PDA

View Full Version : PL Bankroll question

kitaristi0
10-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I know for Limit O8 an average/good player only needs about half of the bankroll to play O8 compared to Hold'em.

What about PLO8? For SSNLPL 20-30 buy-ins is usually recommended. Will half of that suffice for PLO8, or should you still keep 20-30 buy-ins in your bankroll?

Wintermute
10-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I think 20-30 is a good number. 20 is probably safe, but if you hit a 1-in-50 downswing, you might go broke. Also, this depends on your std. dev. of win rate, and susceptibility to tilt.

Personally I keep my online bankroll a little short so that if I do have a disaster-level tilt attack I can't lose more than ~5 buyins at the highest level I play. But I keep 30 buyins set aside elsewhere if I'm going to play that game at all.

Mendacious
10-05-2005, 03:38 PM
What do you consider to be online vs set aside somewhere?

For onsite do you mean on the actual pokersite, or does that include Neteller?

Likewise, for "set aside", is Neteller considered set aside, or do you mean someplace that you can't simply push a couple of buttons and have the money materialize at Party Poker?

Perhaps at the limits you play having the money offsite is an actual barrier if there are deposit limits, but at the $200 level on down, having the money in neteller is no barrier whatsoever, nor is any bank account that is electronically accessible once you have set up IGMPAY or EPASS

Wintermute
10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Poker --> Neteller --> Checking --> Savings

Massive bulk of BR stays in savings, to accrue interest in addition to tilt protection. It takes days to wire a damaging amount back to the poker site from that far.

Mendacious
10-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I really need to set up an ING or Emigrant account as soon as I get my bankroll adjusted to the $200 tables.

Wintermute
10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Emigrant > ING. 4%, baby.

Mendacious
10-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I've gotten a lot of good practical
information out of thei Internet section of this forum.