PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Number - what's my play?

10-05-2005, 01:46 PM
My phone number is one digit off from Pablo's phone number. I routinely get calls meant for Pablo. I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day. I also know Pablo's number, due to a large number of typical "wrong number" conversations. Ideally, Pablo will change his number.

What's my play?

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My phone number is one digit off from Pablo's phone number. I routinely get calls meant for Pablo. I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day. I also know Pablo's number, due to a large number of typical "wrong number" conversations. Ideally, Pablo will change his number.

What's my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use your caller ID and screw with them every time they call for Pablo until they stop.

dtbog
10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've stored the numbers of the two most frequent culprits, in case I feel like being an ass one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

How frequently can someone call the wrong phone number?

These must be real geniuses... once is very understandable, and twice is just forgetful, but more than three times?

Do they not write down his real number when they get in touch with him?

10-05-2005, 01:50 PM
The difference is between a 7 and a 4. Pablo's friends must have fat fingers.

"screw with them every time " .... suggestions please

2planka
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
"Hello, INS...."

steelcmg
10-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Tell them Pablo has died.

NutCrackerr
10-05-2005, 02:12 PM
My home phone number is 1 digit off from one of the local bakery's. I get calls for them all the time. I got tired of telling people they got the wrong number, so now when they ask "Is the the Bakery?", I reply "Yes it is, how may I help you?" and then take their order.

steelcmg
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My home phone number is 1 digit off from one of the local bakery's. I get calls for them all the time. I got tired of telling people they got the wrong number, so now when they ask "Is the the Bakery?", I reply "Yes it is, how may I help you?" and then take their order.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA i bet u get some people really pist off when they goto the bakery and they dont get there goods

TheCroShow
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
"pablo got deported, goodbye"

oddjob
10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
one of my phone numbers in college was 1 off from a tanning salon. i booked many appointments for stupid girls wanting to destroy their skin.

kurosh
10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
My number is one off the local animal shelter. I get calls at all hours of the day, especially in the morning, and it drives me crazy.

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 02:28 PM
This dude named hector had my number with a different area code. I told them to Go [censored] Themselves everytime someone called for him. Eventually I was getting over 15 calls a day for him, and I just changed my number.

steelcmg
10-05-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This dude named hector had my number with a different area code. I told them to Go [censored] Themselves everytime someone called for him. Eventually I was getting over 15 calls a day for him, and I just changed my number.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet u he was a drug dealer.

Autocratic
10-05-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet u he was a drug dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very possible. My friend has a drug dealer's previous number. People have told her "Stan was a very important guy" and things of that nature, and she showed me a voicemail that used the term "quap," as in a quarter pound.

10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
My goal is to have Pablo change his number. Don't forget that I also have his number as a resource.

10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I frequently get calls for a 'Barb'. I don't have many details about her, but chances are good she's a middle aged housewife.

Starting tomorrow, whenever I get one of those calls I'm going to be Pablo, her yard guy, and Barb is always going to be in the shower getting cleaned up.

I hope the callers ask for more details.

tonypaladino
10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I frequently get calls for a 'Barb'. I don't have many details about her, but chances are good she's a middle aged housewife.

Starting tomorrow, whenever I get one of those calls I'm going to be Pablo, her yard guy, and Barb is always going to be in the shower getting cleaned up.

I hope the callers ask for more details.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good idea.

10-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Okay, I'll be Barb.