PDA

View Full Version : empirepoker stuff

Hung
05-21-2003, 05:06 AM
I got $80 from empirepoker to play. Don't ask me how I got it. It's complicated and long to explain. It was some kind of bonus.
Anyway, I wanted to deposit $100 on party for their 50% bonus. But then I saw some posts about their software. So I didn't deposit. Now I don't have the time to play on so many sites. I still have to earn 150 ffp on stars. I got this $80 from empire and yesterday I won $200. So now I'm up to $280. All free money. Life is great, there must be a God. Party and empire are the same and now I know what they mean with bad software. You can see 20 players waiting at an empty table. Most of the tables are full and you've a lot of players waiting. but most of the time there's nobody waiting. The tables break up way too fast. Players come and go. They don't have small games. So everyone has to play at least the $25 buy-in NL HE. Players are incredible loose. I got four of a kind on the flop and 2 players kept betting and raising into me. One was drawing to a flush and the other one was bluffing. Nice pot for me. I mucked QQ when 8 players went all in preflop. I hit nut fullhouse with my QQ and it was 4 way. Huge pot again. No fancy play. I just called their all-in.
I also tried a limit game. $1-$2 They never fold the last bet. At UB, you can try to bluff on the river or turn. But at empire I have never seen them fold on the river. They always call. The games are totally different. For those that want to play at empire, never bluff. Because it wont work.

dux
05-21-2003, 05:23 AM
I wouldn't waste too much time at $1-$2 on Empire Poker hung, it is tight compared to most others. The $25 NL however is amazingly juicy as you have noticed. So often I see people chase gutshots for potsized bets, and take pocket pairs to the river no matter what flops. The $25 max buy in is keeping them in the game I think.

Hope to see you at the tables some time.

Legend27
05-21-2003, 06:16 AM
I don't see why people have complained about party/empire's software, I've played there 4 months now and I've tried a bunch of the sites and I still like party/empire the best. All you have to do to refresh the table stats is click on a window in party/empire and go back to your current one.

RollaJ
05-21-2003, 10:17 AM
I have a feeling that anyone who lays down on the river for one bet at a 1-2 game is holding either a
1: busted draw or
2:bottom pair no kicker and was fishing to hit a second pair
3: board had 4 to a flush or str8

very rarely do people lay down anything better.

Homer
05-21-2003, 11:12 AM
My favorite is when 1 (busted draw) turns into 2 (bottom pair no kicker) and they call your bet anyway.

For example, the board comes A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif and you opponent calls you down with 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif despite the fact that you raised preflop and have been pounding the whole way.

BTW, this takes place at Party/Empire 5/10 just as much (okay not as much, but surprisingly often) as at 2/4 and 1/2.

-- Homer

Hung
05-22-2003, 04:38 AM
I'm not really complaining.
I just don't unstand why there's such a big difference between all the sites. The only explanation I can give is that empire does not have micro games. And people go crazy on the smallest game, which is $25 buy-in NL HE. Yesterday I spotted a complete insane player. He went all-in every 2-3 hands. Most of the time with two big cards. People just waited when they had a hand and called. He lost 4 times his all-in ($25). And I was one of the lucky ones. I had KK. Complety insane.

The $1-$2 limit games are not tight at all. I'm starting to like these limit games. They're funny. Pots are bigger and people call more.

maplepig
05-22-2003, 05:57 AM
there are many people who don't have a clue about NL. I have seen enough people who can only press two buttons, fold or allin.

lefty rosen
05-22-2003, 03:36 PM
The funniest call I have ever seen was a clown who called a turn raise against either a face or a bullet for the four card flush and he only had the 2 to back him up, of course the flush hits and he doesn't have the balls to bet?? and he took down a 40 buck pot at party 2/4.........