PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Beast

02-12-2002, 07:43 PM
It's probably kind of a hard movie to find, maybe now that Ben Kingsley's been nominated for an Oscar it will resurface, but if you have a chance, see Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast.

It's one of the greatest performances I've ever seen. The cockney accents are impossible to understand the first half hour of the movie, but then Kingsley explodes onto the screen, the meanest, orneriest, ugliest, vilest, most vicious human being you've ever seen. The anti-Ghandi.

I thought the movie was great fun too, but Kingsley's performance is worth the price of admission and more. Don't miss it if you get the chance.

02-13-2002, 05:16 AM
I got a kick out of Bulworth. Beatty's acting didn't do anything for me, but the premise was hilarious. It seems very appropriate for these times we're in now, with ENRON and all.

02-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Great flick! But you're right...I didn't have a clue what they were saying for the first 30 minutes or so.

02-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Yeah, it could have used subtitles even though they were speaking English. I think I saw this once (perhaps Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?) where they subtitled English speakers, realizing their accents would be hard to understand.

My favorite scene in Sexy Beast was when Kingsley decides to smoke on the airplane and the subsequent interview by the aviation official.

02-16-2002, 03:39 PM