PDA

View Full Version : am I the only person here who plays at Planet?

10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
No im not spamming, and I dont work for them. Seriously, am I the only person here who plays at Planet regularly? Just curious why everyone here dislikes the site. Thanks in advance.

vilemerchant
10-05-2005, 06:10 PM
1) Yes you are

2) It's crap

Roland19
10-05-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Yes you are

2) It's crap

[/ QUOTE ]

AtlBrvs4Life
10-05-2005, 06:27 PM
One time I played there for razz. Literally. One time. Worse than Pacific.

10-05-2005, 06:37 PM
"I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last man on Planet"

kdog
10-05-2005, 10:36 PM
I was one of the first ones to play there when they opened and I guess I'll always have fond memories. But now there are few games and no bonuses so there's really no reason to play there.

ewile
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I learned to play poker at the .05/10 tables in like 2001 or so.

Say hi to Shrink for me if he's still there.

Fond memories for me too.

StevieG
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
I'll own up to playing at Planet.

Obviously, there is a low number of players and tables, but the games tend to be loose passive, unlike the tight Games Grid.

The software is definitely lacking in likeable features like notes, but when there are so few players and tables there is lessing jumping around and you can get a decent read on people as if you were playing live. I don't find it slow, but I dislike the frequency of disconnects.

One thing I do like about the software is the separation of dealer text from chat, and the presence of chat by default in the playing window. It makes chat tempting and a lot of people use it. Those people tend to be friendly and chat there can be really pleasant.

Cash-outs are fast, and customer service is good.

Skipbidder
10-06-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No im not spamming, and I dont work for them. Seriously, am I the only person here who plays at Planet regularly? Just curious why everyone here dislikes the site. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at Planet for quite a while. I had trouble with Paradise early on. I didn't make the move to Party for a long time.

Once I started playing on Party and skins, I felt like a moron for not having gone there sooner. There was so much free money laying around.

There weren't very many of us playing $5-10 hold em. I knew most of the other players. It was enjoyable to play, but the money wasn't so easy. Same thing in the 4-8 and 8-16 stud hilo games. There was never really any choice of games either.

This is probably a good thing for me. If I had found Party sooner, I don't think I would have ended up with the fulfilling career I have.

Moneyline
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
I guess I'm one of the few people who actually likes the site. If they offered more frequent reloads or if I could get rakeback there I would play at Planet more frequently.

The games are pretty soft, but as it stands I can find soft games on other sites where I can either clear a reload or get a piece of my rake back, so playing at Planet just isn't as profitable for me as playing at other sites.

poker-penguin
10-06-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person anywhere who plays at Planet?

[/ QUOTE ] FYP

HavanaBanana
10-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I started at Planet, remember 'Bottom' who was the tightest player there, I would raise his each and every blind. I remember getting a $50 for $50 bonus there, not trusting online poker thats all I was prepared to lose, and in 3 weeks I had $3k and I never looked back.

I do not play there anymore because much of the loyalty I felt for the place went when Roy Cooke and Mike Caro left, and when they upped their rake the last of it went.

I still have like 10k loyalty points there, guess I will redeem them when they have a promo they are worth $20 per 1000 points.

ToT

StevieG
10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
I did not realize they upped the rake. Is it 10% now or did they raise the cap, or both?

I just received a coupon in the mail today for $50 with a $50 deposit. Maybe I'll take that and split. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

dogsballs
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
I didnt even realise planet was still in operation.

DrawDeadJed
10-07-2005, 01:41 AM
I just checked it out again for the first time in four years - it's like a fricking ghost town. Like a lot of people here, that's where I first started. I don't find their new look graphics anywhere near as bad as Party's cheesey graphics, though.