PDA

View Full Version : 4th pair, but I've got a good kicker.

Entity
10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
3-handed 10/20 6max at a non-Party site. Villain in this hand is capable of being incredibly aggressive, running multi-street bluffs with marignal hands and often nothing at all, and playing back with little. His PFR in this spot is probably ~70%+, VPIP probably 100%. He hasn't been checkraising much when he's had the lead but he'll put in 3 bets with Ace high on the flop and sometimes multiple bets on the turn. Recently he capped the turn against me with a pair+FD on a paired board (board 2284dd, he has Jd8d) after I bet the flop and bet-3bet the turn.

Folded to him in the SB and he raises. I call with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Flop is 6/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. He bets and I call.

Turn is the T/images/graemlins/club.gif. He bets and I call.

River is the 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He checks and I value bet.

Any street we'd like to change?

Rob

BottlesOf
10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
I like it. The only area where I'm pausing is the river, I need to think a bit about that, but I think I like it.

Surfbullet
10-05-2005, 03:45 PM
The river's tough, but I like the rest.

I think he'll definitely call with worse hands, but I'd be worried about him pulling a bluff-raise stunt on the river close to the correct %-age of the time. If he's going to bluff c/r too much then bet-call... if he does it sometimes but not often enough to make me want to call the raise I probably chicken out and check the river.

Surf

Predator314
10-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I can see him calling you down with ace high. What else do you think he will call with? What happens if he raises you on the river? Is he aggressive enough to throw a bluff raise on the end?

@bsolute_luck
10-05-2005, 04:11 PM
this is an aside really and i don't play 10/20, but what makes you call this preflop? thanks.

10-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I think its because:
1) its 3 handed
2) the guy is a maniac

Entity
10-05-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is an aside really and i don't play 10/20, but what makes you call this preflop? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Position.

@bsolute_luck
10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
and i guess you're releasing to a lot of flops then?

thanks Entity and Bright for your comments.

Lash
10-05-2005, 04:16 PM
If you are going to value bet the river if checked to (river dependent of course, in this case a blank), then in my opinion you should have raised the turn.

-If he plays back on turn you pay off unimproved on river.
-If he just calls on turn you can still try to get marginal value on the river if you really want to, or you can take the free showdown since you got an extra bet from him on the turn.

Do you consider these realistic options with logical motive?... Or just overagression?

Catt
10-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I think I like it, but I'd also like a better sense of his river play, particularly if he calls with crap since this goes to the heart of how much value there is in the bet. (your read is great but it seems to apply more to earlier streets, except perhaps for the multi-street bluff" capability).