your hands just because you think you're a better player than the other person you need cards too at the micro limits.

[ QUOTE ]

I question why I keep loosing to players like this but seem to do ok against better players. I never hit the big pots the party goers build, ever. If I look for tables with people with less than 40% preflop players I do ok usually. As soon as one of these maniacs joins the table I loose money. I would never consider moving up because of the advice here and the fact that I have watched the higher limit games and they seem to have just the same number of idiots playing as the level I play. I just can not seem to get the right feel for these super loose players. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because you don't really understand your opponents. Seems like the "better players" you're referring too maybe the loose passive type, where it is very easy to value bet any hand you make. Maniacs are the loose aggressive type - to handle these, you have to tighten up a bit and learn to 3 bet to isolate them and take them down.

Sometimes bad players will suck out on you and take down big pots, it happens. You will win if you play solid poker over the long term. Getting frustrated and pushing poor poor hands (like QJo) elminates the edge you have over them.

POKhER
10-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Dont PFR,
bet the flop,
check/fold turn.

Dont fight over TINY POTS VS THESE FISH! THEY WILL CALL YOU DOWN WITH 86o.

You really got to ditch the more advanced things such as blind protection and stuff. You can get away with alot of free cards which is great.

I made a post about party(Beginer tables). im just coming to break even after my 60BB downswing on first few days.ive played 4200 since depositing(1st ocotober i think).

heres the link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=3572915&amp;page=9&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

jaxUp
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to hit a river one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play against me right now. It's a guaranteed cure.

bozlax
10-05-2005, 09:11 PM
So now we're posting crap hands as an excuse for a bad-beat post? You played this one horribly; the flop was ok, that's about it, tho. But you knew that.

Being snide about the skills of players that are constantly winning money from you seems to be a little backwards, dude. Adjust your play to your opponents...loose opp, you get tighter, and visa-versa, etc., ad nauseam et infinitum. But don't start playing stupid hands just because you don't think your opp knows how to play, it's a sure recipie for being sucked out on.

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Play against me right now. It's a guaranteed cure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a deal, as long as I don't have to look at that avitar!

10-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I would have played it the same. PFR isnt bad this late.

Buccaneer
10-05-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't push your hands just because you think you're a better player than the other person you need cards too at the micro limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to think about this statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting frustrated and pushing poor poor hands (like QJo) elminates the edge you have over them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, Miller is right, that hand is a Hoover Dial-A-Matic and I was a bit tilty. I did have sense enought to quit and take a walk.