PDA

View Full Version : Living on your own for the first time

Warik
10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Been thinking about this for a bit ever since I turned 24 a few weeks ago. Been living at home all my life, even through college. When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place and start off on your own? Do you feel it gets done "for a reason" like college, a job, moving in with a girlfriend, etc... or is there just a time in your life when you feel it's "right."

I dunno... I mean, I have a degree, a great paying job (and the qualifications to get another in relatively short order if need be), money saved up, good credit, no debts... I feel as though I've already "finished" this stage of life and there's nothing more for me to accomplish here. I have friends who have moved out long ago and some older than me who still live at home (who I don't want to end up like). I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

Thing is, I love living at home. Don't feel oppressed, great relationship with family, and all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus, but I know I won't be here forever. When else would I move out? When I get married and find myself completely unable to cope with these new responsibilities since I've never had a taste of what it's like to be away from the nest?

"Hey mom and dad, I'm thinking of moving out. Why? Oh no reason... I love it here, I just feel that 'it is time' ???"

I don't know... what do those of you who had similar experiences think? How was it like for you?

(fyi: yes, I've already CKM and decided it wasn't the best solution. As for SIIHP, it's in the works. Looking for other alternatives.)

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
turned 24

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place

[/ QUOTE ]

6 years ago bro

imported_anacardo
10-05-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
turned 24

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place

[/ QUOTE ]

6 years ago bro

[/ QUOTE ]

jstnrgrs
10-05-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Been thinking about this for a bit ever since I turned 24 a few weeks ago. Been living at home all my life, even through college. When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place and start off on your own? Do you feel it gets done "for a reason" like college, a job, moving in with a girlfriend, etc... or is there just a time in your life when you feel it's "right."

I dunno... I mean, I have a degree, a great paying job (and the qualifications to get another in relatively short order if need be), money saved up, good credit, no debts... I feel as though I've already "finished" this stage of life and there's nothing more for me to accomplish here. I have friends who have moved out long ago and some older than me who still live at home (who I don't want to end up like). I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

Thing is, I love living at home. Don't feel oppressed, great relationship with family, and all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus, but I know I won't be here forever. When else would I move out? When I get married and find myself completely unable to cope with these new responsibilities since I've never had a taste of what it's like to be away from the nest?

"Hey mom and dad, I'm thinking of moving out. Why? Oh no reason... I love it here, I just feel that 'it is time' ???"

I don't know... what do those of you who had similar experiences think? How was it like for you?

(fyi: yes, I've already CKM and decided it wasn't the best solution. As for SIIHP, it's in the works. Looking for other alternatives.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed at home until my parents kicked me out, and to be honest, I wish they hadn't. I'd say that if you like living at home, and you don't have a reason to leave, then stay. Don't leave just because you feel that you are too old.

[censored]
10-05-2005, 06:54 PM
What do you do with girls? Bring them home?

Asufiji2004
10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to their place obviously

Claunchy
10-05-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's 24 and he lives at home. "Think about them with a towel nearby" seems more likely.

MonkeeMan
10-05-2005, 07:07 PM
You got a good paying job, time to get out there man.

10-05-2005, 07:12 PM
I live at home. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are well fed.

Warik
10-05-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to their place obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Warik
10-05-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He's 24 and he lives at home. "Think about them with a towel nearby" seems more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said too.

Hamish McBagpipe
10-05-2005, 07:24 PM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8662/gtfo6ex.png

tom441lbk
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
i go to school in my home town, freshmen year i lived in the dorms

now soph year i'm 19 and supporting myself and living out on my own(since the end of freshmen year)

I couldn't wait to get out

youtalkfunny
10-06-2005, 06:46 AM
That's hilarious.

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Damn, isn't that titty getting kind of dry by now?

daryn
10-06-2005, 08:23 AM
i live at home, same age, 24. looking to get out i guess, but there just hasn't been a rush.

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't see any problem living at home if you're happy with your life as it is. You're saving money and it sounds like you get along with the family. But if you're ever going to want to have a regular girlfriend, get married, etc. you might think about it. I don't know what girl would take a relationship seriously with a guy that lives at home.

daryn
10-06-2005, 08:29 AM
i have had the same girlfriend for 3 years now, we met in college. when i graduated from college i was basically broke, with no way to get a place of my own whatsoever, so i came back home.

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have had the same girlfriend for 3 years now

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. Do you spend a ton of time at her place then? I'm not saying it can't happen, just that when you get to the point where you kid of start looking for that, it might make things more difficult. Also, that means you were 21 when you started dating her so it wasn't the same as meeting you when you're 24 at home.

edit: By the way, good to see you spending some more time in 00T again, daryn.

canis582
10-06-2005, 09:00 AM
As long as you can semi comfortably get laid in your house, then by all means stay. Having an apt is about a 3-5 hour per week job, after you get it set up.

daryn
10-06-2005, 09:36 AM
she's in grad school so when i visit i stay in the house she is renting.

i agree that a normal guy living at home at 24 is going to have a tough time having a girlfriend

10-06-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Been thinking about this for a bit ever since I turned 24 a few weeks ago. Been living at home all my life, even through college. When do you all think is the "right" time to get your own place and start off on your own?

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre a man you should be out of the house for good at 18 but absolutely no later than 22. After that age, if you live at home, everyone just thinks youre a loser, regardless of job, income, whatever. Not to mention what the heck are you going to tell girls? "Be quiet as we go to my room, ok? I dont want Mom to wake up."

STLantny
10-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I moved out at 19, because I happened to have a few friends moving out at the same time, and we found a killer house. Move out. Best experience ever. Dont wait until you are tied down to do it, you MUST experience living on your own when you are young single etc.

Paluka
10-06-2005, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about time you gave your mom a break?

DavidC
10-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey Warik, I'm in the same situation except:

-No degree / regular job
-I've lived away from home for a while before moving back (I was working in a city that I didn't like so I came home).

Basically, you have to ask yourself what you'd like to do that you can't do at home, and then move out if whatever that thing is, is important enough.

Basically, the only reason that I'd leave home right now would be if I wanted to travel to another country/province, or if I earned enough to buy a house and fix up the basement, in order to rent it out to college kids.

The food IS awesome, and I could be way off here, but I don't think living on your own will be too much of a shock: just a few more bills to keep track of. Don't worry about pissing off your parents when you do, though, they'll probably help you move in and they'll enjoy seeing what you do with your first place.

I guess a large part of your comfort while staying at home depends on if you can instantly move if you wanted to: have enough money for first/last, and furnishings liquid at all times, and you don't have to worry about this at all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A line of credit works too, I guess.

Like Daryn and Warik, I'm 24 and living at home.

As long as you like your situation, you're saving a ton in rent/interest costs on a mortgage.

--Dave.

DavidC
10-06-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all this food and clean clothes that appear magically is a real plus

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about time you gave your mom a break?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you're living at home, you should be doing your best to get all your laundry done, cooking occassionally, buying household stuff occasionally, whatever. Basically trying to contribute as much as possible.

DavidC
10-06-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I moved out at 19, because I happened to have a few friends moving out at the same time, and we found a killer house. Move out. Best experience ever. Dont wait until you are tied down to do it, you MUST experience living on your own when you are young single etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to second this (even though I live at home).

I spent a summer living with a couple guys from my hometown (we went to the same college), and had an absolute blast! Best summer of my life... well, second best, but still good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chucksim
10-06-2005, 10:14 AM
I lived at home until I was 26, then bought my own house about 15 miles away from the folks. My situation was pretty similar to yours. I could have stayed, they didn't bug me or anything.

The move got me closer to work, but was not a necessity. There was no real specific reason or anything; the time was just "right" for me. I have no regrets, but now I don't discount the comments about the money savings so much.

Apartments and houses have costs (a lot of which you may not see or think about at the outset), in both time and money. I could have, in theory, saved a ton of cash not paying this mortgage/utilities/etc for 3 years, but to me, it is money well spent, building up equity in a nice home in a nice place. If you have the money, I seriously advise buying someplace instead of renting.

Warik
10-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow, lotta replies.

Re: the 18'ers, I'm reluctant to make such a big decision based on an arbitrary number. It's the equivalent of having to be 16 years old to drive or 21 years old to drink alcohol. Know what I mean?

Yea it is a whole lot of new responsibilities and experiences. Talked to my dad about it and his whole thing was that I should be looking to meet a nice chick and get married before I move out, which I'm not sure is necessarily what I want to do. It would not be fair for me to be so selfish... I should make an effort to give the ladies the opportunity to enjoy me while I'm single. (heh)

The weird thing is that my home life is completely unlike anyone else's I've been told about. My parents literally want nothing from me. No rent money, no help for utilities - nothing. Never been asked to do my own laundry or iron my clothes. Every penny I earn either goes toward my minimal expenses, my investments, toys, and savings. [censored], I did my mom the favor of buying some milk on my way home from work one day and I had to fight with her so she'd keep her damn $3 in her purse.

It's a sweet deal but in the back of my mind I'm afraid so much comfort might be -EV in the longrun.

DavidC ask a good question: "Basically, you have to ask yourself what you'd like to do that you can't do at home, and then move out if whatever that thing is, is important enough."

What can't I do at home that I want to? Chicks pretty much; however, I've always been sorta shy so I don't think my own place will magically make me start bringing home a new one every weekend. Plus with a mortgage (I would never rent unless I had to), utilities, food, etc... we're talking upwards of an extra $2,000 per month.

Dunno how you guys' home life was, but there's really nothing driving me out of there except the thought in the back of my mind of "hmm, maybe I'm getting too old," which is why I'm reluctant.

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DavidC ask a good question: "Basically, you have to ask yourself what you'd like to do that you can't do at home, and then move out if whatever that thing is, is important enough."

[/ QUOTE ]
Its kind of hard to put a dollar figure on life experiences, such as living on your own.

Also, you mortgage figure is a little high, since hopefully you have friends that can room with you and split costs. If you don't have friends, though, I guess $2k is about right.

Shajen
10-06-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
might be -EV in the longrun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing out on independence. It's an awesome thing.

STLantny
10-06-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, lotta replies.

Re: the 18'ers, I'm reluctant to make such a big decision based on an arbitrary number. It's the equivalent of having to be 16 years old to drive or 21 years old to drink alcohol. Know what I mean?

Yea it is a whole lot of new responsibilities and experiences. Talked to my dad about it and his whole thing was that I should be looking to meet a nice chick and get married before I move out, which I'm not sure is necessarily what I want to do. It would not be fair for me to be so selfish... I should make an effort to give the ladies the opportunity to enjoy me while I'm single. (heh)

The weird thing is that my home life is completely unlike anyone else's I've been told about. My parents literally want nothing from me. No rent money, no help for utilities - nothing. Never been asked to do my own laundry or iron my clothes. Every penny I earn either goes toward my minimal expenses, my investments, toys, and savings. [censored], I did my mom the favor of buying some milk on my way home from work one day and I had to fight with her so she'd keep her damn $3 in her purse.

It's a sweet deal but in the back of my mind I'm afraid so much comfort might be -EV in the longrun.

What can't I do at home that I want to? Chicks pretty much; however, I've always been sorta shy so I don't think my own place will magically make me start bringing home a new one every weekend. Plus with a mortgage (I would never rent unless I had to), utilities, food, etc... we're talking upwards of an extra $2,000 per month.

Dunno how you guys' home life was, but there's really nothing driving me out of there except the thought in the back of my mind of "hmm, maybe I'm getting too old," which is why I'm reluctant.

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents are a lot like yours, and I am tellling you, it may be -EV money wise unless you buy a house, which then its debateble, but life-experience wise it is +EV. There was NO reason for me to move out, other than that my friend asked me if I wanted to move in...Ill repeat, best 3 years ever.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 11:33 AM
It's good to live on your own at some point, because you really don't want your first time away from home to be when you are living with someone/married. I think the divorce rate is so high because of situations like yours, a bunch of kids who have been living with Mommy and Daddy who have never had to buy toilet paper in their life are suddenly thrust into running a household, petty arguments ensue, and people realize they should have been using their early twenties to grow up, rather then to be comfortable.

StevieG
10-06-2005, 11:35 AM
This response alone tells me it is time for you to move away from home. You know that you should be paying your own keep, you want to prove it to yourself and your parents. The current arrangement is not letting you do it.

gildwulf
10-06-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, lotta replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound spoiled. You need to go out and live on your own in the real world ASAP.

Bluffoon
10-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Dude you need a serious wake up call. GET OUT. Now. Part of growing up is being responsible for yourself. Grow up.

SparkyDog
10-06-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm 18 and a senior in HS. I'll turn 19 before I enroll in college and move out. Am I a loser?

DavidC
10-06-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This response alone tells me it is time for you to move away from home. You know that you should be paying your own keep, you want to prove it to yourself and your parents. The current arrangement is not letting you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... I'm starting to side more with the guys that say that you should move out. I'd strongly consider doing it if only for a few months (read 4-8 months).

I've already done it, in college and for work, so I've had some of that experience already. It's been pretty rough on me, actually, other than when I was living with friends.

So I'd suggest moving out with friends.

But yeah, it's a worthwhile experience (hella-costly, though, especially if you start buying restaurant food every day).

STLantny
10-06-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually... I'm starting to side more with the guys that say that you should move out. I'd strongly consider doing it if only for a few months (read 4-8 months).

I've already done it, in college and for work, so I've had some of that experience already. It's been pretty rough on me, actually, other than when I was living with friends.

So I'd suggest moving out with friends.

But yeah, it's a worthwhile experience (hella-costly, though, especially if you start buying restaurant food every day).

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick is, there are no tricks to moving out. You WILL be broke at some point, and learn to scrape by, you WILL have trouble with random [censored], and it WILL be stressful to find time to do laundry/grocery/clean etc. But you WILL learn SO much, and you will have a great time. I do suggest living with people the first time you move out, so you learn how to live with other people besides your family, but I like living on my own now, but I couldnt imagine moving out by myself for the first time.

NoTalent
10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep us posted on how you like real life when you move out. This should be funny. You better find a girl that will cook/clean/dress you before you leave your house to take your mom's place. Good luck on that one! lol

daryn
10-06-2005, 01:53 PM
does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does college count as moving out? i lived away from home for all 6 years (ha) of college basically. it's not like i am incapable of living away from home.

[/ QUOTE ]

You travel an assload; you're fine for now, but pushing it.

10-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Housework sucks. Stay home and let Mom do it. She likes cooking and cleaning for you. Its a way for her to express her love for you.

10-06-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's good to live on your own at some point, because you really don't want your first time away from home to be when you are living with someone/married. I think the divorce rate is so high because of situations like yours, a bunch of kids who have been living with Mommy and Daddy who have never had to buy toilet paper in their life are suddenly thrust into running a household, petty arguments ensue, and people realize they should have been using their early twenties to grow up, rather then to be comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This post is spot on, Matty. I am in the exact situation you are describing. I got used to living at home where my Mom took care of housework. Now w/ my wife, she's a total slob she sucks at housework and we basically live on takeout, and I resent her for it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Which leads to arguments and bad moods galore.

cdxx
10-06-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Been living at home all my life, even through college.

I'm just afraid that I might be missing out on a lot that I can't experience living at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

you already missed out on a lot. move out before it's too late.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. This post is spot on, Matty. I am in the exact situation you are describing. I got used to living at home where my Mom took care of housework. Now w/ my wife, she's a total slob she sucks at housework and we basically live on takeout, and I resent her for it. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Which leads to arguments and bad moods galore.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you realize it. I think you work on Wall St right? if so, a maid is much cheaper then marriage counseling.

Did you grow up in Long Island? I foresee MANY MANY MANY of my friends going through the same [censored].

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.richardsilverstein.com/photos/uncategorized/breastfeed.jpg

STLantny
10-06-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have married an italian girl. They love doing that shist.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stereotypical...but absolutely true.

10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you realize it. I think you work on Wall St right? if so, a maid is much cheaper then marriage counseling.

Did you grow up in Long Island? I foresee MANY MANY MANY of my friends going through the same [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I grew up in Manhattan, but my parents are Old World. I know what you're referring to about Long Island though, I know some guys in that situation. One of my colleagues who grew up on L.I. just moved out of his parent's house and he is a 29 year old attorney.

Mason Hellmuth
10-06-2005, 03:14 PM
I moved out on my 23rd birthday. Maybe I should have gotten a job first.

[censored]
10-06-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's working for you and it's working for your parents. That's the only thing that matters. I initially went into this post thinking living on your own is worth it for the experience but then I thought what experience? It comes down to girls I think, living on your own means you can have sex in your bed without your parents knowing, period. That's all there is to it. I don't know about anyone else but paying utilities and rent hasn't exactly been some uplifting and life changing experience. The bills come you pay them.

I say as long as you are sure your parents are ok with you living there then why not? Create wealth instead of creating it for someone else and do the things now that you may not be able to do when responsibility starts to bear it's heavy burden.

STLantny
10-06-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's working for you and it's working for your parents. That's the only thing that matters. I initially went into this post thinking living on your own is worth it for the experience but then I thought what experience? It comes down to girls I think, living on your own means you can have sex in your bed without your parents knowing, period. That's all there is to it. I don't know about anyone else but paying utilities and rent hasn't exactly been some uplifting and life changing experience. The bills come you pay them.

I say as long as you are sure your parents are ok with you living there then why not? Create wealth instead of creating it for someone else and do the things now that you may not be able to do when responsibility starts to bear it's heavy burden.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont realize, the joy of bbq ing at 2 in the morning, without the fear of waking someone up, or the enjoyment of laying on the couch all day with pizza boxes and beer sitting everywhere watching football, then going out that nightt AND NOT CLEAN ANYTHING UP BEFORE YOU LEAVE, then you are missing out on life. Its teh little things that make it worth it and fun. In reality, I didnt spend any more or less when I moved out, I just spent it differently, and it also taught me to be a little smarter with my funds.

10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My chick is 1/2 Italian 1/2 Wasp, I guess they cancel each other out. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[censored]
10-06-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I thought many studies have shown the divorce rate to correlated with A)people living together before being married and B)rising incomes and work rates of women.

I seriously doubt people who live at home until they are married are anymore likely to get divorced. Also if doing so results in having a better financial nest egg it could infact decrease the likely hood.

Which isn't to say moving out is something that should be avioded, just doing isn't likely to spare someone from divorce.

[censored]
10-06-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay the $70 a week, hire a maid and save both of you the aggravation and soon to be resulting heartache of arguing over something that in the long run isn't very important.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay the $70 a week, hire a maid and save both of you the aggravation and soon to be resulting heartache of arguing over something that in the long run isn't very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to suggest this. But it is MUCH more than 70 per week. RB lives either in the city or surrounding area.

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I thought many studies have shown the divorce rate to correlated with A)people living together before being married and B)rising incomes and work rates of women.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are all kinds of statistics thrown out there that come from biased studies and are reported by biased writers in biased media outlets. I wouldn't believe any of that sort of thing unless I'd read the study myself and had a good enough grasp of the subject matter to gauge its objectivity.

TimM
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you're referring to about Long Island though, I know some guys in that situation. One of my colleagues who grew up on L.I. just moved out of his parent's house and he is a 29 year old attorney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I was 32 when I moved out. I was saving a lot of money, and there were just no real reasons to get out. My brother moved out around the same time I did, at age 28, and he was married for 6 months before he left.

My mom and stepfather had been trying to sell the place for a few years so they could move into something smaller and cheaper, but it was during the time when the housing market was way down and the only offers they were getting were for less than what they owed. Once my brother got married and started looking for a place to buy, and the housing market turned, we all moved out of that house within a few months of each other.

Anyway to the OP, i'd say it's definitely nice to have your own place, and you seem to be able to afford it, so now is as good a time as any. Move close to work if you aren't already, saving lots of time and money on your commute is an added bonus. It's also nice to have privacy, do things the way you want, etc.

DavidC
10-06-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to add that if not, a maid is still cheaper than marriage counciling.

DavidC
10-06-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are all kinds of statistics thrown out there that come from biased studies and are reported by biased writers in biased media outlets. I wouldn't believe any of that sort of thing unless I'd read the study myself and had a good enough grasp of the subject matter to gauge its objectivity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the same studies showed that divorce was caused by global warming.

RunDownHouse
10-06-2005, 04:22 PM
If he's resenting her not cleaning up after him, won't he still resent her for adding an extra monthly expense instead of cleaning up after him? It sounds like the issue is just as much his expectations of a wife as it is the mess.

10-06-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's resenting her not cleaning up after him, won't he still resent her for adding an extra monthly expense instead of cleaning up after him? It sounds like the issue is just as much his expectations of a wife as it is the mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is I clean up after myself. I am neat. She is a slob. I pull out her hair from the drain in the shower, after I've told her a million times clean the damn bathroom after you use it, she uses my razor when she forgets to replace her own and leaves it blade side down on the sink and dulls the blade, see its beyond having a maid. Let me stop I'm getting pissed just thinking of it.

IndieMatty
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is I clean up after myself. I am neat. She is a slob. I pull out her hair from the drain in the shower, after I've told her a million times clean the damn bathroom after you use it, she uses my razor when she forgets to replace her own and leaves it blade side down on the sink and dulls the blade, see its beyond having a maid. Let me stop I'm getting pissed just thinking of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep breaths man, this is like having a roommate. It's about the love man...

10-06-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deep breaths man, this is like having a roommate. It's about the sex man...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

DavidC
10-06-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no god damn way I'm touching that one! /images/graemlins/smile.gif