PDA

View Full Version : I just peed on my chips. Should I still eat them?

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I was just using a urinal and I had my lunch in my hand. My bag of chips was dangling precariously between my sam'ich and my Gatorade. The bag of chips was unopened.

The bag fell into the urinal, passing through my stream of urine. I finished, flushed, got some paper towels, and got it out. I cleaned off the pee pretty thoroughly, fully planning on eating it. Now the bag is just sitting on my desk and I have no idea what to do. Opinions?

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Why would you ever have your lunch anywhere near a urinal?

Claunchy
10-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Who pees with a bunch of stuff in his hands? Set that stuff on the counter next time.

I voted to eat the chips.

lem45216
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Is the bag watertight?
Generally chip bags arent. And even if it is watertight there is still something unsettling about eating food that you've peed on.

imported_The Vibesman
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Go ahead and eat them. Industrially processed food has had many more disgusting things happen to it than that, so don't worry about it. If it does bother you, picture a mouse taking a dump into the potato chip press, laugh at how cute that is, and have a bite.

Try leaving your lunch somewhere outside the bathroom next time. I would never take my lunch into the john with me.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the bag watertight? Generally chip bags arent.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chip companies actually purposely make the bags not to be airtight. They don't want to extend the shelf-life of the product.

dtbog
[ QUOTE ]
If it does bother you, picture a mouse taking a dump into the potato chip press, laugh at how cute that is, and have a bite.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I voted not to eat them -- not because I think it's unsanitary or unsafe (or even gross, because they didn't touch the pee), but because I'd be thinking about it while I was eating them, and therefore wouldn't enjoy the chips.

Seriously, though, leave the chips on the sink next time.

JihadOnTheRiver
Yeah I guess I shoulda cleared that up first. I was walking back from buying my lunch and made an emergency pee stop. There was no counters. No, I don't normally bring food into the John. But still, I think I wanna eat these chips.

-JOTR

JTrout
10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
It's all in the timing.

1) Use bathroom. Wash hands.
2) Order lunch. Eat.
3) Use bathroom. Wash hands.
4) Nap.

lem45216
10-05-2005, 02:48 PM
It really is just a recipe for disaster eating your chips whilst urinating. What did you expect to happen? You manage to successfully pee without dropping said chips and return to the office to eat them? Sods law says you will drop those chips in the urinal.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I wasn't eating them. Read the post. Also, incase anybody was wondering....

http://www.fritolay.com/images/cm/lays-kc-original.gif

LeatherFace
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
It's quite simple, will eating these chips make you more happy or less happy then you are right now?

samjjones
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
Why did you fish it out of the urinal?

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted not to eat them -- not because I think it's unsanitary or unsafe (or even gross, because they didn't touch the pee), but because I'd be thinking about it while I was eating them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my main issue.

benza13
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if you are going to do this, you might as well eat them...

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I said I used paper towels. Never made hand-to-pee contact. WTF am I supposed to do? Leave them in there for Consuela to fish out?

dtbog
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight -- if this happened to you, you'd just leave a bag of potato chips sitting in a public urinal?

I'm fishing these out whether or not I eat them.

Go_Blue88
10-05-2005, 02:55 PM
I dunno man, I think it's bad enough that you brought the chips back and put them on your desk. What do you mean you "cleaned the pee off?" That's just weird. To me, and I may just be crazy, I'd rather go back and pay 50 cents for a new bag of chips. I suppose if you'll extend your lunch break too long by doing this...well no, you'd be a freak to eat them.

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The chip companies actually purposely make the bags not to be airtight. They don't want to extend the shelf-life of the product.

[/ QUOTE ]

this confuses me.

imported_The Vibesman
10-05-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean you "cleaned the pee off?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go out on a limb and say it means he cleaned the bag itself off, probably with a hard rinse of hot water, possibly (hopefully) with a little lathered up hand soap as well.

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure most chip bags are airtight. When you squeeze them, they hold the air in, inless the've been ripped.

I always squeeze the bag to make sure it's still airtight, b/c mice like to nibble on chip bags.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? If chips get stale faster, people will either consume them faster and buy more or throw them out and buy more. They don't care which.

StevieG
10-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I can't decide if you suck more at holding things, pissing, or planning your lunch. Maybe jakethebake will start a poll.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure most chip bags are airtight. When you squeeze them, they hold the air in, inless the've been ripped.

I always squeeze the bag to make sure it's still airtight, b/c mice like to nibble on chip bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not. They seem to be because the holes are so small. They're actually porous. I used to follow some of the companies that manufacture the packaging for the chip companies.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
im having a hard time stifling my laughter in the library. i like this thread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edit-i think somehow being in the library makes the urge to laugh at stuff on 2+2 multiply exponentially.

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this confuses me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? If chips get stale faster, people will either consume them faster and buy more or throw them out and buy more. They don't care which.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the bags are airtight... if you squeeze them nothing comes out. as for your post, im not too convinced that it is a common occurance.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe jakethebake will start a poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I do it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dtbog
10-05-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but the bags are airtight... if you squeeze them nothing comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think jake is saying that the air comes out very slowly, so you wouldn't notice it unless you squeezed the bag for an hour or so.

Voltron87
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not. They seem to be because the holes are so small. They're actually porous. I used to follow some of the companies that manufacture the packaging for the chip companies.

[/ QUOTE ]

so air can come in, but not out?

lem45216
Oh hang on, i've been confused. I thought you meant this chips

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/lozthefunkybassist/chips_UK10735.jpg

But in actual fact you meant crisps. Which usually are in water tight bags. And so actually i'd say it is safe to eat them, but wash the bag first because of pee residue on the bag > fingers > crisps > mouth

Voltron87
10-05-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but the bags are airtight... if you squeeze them nothing comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think jake is saying that the air comes out very slowly, so you wouldn't notice it unless you squeezed the bag for an hour or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes a little more sense.

imported_The Vibesman
10-05-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not. They seem to be because the holes are so small. They're actually porous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like condoms.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I didn't like it when I started it because it proved that I'm as much of a moron as generally consider myself, but now I like it because I'm amazed that so far its been 50-50ish.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but wash the bag first

[/ QUOTE ]

what a great idea. friggin limeys

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The holes are just so small that you'd need to squeeze them for more than just a couple of seconds to notice the leakage.

B Dids
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't, simply because even though I'm sure they're totally fine, I couldn't get over the fact that I'd pissed on them and wouldn't enjoy them in the least.

Don't ever piss with food in your hands.

sexdrugsmoney
10-05-2005, 03:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I was just using a urinal and I had my lunch in my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you know how gross is this right?

Hamish McBagpipe
10-05-2005, 03:19 PM
In some other thread I described how I saw a tow truck driver eat a sandwich from the lunch bag of a man who had just been killed, had his arm ripped off, and blood everywhere in a car accident. Sure, the actual PBJ sandwich was wrapped but everything was covered in gore. At some point you have to say it's garbage. Urine qualifies.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like I was balancing a sandwich on my dick. But no, I don't make it a habit.

samjjones
10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Yes. I am not touching ANYTHING that goes in the urinal.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So for whatever reason, you drop a $100 bill. You just give up on it?

sexdrugsmoney
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like I was balancing a sandwich on my dick. But no, I don't make it a habit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even like breathing the air of a public toilet, and I won't take food or drink even in my own bathroom, let alone to a public toilet.

food + public toilets = Yuck.

As you can see the issue of whether urine actually touched the food or not is moot, it was uneatable by default once it passed through the door.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 05:00 PM
I ate them. They were fu.cking excellent.

dtbog
10-05-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you enjoy them? did you think about urine the whole time?

samjjones
10-05-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So for whatever reason, you drop a $100 bill. You just give up on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because the average $100 bill is equally as disgusting as the urinal.

sexdrugsmoney
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I ate them. They were fu.cking excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dirty little bastard. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CORed
10-05-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But in actual fact you meant crisps. Which usually are in water tight bags. And so actually i'd say it is safe to eat them, but wash the bag first because of pee residue on the bag &gt; fingers &gt; crisps &gt; mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

This yet another piece of evidence that the US and UK do not actually speak the same language. In the U.S., the food items in your picture are known nas "French fries" (the effort to rename them "freedom fries" after the French veto of our venture in Iraq appears to have failed). What you call "crisps", we call "potato chips", or just plain "chips".

A few more English to American translations.

flat = apartment.
lift = elevator.
knickers = panties.
football = soccer.
American football(?) = football.

There are many more, but I can't think of them now.

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you take your lunch into the bathroom. Obviously, the bag of chips should have been thrown away.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Not so obvious boss. you see the results of the poll? It's been split down the middle from the start.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I ate them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you enjoy them? did you think about urine the whole time?

[/ QUOTE ]

By chip #2, I had all but forgotten. Until I got to the end and went to do the normal grab-the-bag-and-tilt-to-the-sky (for crumb purposes of course). I couldn't really bring myself to wrap my hands around the bag and stick it in my face. I think I made the right choice.

-JOTR

jstnrgrs
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The holes are just so small that you'd need to squeeze them for more than just a couple of seconds to notice the leakage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why is it that when you open a bag of chips at 8000ft, it expoldes?

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why is it that when you open a bag of chips at 8000ft, it expoldes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks Jake may be blowing some urban myth out of proportion. I don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised if there aren't at least some bags that are legitimately airtight. I hope mine was.

jstnrgrs
10-05-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But in actual fact you meant crisps. Which usually are in water tight bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, we Americans are so silly because we aren't just like you.

JihadOnTheRiver
10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But in actual fact you meant crisps. Which usually are in water tight bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, we Americans are so silly because we aren't just like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah like when I say "teeth" and mean:
http://www.beverlyhillsdentalgroup.com/Images/Bleaching_1_After.jpg
But they think:
http://www.cosmeticdentistfinder.com/pages/services/assets/crooked_ortho_before.jpg

Ulysses
10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not so obvious boss. you see the results of the poll? It's been split down the middle from the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly response.

Half the posts in this forum are about things that are obvious but somehow people don't know what to do.

[censored]
10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
You already proved that you are gross when you took your lunch to bathroom with you like some teenage girl with her friends. Eating them seems out of the question but I'm not gross.