PDA

View Full Version : Short / Semi-Short Poker Tracker stats?

Lash
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Any input on the following would be greatly appreciated…

1) Do you feel that VP$IP/PFR and AF-TOT are the most effective combo to quickly/generally size up opponents?

2) In addition to, or in place of the above stats… What stats do you export to your player note file and why?
For example: I added ASB to mine because it seems that it’s a common leak in the semi-short / short games I tend to play in.

3) Is there a maximum size to each individual player note (Party)? My notes start getting cut off if I try to exceed 2 or 3 lines of text on one player. Is there a way to fix / change this restriction?

4) Any other advice (in regards to opponent notes) for someone new to Poker Tracker?

Thanks in advance

Lost Wages
10-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Exporting stats to the note file is so last year. Use a Heads-up Display (http://www.pokeracesoftware.com/hud/). Save your notes file for well, notes.

Lost Wages

pshabi
10-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Doesn't directly answer your questions but it may be useful.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2913856&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

Lash
10-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Wow, that thread has some great information. Thanks for the link... Looks like a great place to get started.

BTW, are heads up displays in violation of any Party Poker rule/agreement?

10-05-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) Do you feel that VP$IP/PFR and AF-TOT are the most effective combo to quickly/generally size up opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer AF by street. Also, make sure you display hands played.

[ QUOTE ]
2) In addition to, or in place of the above stats… What stats do you export to your player note file and why?
For example: I added ASB to mine because it seems that it’s a common leak in the semi-short / short games I tend to play in.

[/ QUOTE ]

ASB is good. Fold SB/BB is also good. My stats are VPIP, PFR, Hands Played, AF-Flop, AF-Turn, AF-River, ASB, SB fold, BB fold. I dont use WSD% like a lot of people.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Is there a maximum size to each individual player note (Party)? My notes start getting cut off if I try to exceed 2 or 3 lines of text on one player. Is there a way to fix / change this restriction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take better notes. Stop writing essays and use abbreviations. Dont use adjectives, instead, describe the play itself: CDWAPOB/pp ("calls down with any part of board or pocket pair") is better than "calling station/passive".

[ QUOTE ]
4) Any other advice (in regards to opponent notes) for someone new to Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note the limit you are playing, and delete old notes from lower limits. All my notes begin with the annotation: 5/10SH -- ....