PDA

View Full Version : FF trade

sublime
10-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Dont attack me if the answer is obvious, I dont have as much dedication to this as some of you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Soss is offering me either

Steve Smith or Torry Holt

For Antonio Gates

My other TE's on the roster are Pollard and Eric Johnson (out)

MY WR's:
R Williams
K Johnsom
D Mason
J Porter
E Moulds

brettbrettr
10-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Firstly, pal, there's no reaon to carry so many TE's. One is fine, especially when you have someone like Gates b/c aside from his bye week he always starts. Cut Johnson.

Holt for Gates is a fine deal, and he's not trying to rip you off, if that's what you wanted to know. Do you get points per catch? Just yardage and TDs?

sublime
10-05-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, pal, there's no reaon to carry so many TE's. One is fine, especially when you have someone like Gates b/c aside from his bye week he always starts. Cut Johnson.

Holt for Gates is a fine deal, and he's not trying to rip you off, if that's what you wanted to know. Do you get points per catch? Just yardage and TDs?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2pt for each catch.

i wasnt concerned with getting ripped of really, just wondering if it made any sense to make the deal. my WR's seem pretty weak.

sublime
10-05-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2pt for each catch.

i wasnt concerned with getting ripped of really, just wondering if it made any sense to make the deal. my WR's seem pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, i have 3TE's due to gates being suspended in the beginning of the year and me finding out johnsons injury was worse than thought. johnson is out for another week at least then has his bye week. i assume its dead weight at this point. i can move faulk onto IR also.

brettbrettr
10-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I'd prob take Holt for Gates. Holt will have prob 20 more catches, 300 more yards, and maybe 1 less TD than Gates. Maybe 2 less. But it'll be close.

Yes, your WRs are pretty weak.

Jeff W
10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd prob take Holt for Gates. Holt will have prob 20 more catches, 300 more yards, and maybe 1 less TD than Gates. Maybe 2 less. But it'll be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't compare Holt to Gates when you evaluate this trade. You should compare Holt+Pollard to Gates+#2 WR.

brettbrettr
10-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you're right.

Are there other FA TE's? Pollard would e good if not for his QB. That's actually a running thread among all your WR. Shaky QBs (sans Keyshawn).

sublime
10-05-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're right.

Are there other FA TE's? Pollard would e good if not for his QB. That's actually a running thread among all your WR. Shaky QBs (sans Keyshawn).

[/ QUOTE ]

the kid from cle heien who has been a surprise is available.

i start 3 WR's each week. who should i use to compare this trade?

brettbrettr
10-05-2005, 04:00 PM
Use HOlt/Pollard to XXXX/Gates.

I suspect you'll find its a good deal for you.

SossMan
10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont attack me if the answer is obvious, I dont have as much dedication to this as some of you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Soss is offering me either

Steve Smith or Torry Holt

For Antonio Gates

My other TE's on the roster are Pollard and Eric Johnson (out)

MY WR's:
R Williams
K Johnsom
D Mason
J Porter
E Moulds

[/ QUOTE ]

and it's a good deal for me too, since I have Plaxico and Galloway warming the bench and Jerramy Stevens starting. I think that I'm giving quite a bit of value for a TE, but good trades should make both teams better. I've never been one of those guys who just throw a bunch of trades out there to see who bites. I always look at it from the other guy's POV. Of course, we are both 4-0 so we have to be doing something right.

wonderwes
10-06-2005, 08:11 PM
TE are prob the hardest thing to pick in FF. I have Tony Gonzales. What a bust he has been
week4 stats: 2 catches, 5 yards

Gates will get many TD. He's just one of the best all around offensive plaeyrs in the league. Torry Holt will catch a lot of TD passes this year. He's Bulger's fav. target, esp since Issac Bruce is sitting for the 2nd week in a row.

Gates might not be a bad trade if you have other decent TE. Keyshawn Johnson is actually doing decent this year. D. Mason is terrible. J Porter will get a lot of catches with R. Moss being double teamed each week.

I think if you shopped around you would find a lot of people wanting to trade their players (maybe a top RB) to get their hands on A. Gates. Sounds like you have enough productive receivers.

sublime
10-06-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TE are prob the hardest thing to pick in FF. I have Tony Gonzales. What a bust he has been
week4 stats: 2 catches, 5 yards

Gates will get many TD. He's just one of the best all around offensive plaeyrs in the league. Torry Holt will catch a lot of TD passes this year. He's Bulger's fav. target, esp since Issac Bruce is sitting for the 2nd week in a row.

Gates might not be a bad trade if you have other decent TE. Keyshawn Johnson is actually doing decent this year. D. Mason is terrible. J Porter will get a lot of catches with R. Moss being double teamed each week.

I think if you shopped around you would find a lot of people wanting to trade their players (maybe a top RB) to get their hands on A. Gates. Sounds like you have enough productive receivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes also willing to do jaramy stevens and shaun alexander for tiki and gates.

all these deals seem fair fwiw. although soss definitly knows what time it is.

lastchance
10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
With your crappy WR's, I'd rather have Holt, though Alexander is a stud.