PDA

View Full Version : Sports bar in PHX?

10-05-2005, 04:20 PM
can someone suggest a sports bar in the eastern PHX, central Tempe area. I need a place to watch my Vikings get their ass kicked every week. I would prefer a place where there is 6 or 7 medium size TV's rather then 1 big tv and 7 little ones. Also a good selection of bar food would be nice. Also Newcastle on tap is a huge plus but not a requirement. Thanks in advance.

10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Six shooters, not sure about the newcastle tho.

wayabvpar
10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
There is a Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale with a TON of TVs and a ton of beers on tap. Might be a little farther than you want to go, though.

10-05-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Six Shooters is way to crowded for me and the food is terrible.

10-05-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale with a TON of TVs and a ton of beers on tap. Might be a little farther than you want to go, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actaully work next door to the FSG. Yeah this is a little farther then I wanted to go but I hear it is really nice there. I will have to check it out sometime.

Asufiji2004
10-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Pranksters....that place owns.

10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Six Shooters is way to crowded for me and the food is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

McDuffy's has good food but is also crowded,like every other bar in Tempe on a Sunday

10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is this located at? I tried a google search but to many results not related to a Sports bar.

10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Half Moon, perhaps a bit further than you want to go. Just east of the 51 on Highland.

10-05-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Half Moon, perhaps a bit further than you want to go. Just east of the 51 on Highland.

[/ QUOTE ]

$2 PBR's all sunday long /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-05-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have heard of this but someone told me it was on Elliot and Kyrene. Is this the place that has the high def plasma TV's as the only type of TV you will find?

10-05-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I have heard of this but someone told me it was on Elliot and Kyrene

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the place that has the high def plasma TV's as the only type of TV you will find?

[/ QUOTE ]

and yes

Asufiji2004
10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where is this located at? I tried a google search but to many results not related to a Sports bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

NW corner of Rural and Broadway. I haven't lived in Tempe for 3 years but it's a small joint with a big screen and about 8 smaller tv's surrounding. The pitchers are cheap and the wings and cheese fries are awesome. Plus they have NTN

10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Well justfademe, I appreciate all your input. I just had a guy at work tell my about The Tavern. He said it is always empty on Sunday and that there is 5 big TV's right behind the bar? Have you ever heard of this place?

10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NW corner of Rural and Broadway. I haven't lived in Tempe for 3 years but it's a small joint with a big screen and about 8 smaller tv's surrounding. The pitchers are cheap and the wings and cheese fries are awesome. Plus they have NTN

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right by me so I will have to check it out, thanks for the help.

10-05-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can someone suggest a sports bar in the eastern PHX, central Tempe area. I need a place to watch my Vikings get their ass kicked every week. I would prefer a place where there is 6 or 7 medium size TV's rather then 1 big tv and 7 little ones. Also a good selection of bar food would be nice. Also Newcastle on tap is a huge plus but not a requirement. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

McDuffys in Tempe (5th & Ash - Right off Mill) is the place to go. I used to work there and now I go there to watch My Niners lose from time to time. They have every game with 81 TV's, good food, but it is busy!

10-05-2005, 07:16 PM
There is more than 1 Half Moon. The one I speak of is on Highland just west of 24th or east of the 51. They all have excellent TV coverage. Goto one, have fun.

10-05-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McDuffys in Tempe (5th & Ash - Right off Mill) is the place to go. I used to work there and now I go there to watch My Niners lose from time to time. They have every game with 81 TV's, good food, but it is busy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not busy isnt as important as long as you can still get good service. I just went to Sixshooters ago and the service sucked. I went to Famous Sam's last weekend and the service was goog but half the games were on one side of a wall and the other half on the other and I like to be able to keep an eye on all of them.

10-05-2005, 07:22 PM
I have never had a problem with service, I also used to work there as I stated before so Im sure that play part in it to. They are usually staffed pretty heavy on Sunday's since its their busiest day (next to thursdays - 50 cent coronas!!). There is also 30+ beers on tap, not sure if they have the one you are looking for tho.