PDA

View Full Version : About Party and Skins Rakeback?

12AX7
10-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
I was under the impression Party Poker prohibits rake backs? Is that correct?

But... it's OK for the Skins? Is that also correct?

If so, do the Skins provide the rakeback deal, and is it directly placed in my account, or is an affiliate deal required? Or can the whole affiliate thing be bypassed and can one "go direct" so to speak?

If an affiliate is required, any thoughts on the best one to select?

(Wouldn't this all be easier if they just flat out reduced rakes. Geez, talk about convoluted.)

Photoc
10-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Go to the classifieds and do the research. Currently % discussions are not allowed. Rakeback is allowed on all skins but you have to go through a rakeback company.

SinCityGuy
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback is allowed on all skins

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't.

From Empire Poker's affiliate agreement:
[ QUOTE ]

You shall not and shall not authorise, assist or encourage any third party to:

3.2.9 offer any so-called "rake-back" schemes or similar which offers or allows a proportion of the player's rake to be returned to the player in any form;

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, the rakeback companies are openly providing rakeback on Empire (just like they used to do on Party), but it is a violation of their agreement.

10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Enjoy the rake and don't worry about the affiliate agreement you see posted on here that someone took off a website. Maybe some of the affiliates have agreements from early on where they are allowed to offer it. Point being no one here knows what kind of agreements the affiliates have, so jump on board and get your share back.

SinCityGuy
10-05-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy the rake and don't worry about the affiliate agreement you see posted on here that someone took off a website.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, that's hardly "a website". That's the official affiliate agreement from empirepoker.com.

The reason that I posted that is because Party Poker did the same thing. That clause was in their agreement, and they went after the rakeback websites, shutting down rakeback on Party. It remains to be seen if Empire will follow suit.

10-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Like I said, just because the website says that has nothing to do with what agreements some affiliates may have with Empire. Party doesn't want their skins offering rake because then they sign on through the skin. Do you honestly think all affiliates have the same agreement? Party build a nice business by allowing it for a while and then pulled the rug out. Empire has a long way to go. Check out the MTT's on either site.

Sniper
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, that's hardly "a website". That's the official affiliate agreement from empirepoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sin, you can't always believe what you read!

Empire is well aware of what their affiliates are doing, and you should be assured that any reputable affiliate is doing it with Empire's blessing!