PDA

View Full Version : Top pair may be in trouble

Perseus
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Just curious to what you guys think about this flop decision.

This was the first hand I played at the table and I had no previous reads against the other two opponents. Obviously this hand is ten times easier to play with any kind of read...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero ...

At this point I am thinking three bet or fold, but the next two streets are really going to suck out of position if I get played back at.

Generally I am three betting this and laying it down to a raise on the turn, but I think I might be giving up too much here with top pair in a generally big pot.

Any thoughts appriciated...

elindauer
10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I reraise and am showdown bound.

gl
eric

highlife
10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
obviously a case of WA/WB. I would actually try to get to a showdown as cheaply as possible considering your position, so just call two cold here. Unless you pickup a club or jack on the turn, then consider a donk-bet or check-raise.

Perseus
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
If I am playing this hand then I am three betting to try and knock out the SB.

Does anyone disagree?

mc1023
10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
3bet.