PDA

View Full Version : 3,000 and Growing

Mason Malmuth
05-21-2003, 04:12 AM
Hi Everyone:

I just noticed that the number of registered participants here at Two Plus Two is now over 3,000. That's just terrific for a site like ours and we continue to add people every day.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and best wishes,
Mason

Rick Nebiolo
05-21-2003, 04:39 AM
Mason,

Congratulations! The only problem is that there are so many forums and good threads I can't keep up and it's driving me insane.

~ Rick

scalf
05-21-2003, 06:42 AM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif rick...

you really do not have to read every message...and go back and review earlier messages and threads that are relevant...every day, but if you do not; then your competitors may gain a huge edge on you....lol...jmho...gl /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Thor
05-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Nice. Dont you celebrate it with a 25% bonus offer?
Oh, I must be at another place......
The Ultimate Bonuswhore /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Easy E
05-21-2003, 08:23 AM
You KNOW you came in with the problems beforehand, back when there was only one.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-21-2003, 08:46 AM
That's terrific, Mason. Thanks for the update. LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

sierra 1
05-21-2003, 12:44 PM
I don't understand much about the internet.What do you mean when you say that 3,000 is good :for a sitelike ours".Can you put it in card room terms? Would it be like 3K players supporting a 10 table card room? Mason,Rick?
Whatever,I know that 2+2 has been the best thing that has happend to poker in a long time.

Softrock
05-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Mason - it's probably primarily coincidence that I've been "running good" since I started with this forum on a regular basis. However, I have learned alot. Unlike some of the other poker forums I can be criticized here in a manner that is useful and constructive and don't fear being flamed for asking what may seem to some to be a stupid question. Hey, people who never ask the stupid questions never learn and just remain silently stupid, right?

baggins
05-22-2003, 06:51 AM
very cool. i wonder how many posters like myself that there are. i used to post on here all the time. this is the first time i've checked here in months. i haven't really been playing much lately. no job right now. and i've been thinking about quitting. the girls i always fall in love with hate poker (they call it gambling. and they'll never really understand otherwise) and the current girl really rings my bell. i would quit in a heartbeat if she asked me to. and i've been thinking i might anyway, just to be safe.

anyway, i haven't quit yet, so i will be checking back in here off and on. greetings to those of you who still remember me...

Rick Nebiolo
05-23-2003, 04:13 AM
yeah, i remember you. weren't you bilbo's last name? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

~ rick

AceHigh
05-26-2003, 02:13 AM
That's great, you run an excellent site.

Do you keep track of unique users, by say... month? It would be interesting to see how much that is growing.

PS. I saw you and David at the Bellagio Thursday (I think, memory is a little blurry), wanted to say how much I like 2+2 web site, but didn't get the chance. Maybe I'll get a chance to talk to you next time I'm in Vegas.

scalf
05-26-2003, 07:29 AM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif baggins,

good to hear from you...

seen spm???

remember..a babe is just a babe,
but a poker game is a dam good card game...

jmho...

you can check out,
but you can never leave....

lol..jmho..gl /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

baggins
05-26-2003, 07:57 AM
Hey Scalf,

Yeah, its true what you say. However, I have always been quite unlucky with the whole romance thing. it's just never worked for me, probably because i'm the sweetheart that the ladies don't want. they say they do, but we all know they love the A$$holes.

anyway, i've decided i'm going to finally use a few moves from the felt here (not literally, but the analogy fits). i've got a few outs yet, so we'll see.

basically, i've been expected to initiate a chop but i've been folding my blinds forever. i think this hand will go something like this, however: me - BB her - SB. cards are irrelevant.

she limps. we see the flop. she checks, i don't like the flop too much and would fold to a bet, but she's been *asking* for me to bet here and take the lead, so i do.
she might call and fold on the turn, or she might even lay it down right here. if she sees the river, i might check on the end for spite, but i doubt it'll get that far.

anyway, im babbling. i haven't quit for good yet. but i have come to the realization that i don't have the patience or the drive to master anything but the Lower Limits. i've got too much else in my life going on. but i will still hit the tables every once in a while, depending. home games are more excusable, too.

by the way, when my band decides on a name and gets some gigs, you all should check us out. we up the ante, so to speak. when people ask us what kind of music it is, i like saying 'its kind of Stoner Mathrock'! ha! but really i'd describe us as if Fugazi, Black Sabbath, The White Stripes, and Godspeed You Black Emperor! made each other mix tapes, and they all ended up being copies of our album (forthcoming).