PDA

View Full Version : QQ

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
canterbury 30/60 9 handed
UTG+1 is a gambler moron. plays very loose and can get weird aggressive at times. SB here is a loose retard who likes to bluff postflop.

I raise Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. UTG+1 calls, some other monkey calls. SB calls, BB calls.

flop 5 ways: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

checks to me, I bet UTG+1 calls, monkey folds, SB calls, BB fold

turn (3 ways) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sb checks, i bet, UTG+1 raises....what's my plan?

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
WHat does sb do when facing 2 cold?

PokerBob
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHat does sb do when facing 2 cold?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do if he calls? what do you do if he folds? remember, he is retarded. severely.

Jeff W
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you do if SB calls? what do you do if he folds? remember, he is retarded. severely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell us what he did.

Judi
10-05-2005, 05:11 PM
With no tells.....
If SB re-raises, I have to call in case he's bluffing with a flush draw/pair. It does not appear that a re-raise will get UTG to fold.
If SB calls, I call, as UTG did call 2 cold in early position preflop. Good chance he has an ace.
If SB folds, I call for the same reason.

My conservative play is based upon the premise, that if you have the best hand at this point, you will get more money from calling them down, then beating your head into the wall trying to get UTG to lay down Ax, by attempting to represent AK etc with a re-raise on the turn.

If UTG is capable of often times raising on the turn with nothing but an overpair to the board except the ace, then a re-raise on the turn is still not the move, because you can bet/call the river, dependent upon how much action you can expect from him when you do.

I don't want to be putting a lot more money in the pot with the worse hand, than the other two are willing to do when they have the worse hand. I can put a little more, since the return is 2:1 when I do have the best hand, however, I would prefer to know where I stand.

In other words, I don't know enough about the players, to make a good decision here.

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know enough about the players, to make a good decision here.

[/ QUOTE ]

as in the JJ thread re: daryn? /images/graemlins/grin.gif sorry for that

Nightwish
10-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah, it's a common situation. A lot depends on your exact read of UTG+1. There are some "gambler moron" type players who will not raise a tight player on that board unless they have an A or better, so hopefully by that point in the evening you know the exact kind of "gambler moron" that he is.

Anyway, my default action would be to call down as long as it's just one bet to me. If the SB 3-bets, I would have to fold.

blumpkin22
10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
do you ever leave the canterbury card room? ha.

DeeJ
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't fold QQ to a gambler moron either.

10-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Why do you get off on calling other people morans, retarded or whatever othe derogatory adjective you like to use. Try to have respect for all who play without insulting them. Do you like being insulted?

JJNJustin
10-06-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
canterbury 30/60 9 handed
UTG+1 is a gambler moron. plays very loose and can get weird aggressive at times. SB here is a loose retard who likes to bluff postflop.

What's my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop playing with the mentally impaired

-J

flawless_victory
10-06-2005, 12:20 AM
looks gambling moron has 78, play accordingly.

MitchL
10-06-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you get off on calling other people morans, retarded or whatever othe derogatory adjective you like to use. Try to have respect for all who play without insulting them. Do you like being insulted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to Canterbury on a weekend. I think you will find these descriptions to be amazingly accurate.

PokerBob
10-06-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just because someone is retarded does not mean that i have no respect for them.

blumpkin22
10-06-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this directed at me?