PDA

View Full Version : I am the donkey's donkey - NL Ranting

tom
10-05-2005, 03:50 PM
how do you stop being the donkey's donkey?

i keep losing big pots to donkeys who draw out on me with slim draws. what always happens is, these donkeys win from me, then get stacked by a good player (somehow they cant outdraw a good player, or get outdrawn by a good player), and leave the table.

it almost feels like a conspiracy.

thanks for letting me rant. does this happen to anyone else?

dtbog
10-05-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop losing to 4-outers, and you'll be fine.

Lock this thread?

keetz555
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
does this happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never. I have no idea what you're talking about. I've heard of these so called "bad beats", but I thought they were just urban myths.

tom
10-05-2005, 06:54 PM
ur a comedienne.

keetz555
10-05-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ur a comedienne.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no. You are the comedian, baby. What are you looking for? Sympathy? Nobody--absolutely nobody--wants to hear bad beat stories. Just trust me on this one.

dtbog
10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bad beat stories

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't even a story. This was just bitching.

ZenMusician
10-05-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...who draw out on me with slim draws...

[/ QUOTE ]

= Bad Beat Story

pwn3d

-ZEN

greg nice
10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

only about twice in the last week. huge huge fish drawout at 4:1 and 10:1 vs me for $2k a piece, then run up $8k stacks and dump it to everyone else. very frustrating.

Mr. Curious
10-05-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i keep losing big pots to donkeys who draw out on me with slim draws. what always happens is, these donkeys win from me, then get stacked by a good player (somehow they cant outdraw a good player, or get outdrawn by a good player), and leave the table.

it almost feels like a conspiracy.

thanks for letting me rant. does this happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short Term Syndrome. It happens when all you think about is the money that you lost in any given hand or session, rather than the long term expected value of any given action.

smoore
10-06-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Never. I have no idea what you're talking about. I've heard of these so called "bad beats", but I thought they were just urban myths.

[/ QUOTE ]

I avoid bad beats by getting all in with the worst of it. Works great.

DWarrior
10-06-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the key to winning poker is being the guy who gives the bad beats. Think Gus Hansen and Daniel Negreanu, THE WINNERS!

mattw
10-06-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too funny. nh sir.

mattw
10-06-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, the key to winning poker is being the guy who gives the bad beats. Think Gus Hansen and Daniel Negreanu, THE WINNERS!

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are giving bad beats then you are in there with the worst of it. a generally accepted principle is that a good player will receive more bad beats than a bad player.