PDA

View Full Version : creatine

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:44 PM
been working out every day recently and thinking of starting to take this stuff, anyone have any experinces?

cookie
10-05-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
been working out every day recently and thinking of starting to take this stuff, anyone have any experinces?

[/ QUOTE ]
U should be fine.

Consume after workout with some simple carbs(a good spot to get some proteins also) for full effect.

Dont do it more than a couple of month at a time.

EDIT:
What kind of work out, be specific plz.

Drink lots of water, the cratine will bind water in your body(or atleast does that for most people).

Dariel86
10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
It's good, get some quality stuff. It might increase your weight quite rapidly when you start taking it. Goes down a bit though when you stop using it.

tdarko
10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
yes, the visual that i saw was mainly water weight and when i got off the mass that i had built turned into fat really fast and felt twice as hard to burn off than when i used andro (don't use it anymore).

just use protein like met/rx or advocare products...they are the best products on the market.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:50 PM
what experinces have u guys had, like how has it changed your working out?

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:52 PM
my current workout is bike for 20 mminutes, lifting on various machines and 50 sit ups 5 times a week, starting indoor soccer next week in addition.

cookie
10-05-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, the visual that i saw was mainly water weight and when i got off the mass that i had built turned into fat really fast and felt twice as hard to burn off than when i used andro (don't use it anymore).

just use protein like met/rx or advocare products...they are the best products on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]
"the mass that i had built turned into fat really fast"
That is just wrong...

Musclemass doesnt magically turns into fat, aswell as fat cant be turned directly into musclemass

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Yes, and I've always had good results. You'll notice the results within 2 weeks as far as strength/mass goes, but you'll notice the results regarding muscle fatigue (greatly reduced) almost immediately.

Besides "proper dosage", there are two keys:

-Lift harder than you used to (you'll have better muscle endurance).
-Lots of water.

As far as the dosage, find a guide and use it exactly. Err to the side of taking too much. Properly "load" for the first week as they will suggest, and then keep the maintenance doses up for the next couple weeks. After about a month and a half, stop for a week, and do it all over again, starting at the loading phase.

A personal suggestion, don't bother mixing it with liquids. Unless you pound the mix, you're gonna end up with a pasty mix settled at the bottom. What I do is put a heaping spoonful in my mouth (shut up) and chase it with water.

Remember, hydrate.

-JOTR

cookie
10-05-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my current workout is bike for 20 mminutes, lifting on various machines and 50 sit ups 5 times a week, starting indoor soccer next week in addition.

[/ QUOTE ]
"lifting on various machines"
Plz use free weights.
Benchpress, squats and deadlifts are very good and important basis lifts.

Generally: If u can perform one of ur machine exercises with free weights, do it.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:57 PM
thanks for the not drinking it suggestion, if i go on it ill prolly try that. Is energy also inceased as well as muscle recovery time?

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

Generally: If u can perform one of ur machine exercises with free weights, do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
is the difference really that dramatic? Its just so much less of a hastle.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
btw im 6'8 300, have muscle, but also have some fat. So im looking to build muscle mass and lose fat, will creatine help my goal?

mikeymer
10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Creatine is good, I use that as well as Glutamine and whey protein. The creatine builds water weight, and gives you the strength to get that last rep with heavy weights... Unfortunately if you stop taking creatine you lose the mass within a week... I like it though, I would definitely reccomend glutamine, as it aids in muscle recovery and would help especially if you are playing soccer.

and ALWAYS take your whey /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the not drinking it suggestion, if i go on it ill prolly try that. Is energy also inceased as well as muscle recovery time?

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a fine way of doing it, but remember some simple carbs right after, and remember to consume right after workout for optimal results

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Short answer: YES!

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
long answer?

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a fine way of doing it, but remember some simple carbs right after, and remember to consume right after workout for optimal results

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you're loading, you're taking it 5 times a day, so you're gonna be doing it right after your workout anyways. 2-3 times daily for maintenance, and yeah, shouldn't be too hard to fit that in there. When I load it, I bookend my workouts with it. Maintenance, after a lift.

-JOTR

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw im 6'8 300, have muscle, but also have some fat. So im looking to build muscle mass and lose fat, will creatine help my goal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Training Theory is:
Consume more energy than u use = u gain weight
Consume less energy than u use = u loose weight

So what u are trying to do doesnt go all that well with theory, if I was u then I would start focusing on the weightloss part, but still do weight training to keep as much musclemass as possible.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Muscle recovery time, yes. Energy, no, it is not directly affected. However, you won't feel as fatigued, so it might actually feel like you have more energy.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Training Theory is:

So what u are trying to do doesnt go all that well with theory, if I was u then I would start focusing on the weightloss part, but still do weight training to keep as much musclemass as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care about gaining weight as long as its not fat.

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Creatine is good, I use that as well as Glutamine and whey protein. The creatine builds water weight, and gives you the strength to get that last rep with heavy weights... Unfortunately if you stop taking creatine you lose the mass within a week... I like it though, I would definitely reccomend glutamine, as it aids in muscle recovery and would help especially if you are playing soccer.

and ALWAYS take your whey /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
As u say urself, the water isnt mass, but im pretty sure that u build a bit more musclemass while on creatine

Protein powder is fine after workout(whey), and before sleeping("slow protein" dont remember the word), but the rest should come through your daily diet.

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
long answer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Going to bed, explain later...

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Training Theory is:

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care about gaining weight as long as its not fat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Consume more energy than u use = u gain weight (musclemass+fat)
Consume less energy than u use = u loose weight (fat+musclemass)

But the point is that u cant be both consuming more AND less than what u need.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
doesnt cardio(fat loss)+lifting(fat loss+muscle gain) = fat loss+muscle gain

The Dude
10-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Creatine, when used properly, is a HUGE help in gaining muscle mass. I took it my Sr. year in high school when I was training for wrestling, and put on 40 lbs. (I was doing a lot more than just a typical lifing routing with creatine, but it was a very helpful component.)

Water, water, water.

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doesnt cardio(fat loss)+lifting(fat loss+muscle gain) = fat loss+muscle gain

[/ QUOTE ]
No, in the end it all comes down to how many kcalories u get.
Lets assume to make it easy that u need 3000 kcal a day to keep ur weight (avr)

3000< = u gain weight
3000> = u loose weight

That said I still recommend that u do both cardio and liftning (with free weigths /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[censored]
10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I've started working out as well so maybe this is something I might look into.

Could someone explain to me what it is this stuff does biologically. Also I thought it was suppossed to be bad for your kidney's or whatever?

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain to me what it is this stuff does biologically. Also I thought it was suppossed to be bad for your kidney's or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]
" Also I thought it was suppossed to be bad for your kidney's or whatever?"
Yes used in crasy doses, as is protein powder...

[censored]
10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So like anything else used in moderation and no risk?

cookie
10-05-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So like anything else used in moderation and no risk?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, unless ur kidney is already retarded /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lucas9000
10-05-2005, 07:50 PM
it varies depending on brand. i'm a huge fan of cell-tech (grape). can't say enough good things about it.

lucas9000
10-05-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does andro have to do with this?

lucas9000
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
been working out every day recently

[/ QUOTE ]

i really hope you don't mean 7 days a week.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 07:56 PM
5 days a week, so far ive taken weekends off, but plan to go 6 days a week starting monday.

[censored]
10-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Lucas,

Do you know alot about working out?

Blarg
10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does make a huge difference.

With free weights, you have to keep the weight balanced and in the right movement groove, which uses all kinds of stabilizing muscles. This trains more muscles, which is good in itself, and it trains your body to work as a unit, which is the way you'll be using it in real life -- in a sport, when lifting things up, etc. Building the coordination and balance to use your body in a unified way is a much more practical way to get fully usable strength.

And it's safer, too. Imagine a body trained to move lots of weight around in individual, isolated machine movements, that then has to do hard tasks in the real world. Someone with strong legs, back, and shoulders built on machines would seem to be capable of safely lifting a very heavy barbell overhead, but actually, if the spine, abs, side muscles, and all sorts of other muscles haven't been trained to balance a heavy weight and move it overhead, you'll wind up lifting much less weight than you should be, and the lift could be dangerous or else just very hard even though the main lifting muscles would seem to be strong enough. This is because support muscles, balance, and the ability to use your body as a unit are actually at least as important as the raw strength of isolated muscles, even when it comes to simply lifting weights. Trying to lift heavy weights freeform in real life without having trained in full body freeform lifting previously is dangerous without the strength of your major muscles being equalled by the strength of your support muscles.

You will, unless you're a pretty unusual guy, tend to overestimate your real-world strength, and act accordingly, if you train on machines, and you could accordingly hurt yourself if you try to move on to lifting weights normally at a later point in your training. Not many people will lift weights for long that are lighter than they feel their major muscles can support, just to work on form and work up their support muscles and balance. Machine work invites things like messed up lower backs and pulled obliques to happen.

Full body movements with free weights also tend to stimulate more growth hormone release, which can lead to quicker gains in strength and mass. The body is forced to do much more to cope with weight put on its entire structure than it is when the weight is only being put a couple of joints or even a single joint. With exercise, you get the most benefit when you trigger a whole-body response, which full-body movements which free weights do perfectly, and isolation movements on machines do the opposite of.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Plz use free weights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does make a huge difference.

With free weights, you have to keep the weight balanced and in the right movement groove, which uses all kinds of stabilizing muscles. This trains more muscles, which is good in itself, and it trains your body to work as a unit, which is the way you'll be using it in real life -- in a sport, when lifting things up, etc. Building the coordination and balance to use your body in a unified way is a much more practical way to get fully usable strength.

And it's safer, too. Imagine a body trained to move lots of weight around in individual, isolated machine movements, that then has to do hard tasks in the real world. Someone with strong legs, back, and shoulders built on machines would seem to be capable of safely lifting a very heavy barbell overhead, but actually, if the spine, abs, side muscles, and all sorts of other muscles haven't been trained to balance a heavy weight and move it overhead, you'll wind up lifting much less weight than you should be, and the lift could be dangerous or else just very hard even though the main lifting muscles would seem to be strong enough. This is because support muscles, balance, and the ability to use your body as a unit are actually at least as important as the raw strength of isolated muscles, even when it comes to simply lifting weights. Trying to lift heavy weights freeform in real life without having trained in fully-body freeform lifting previously is dangerous without the strength of your major muscles being equalled by the strength of your support muscles.

You will tend to overestimate your real-world strength if you train on machines, and could hurt yourself if you try to move on to lifting weights normally at a later point in your training. Not many people will lift weights for long that are lighter than they feel their major muscles can support, just to work on form and work up their support muscles and balance. Machine work invites things like messed up lower backs and pulled obliques to happen.

Full body movements with free weights also tend to stimulate more growth hormone release, which can lead to quicker gains in strength and mass. The body is forced to do much more to cope with weight put on its entire structure than it is when the weight is only being put a couple or even a single joint. With exercise, you get the most benefit when you trigger a whole-body response, which full-body movements which free weights do perfectly, and isolation movements on machines do the opposite of.

[/ QUOTE ]
thank you for a great responce.

John Basedow
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Sure. Go for it, buddy! When combined with a high intensity, fat burning workout, such as those you can learn in my videos, Creatine can help mold your body into rock hard, chiseled man-machine, that I'd very much like to touch.

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure. Go for it, buddy! When combined with a high intensity, fat burning workout, such as those you can learn in my videos, Creatine can help mold your body into rock hard, chiseled man-machine, that I'd very much like to touch.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice. the mild obscurity is a great touch.

Guy Incognito
10-05-2005, 08:52 PM
FWIW, I got a kidney stone while I was on creatine, and I wasn't using any insane amount (5g, 3 or 4 times a week). I can't be sure if that's what caused it, but I'm not taking any chances.

mikeymer
10-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Creatine is naturally produced and is found in many foods such as steak. Chances are it didnt cause it.

StacysMom
10-06-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I got a kidney stone while I was on creatine, and I wasn't using any insane amount (5g, 3 or 4 times a week). I can't be sure if that's what caused it, but I'm not taking any chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

correlation =/= causation. However, if you have kidney issues, which you obvioulsy must to some extent, taking supplements that are a bit hard on the kidney is probably -EV.

cookie
10-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Forgot this post...

Agree totally with Blarg.

I normally uses a danisch training board.

American boards u might find usefull:
www.ruggedmag.com (http://www.ruggedmag.com)
and here are there archives, read a lot of that, and you'll know a lot more about why u need free weights
http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=ShowArchive&Listing=issue_d

canis582
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Creatine? What is this? 1997?

By my understanding, it fills the muscles up with water, making the user look buffer than they really are.

You are going to want to stretch A LOT before any strenuous activity. Lest you tear a quad.

cookie
10-07-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Creatine? What is this? 1997?

By my understanding, it fills the muscles up with water, making the user look buffer than they really are.

You are going to want to stretch A LOT before any strenuous activity. Lest you tear a quad.

[/ QUOTE ]
"By my understanding, it fills the muscles up with water, making the user look buffer than they really are."
Yeah, for some it does, but thats not the reason for taking the supliment.