PDA

View Full Version : Im stumped...

Drontier
10-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

zephed
10-06-2005, 04:40 AM
Call and bet turn representing the aces?

angst
10-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Raise pre flop, bet flop.

EDIT: I don't know why, but I read the hand posting as if it was folded to SB. I'll STFU now.

kidcolin
10-06-2005, 04:51 AM
sans reads, it looks fine. He did lead into two people. Even if this time he's semi-bluffing a hand like KsTs, you're probably better off folding in a pot this big.

Moneyline
10-06-2005, 04:58 AM
It's close, but even though you have no reads and its a small pot I think you should go for it. Most players would not limp with an ace, and a jack might even fold on the turn. My plan would be to bet the flop and turn, but back way down to any action.

EDIT: By "go for it" I mean bet the flop.

kidcolin
10-06-2005, 05:07 AM
I think betting the flop and turn is suicide. You pretty much have to check call the river unless it's another paint card. A jack is just about never folding here.

I think a flop stab is OK... but pretty marginal.

I don't know why you're saying most players don't limp with an ace. Axs and Axo are big limp hands for the loose passives that swarm the 3/6 and 5/10. QJ, JT, J9 are too. I will say that most that do limp with aces like that are also the ones who will slowplay trips most of the time, so that's something to consider. Not all of them do, though, so you're in a tough spot in a small pot.

I hope by "back way down" you mean folding.

kiddo
10-06-2005, 05:17 AM
You need reads to play this hand. Without it I would bet flop and checkfold rest of hand if anyone calls my flopbet.

You are investing 1 to win 5 and will hit turn 1/23, sometimes see a free river and sometimes be ahead even if they call so I think a bet is fine.

Moneyline
10-06-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a flop stab is OK... but pretty marginal

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's marginal, but I think its better than check/folding and way better than check/calling.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why you're saying most players don't limp with an ace. Axs and Axo are big limp hands for the loose passives that swarm the 3/6 and 5/10. QJ, JT, J9 are too. I will say that most that do limp with aces like that are also the ones who will slowplay trips most of the time, so that's something to consider. Not all of them do, though, so you're in a tough spot in a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on 3/6 6max because I've never played that limit. FWIW, I'm not in the habit of playing without any reads either. Anyway, in my experience shorthanded at all limits is that LAGs TAGs and even rocks are going to be raising an ace if they're going to play it. If opponents are loose/passive they very well might have A6, but they would have raised big aces and they are as likely to hold something like 65 as A6.

I'll also add that in shorthanded situations where I check a pocket pair in the big blind and flop contains a pair it would take an act of extreme force to keep me from betting the flop (unless my pair is small and my opponents are certain to call).

[ QUOTE ]
I hope by "back way down" you mean folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's what I meant.