PDA

View Full Version : SNGs AM or PM?

10-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Being the lazy sloth poker pro that I am, I sleep till noon which thurns into 1,2,3,4PM 5,6,7PM and within weeks I am playing in the AM which SUCKS the players in the AM seem way better. Is this just my imagination? Bubble play can go on and on and ON AND ON!!!! It seemed when I played from 5PM to 9PM you would see ALL IN CALL OVER call with A 10 being the best hand on the bubble. Someone tell me I'm right please. I'd hate to think I just suck now. My ROI has near flatlined.

Nick B.
10-05-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being the lazy sloth poker pro that I am, I sleep till noon which thurns into 1,2,3,4PM 5,6,7PM and within weeks I am playing in the AM which SUCKS the players in the AM seem way better. Is this just my imagination? Bubble play can go on and on and ON AND ON!!!! It seemed when I played from 5PM to 9PM you would see ALL IN CALL OVER call with A 10 being the best hand on the bubble. Someone tell me I'm right please. I'd hate to think I just suck now. My ROI has near flatlined.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just tighter, not better.

10-05-2005, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So how do you exploit these 5$ AM SNGs.

Exitonly
10-05-2005, 07:39 AM
limit games get waaaaaaaaay weaker in the AM (EST) hours, i'd assume same goes for SnG's.... if the bubble goes on and on and on, sounds like theres lots of weak play and blinds to be stolen. Maybe not.

Nick B.
10-05-2005, 07:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By not playing the "2+2" way and playing a lot of hands early building a stack and running over the nits. I use pokertracker to track my results, so I don't know for sure, but I would bet that my ROI from 4am-11am is much higher than my other times at the $215's.

10-05-2005, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
limit games get waaaaaaaaay weaker in the AM (EST) hours, i'd assume same goes for SnG's.... if the bubble goes on and on and on, sounds like theres lots of weak play and blinds to be stolen. Maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is EXACTLY what my line of thought is, untill I start having my stuff called all in with Q J. It's like they are playing perfect against me. Discouraging stuff. Might also be variance that seems like good play on their part, either way I got "that feeling" like I can't do anything right. This sucks. I keep trying to convince myself to shut up and play 1000 of em but I am really pulling off the throttle from these guys.
Such a weak post from me!!

johnnybeef
10-05-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you making a living playing $5 sngs?

bones
10-05-2005, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got a good rakeback deal.

10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have inexpensive bills

Isura
10-05-2005, 09:33 AM
I can't imagine $5 sngs being tight ever.

10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine $5 sngs being tight ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to doyles room at 3 AM