PDA

View Full Version : Permanently scarred by childhood Taco Bell experiences

xadrez
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
OK, so back when I was in High School (Class of 96), they installed a Taco Bell in the cafeteria. I remember everyone was psyched.

Unfortunately, we found out that eating there would undoubtedly cause explosive diarrhea soon thereafter. I literallly remember RUNNING home a couple times with a genuine fear of crapping myself in public.

Naturally, most kids were conditioned to stop eating there, and it shut down after a not so long time.

Also, the woman who made the tacos looked like Freddie Mercury and had hairy arms.

To this day I just cant bring myself to eat at the place.

Should ISSCKM?

diebitter
10-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Obviously

dtbog
[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, we found out that eating there would undoubtedly cause explosive diarrhea soon thereafter. I literallly remember RUNNING home a couple times with a genuine fear of crapping myself in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a very special Taco Bell?

I've never had explosive diarrhea after eating TB.

MINETZ
you're missing out on a lot of delecious items. did they have a full service taco bell, or just some items?

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I think we need a Taco Bell forum

jakethebake
Your high school had a Taco Bell??? Wtf???

Also, I think taco bell must have a regular policy about hiring the trandgendered. I've seen at least two others workjing there.

xadrez
It was a limited menu. Everything tasted great.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
i have yet to have explosive diarrhea from taco bell, and i eat a [censored] load of food when i go there.

stabn
10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I think taco bell must have a regular policy about hiring the trandgendered. I've seen at least two others workjing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

In about 95-96 mine started getting bean burritos and i think one other shitty menu item a couple of days a week. Even though it was really only bean burritos it was much better than the normal cafeteria food. It still didn't match up to the convenience store on the corner though. Pizza sticks/beef and bean burritos/chicken strips/jojos/corn dogs. Unbeatable.

HopeydaFish
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The food court in my University had a TB. I remember a girl in one of my classes thought it was disgusting that I'd run and wolf down a couple of tacos each and every break during our classes.

xadrez
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My high school had perhaps the worst dietary standards in the nation. The bagels on the breakfast sandwiches were literally soaked in grease.

During lunch you had the option to get cheeseburgers or steak and cheeses from the grill. to boot, the grill lady was this old italian woman who did the stereotypical "you looka lika hungry-a boy, here-a are-a two extra orders frenche fry-a"!!! and youd end up eating a 2 lbs mound of fried potatoes.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My high school had perhaps the worst dietary standards in the nation. The bagels on the breakfast sandwiches were literally soaked in grease.

During lunch you had the option to get cheeseburgers or steak and cheeses from the grill. to boot, the grill lady was this old italian woman who did the stereotypical "you looka lika hungry-a boy, here-a are-a two extra orders frenche fry-a"!!! and youd end up eating a 2 lbs mound of fried potatoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, now I'm starving..

asofel
10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should ISSCKM?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you should SCKY...unless you were wondering if you should seriously seriously consider killing yourself....then thats ok...

phage
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, so back when I was in High School (Class of 96), they installed a Taco Bell in the cafeteria. I remember everyone was psyched.

Naturally, most kids were conditioned to stop eating there, and it shut down after a not so long time.

Also, the woman who made the tacos looked like Freddie Mercury and had hairy arms.

To this day I just cant bring myself to eat at the place.

Should ISSCKM?

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a similar experience but I was in a car on my way back to San Francisco from LA. The problems start shortly after the trip back began. I was praying for death for the next 5 hours.

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:07 PM
no, im at defcon 2, aka "seriously, seriously" after reading the choose my taco bell thread while sitting at work starving.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, im at defcon 2, aka "seriously, seriously" after reading the choose my taco bell thread while sitting at work starving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the city do you live? Do you even have a taco bell option close by?

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 04:09 PM
go try it again, if u get more diarrhea dont go back again, but dont give away a ton of potiental enjoyment!

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, then this forum would be known as the "lame ass masturbation, I never get laid" forum.

MINETZ
10-05-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, then this forum would be known as the "lame ass masturbation, I never get laid" forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
check and mate

Shajen
10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://burningideas.com/firefall/cauldron/pics/991229-Dr_Megavolt/Greg_Solberg/flames.jpg

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I staying up in Washington Heights right now, and work on 114th & b/way. I dont think there is a Taco Bell nearby but there is a GREAT taco place a couple blocks away. I can usually sneak off there but today I couldnt leave do to some training stuff I needed to do.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I staying up in Washington Heights right now, and work on 114th & b/way. I dont think there is a Taco Bell nearby but there is a GREAT taco place a couple blocks away. I can usually sneak off there but today I couldnt leave do to some training stuff I needed to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell on 125 and Bway right by the 1/2 Train.

I'm on 95rd and bway. There used to be one across from my apt..they closed it for a [censored] tasti-dlite.

Soul Daddy
10-05-2005, 04:18 PM
The fact that you knew it would give you explosive diarrhea and you ate it anyway should give you a clue about the awesomeness. I'm sure your stomach has built up a level of tolerance to crap that it didn't have 9 years ago. Do it.

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Damn your fast. Ill check it out if not this week then next and post a trip report.

Have you tried Dinosaur BBQ, its around the corner from the 1/2 stop by Fairway under the west side highway. The chicken wings are amazing.

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you knew it would give you explosive diarrhea and you ate it anyway should give you a clue about the awesomeness

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn your fast. Ill check it out if not this week then next and post a trip report.

Have you tried Dinosaur BBQ, its around the corner from the 1/2 stop by Fairway under the west side highway. The chicken wings are amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's committed to memory..When I do have taco bell, I take the subway up there and cab it home. Pathetic yes.

My friends upstate have raved about Dinosaur BBQ in the past, I've heard this is good. I will try it. The only eating I do up by us is this restauraunt Carne on 105th and Bway. I love that place. Best burgers in manhattan.

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Def. check go there. I ate there for the 1st time last week and have gone there 3 times since. It puts me in a food coma every time.

I ate so much the first time I went there it sparked an argument between my girlfriend and I, GOOD TIMES!!

Also, check out Fondo e Taqueria Mexicana at 106th and Amsterdam for huge, good tacos. Plus, free homemade chips and spicy salsas. The burritos are the size of small children, and sooo cheap.

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Def. check go there. I ate there for the 1st time last week and have gone there 3 times since. It puts me in a food coma every time.

I ate so much the first time I went there it sparked an argument between my girlfriend and I, GOOD TIMES!!

Also, check out Fondo e Taqueria Mexicana at 106th and Amsterdam for huge, good tacos. Plus, free homemade chips and spicy salsas. The burritos are the size of small children, and sooo cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I just got a little food boner. I'll check that out this weekend.

xadrez
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
My bad, its "Taqueria y Fonda la Mexicana", its a hole in the wall and tiny. Also, the address is 968 Amsterdam Ave and its between 107 and 108 (west side of the street).

Posting the exact address cause I know where it is and I still walk right by when I go there sometimes...

IndieMatty
10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My bad, its "Taqueria y Fonda la Mexicana", its a hole in the wall and tiny. Also, the address is 968 Amsterdam Ave and its between 107 and 108 (west side of the street).

Posting the exact address cause I know where it is and I still walk right by when I go there sometimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, thanks, I just favorited this thread. I see a blunt and burrito in my future for saturday afternoon.