PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Oklahoma

wonderwes
10-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Ok, its the week Texas fans have looked at for the past 5 years of OU's winning streak. It started in 2000 when they made their championship run. The odds, lineups, and skill of players would say Texas would win, so I will take them for the win. However Bob Stoops knows his defense, and really has a way of always out coaching Mack Brown.

Should be an interesting game. Any ticket in the stadium is around $150+. Oh yeah, the Cotton Bowl is now a horrid dump and just a crappy stadium. Wayyyyy outdated.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 08:25 AM
If Texas doesn't win this year, Mack Brown SSCKH.

Aces McGee
10-05-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Texas doesn't win this year, Mack Brown SSCKH.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Texas doesn't win this year, I'm sure Mack will have plenty of people willing to do it for him.

-McGee

Reqtech
10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
As a Hokie fan I'm definitly rooting for the Sooners, but I can't see how they can win without a total Longhorn meltdown.

DontRaisePlz
10-05-2005, 12:09 PM
This game looks like one of those revenge rivalry games where the better team just wipes out the inferior team by multiple touchdowns to make up for the losing streak.

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This game looks like one of those revenge rivalry games where the better team just wipes out the inferior team by multiple touchdowns to make up for the losing streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Colonel Kataffy
10-05-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As a Hokie fan I'm definitly rooting for the Sooners, but I can't see how they can win another game this year

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

jakethebake
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~organism/random-stuff/images/tims/horny/horny.gif

kyro
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Are you saying Texas is just a big uterus? Neat.

tdarko
10-05-2005, 03:24 PM
were you there last year, if so do you remember the halftime contest? i hope its half as good as last year's /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vince Young
10-05-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko
10-05-2005, 05:44 PM
i don't see this.

yes, i think texas is going to win the game but not by the 13 1/2 that they are getting and not by the blowout everyone is thinking.

if you think about it the only team that has given UT any trouble has been ohio state and this is b/c if you have athletic/fast linebackers to act as spy's then you can shut down the option left/option right that they are going to run every play. middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball (which we all know vince can't throw) and turnovers. so i think if OU can protect the ball it will be close for 3 quarters but then the more talented, athletic, and experienced team will pull away in the 4th.

i just don't see how this game is going to be a wash. maybe i am just hoping this since i will be on the 50 4th row. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vince Young
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
You can't really compare OU's linebackers to Ohio State's. They're fast, but are not nearly the tacklers that Hawk, Carpenter, and Schlegel are. Vince does throw a good deep ball, it's the short/medium passes through the middle that he sucks at. He can certainly throw it better than anyone OU has faced so far.

You're right, if OU can protect the ball it should be close for most of the game. That's a huge if, though. I say Texas by 28.

tdarko
10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
are you going to be there?

Vince Young
10-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Not this year. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tdarko
10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
bummer, you are going to be missing those great corndogs /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SinCityGuy
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Nordgren is going to start? I've got to get down on OU +14 before the line drops!

Vince Young
10-05-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Nordgren is going to start? I've got to get down on OU +14 before the line drops!

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but he'll probably be in midway through the 3rd, and not because Vince is injured. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wonderwes
10-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Also the offensive coordinator for Texas is horrid. Now we have stars on offensive (V. Young, great offensive lines, 3 premiere RB's that can also catch decent passes). Our play calling is really bland. I mean really. Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC. Our overall play calling is pretty predictable. You almost know for certain by our formation if we will pass/run. Very little play action, very little screens. Not much variety.

V. Young has a good arm, but its not perfect. Some of the passes made, certainly in the Ohio St. game, were made by freak catches of our young receievers just grabbing balls by their fingertips and somehow being able to pull them down.

You have probably heard plenty on V. Young from the college football hype machine, but this kid is just too big to be a QB. 6'5", 230+ lbs, and when the kid gets in the open field, he runs like a horse. His legs are so tall his running stance makes it near impossible for someone to chase him down.

If Texas builds a lead but OU is still within reach, Texas will try to run the ball through the entire 2nd half for clock management.

I say TX wins by 10.

tdarko
10-07-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also the offensive coordinator for Texas is horrid. Now we have stars on offensive (V. Young, great offensive lines, 3 premiere RB's that can also catch decent passes). Our play calling is really bland. I mean really. Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC. Our overall play calling is pretty predictable. You almost know for certain by our formation if we will pass/run. Very little play action, very little screens. Not much variety.

V. Young has a good arm, but its not perfect. Some of the passes made, certainly in the Ohio St. game, were made by freak catches of our young receievers just grabbing balls by their fingertips and somehow being able to pull them down.

You have probably heard plenty on V. Young from the college football hype machine, but this kid is just too big to be a QB. 6'5", 230+ lbs, and when the kid gets in the open field, he runs like a horse. His legs are so tall his running stance makes it near impossible for someone to chase him down.

If Texas builds a lead but OU is still within reach, Texas will try to run the ball through the entire 2nd half for clock management.

I say TX wins by 10.

[/ QUOTE ]
i say this is close to perfect.

then again you never know, OU could show up and completely fold. i just don't see option left option right blwing OU out by 28.

SinCityGuy
10-07-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU linebacker Teddy Lehman scored more career TD's in the RRS than Texas receiver Roy Williams did. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Frills
10-07-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

if you think about it the only team that has given UT any trouble has been ohio state and this is b/c if you have athletic/fast linebackers to act as spy's then you can shut down the option left/option right that they are going to run every play. middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball (which we all know vince can't throw) and turnovers. so i think if OU can protect the ball it will be close for 3 quarters but then the more talented, athletic, and experienced team will pull away in the 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU's linebackers may not tackle but they have shown the ability to knock people out cold. If Vince turns a corner and meets Alexander...hope UT has a servicable replacement.

crosse91
10-07-2005, 03:06 PM
blah blah blah......

Vince Young
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Peterson re-injured his ankle in practice today and is OUT according to Sooner Fans.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Past several years vs. OU when we had the great WR Roy Williams, we did nothing put quick 5 yard slant passes, where OU's Secondary and LB would swarm around, and our guy wouldn't make many YAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU linebacker Teddy Lehman scored more career TD's in the RRS than Texas receiver Roy Williams did. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Touchdowns: A meaningless statistic.

SammyKid11
10-08-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
middle of the field and up front hasn't been where OU has had their problems, they have been beaten by the deep ball

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I am only one of the biggest TCU fans on the planet, but if I'm wrong then refresh my memory...exactly what deep ball did TCU throw to beat OU? In fact, based on my recollection, TCU beat OU by running quick hitter, middle-of-the field throws, by running swing/screen passes, by running a certain amount of good options, and by exploiting their ludicrous weakness at QB. I can't see where OU can do ANYTHING about those problems.

I HOPE OU wins because it would lend more credibility to TCU's beating of OU. But I BELIEVE that Texas will thoroughly crush them.

SinCityGuy
10-08-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but he'll probably be in midway through the 3rd, and not because Vince is injured. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past two Red River Shootouts, Texas has scored a combined total of 13 points. I would be more concerned if I could actually score in this game before I started talking about blowing somebody out.

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Are you saying that there's a better chance of Texas being shut out than blowing out OU?

SinCityGuy
10-08-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that there's a better chance of Texas being shut out than blowing out OU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

jdd12
10-08-2005, 01:15 PM
ABC just lost it's visual feed!

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ABC just lost it's visual feed!

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] gay ass [censored].

jdd12
10-08-2005, 01:18 PM
You have got to be kidding, I'd rather listen to the audio coverage than watch Michigan.

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 01:19 PM
TD TEXAS!!!!!

ucfryan
10-08-2005, 01:19 PM
TOUCHDOWN TEXAS

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi, Vince. I'd just like to say that you're sicker than a plague ward.

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 01:51 PM
"I'll make Texas fans forget about Adrian Peterson." - Jamaal Charles

tdarko
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
vince,

helluva run, looking decent so far.

EDIT: sadly i gave my tickets away, i have a wedding i have to attend later /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tdarko
10-08-2005, 02:10 PM
i never said TCU won by the deep ball, if you read my post i said OU's problems have been turnovers and their week secondary and thats the truth.

they lost the UCLA game b/c they couldn't stop a 15+ yrd pass and couldn't hold on to the football (5 turnovers from the QB). they lost the TCU game b/c of the uncertainty at the QB position being the first game of the year and their slotted starter that had been groomed behind white for the last two years transferred (he is a stud, too bad he couldn't get along with anyone). if you think TCU beats OU right now you need to be locked up in a mental ward.

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 02:29 PM
bullshit. that was an interception.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 02:29 PM
taking back that interception was so weak.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
haha i just made a post about it.

then vince makes a beautiful pass right after it /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

that call is a differecnt maker. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

tdarko
10-08-2005, 02:33 PM
i don't know if your watching the game right now but i have heard this comment more than once, "you are really getting to see the strength of OU's linebacker's today."

obviously not ohio state's all american's but they defenitaley sworm and hit hard.

flatline
10-08-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
taking back that interception was so weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate the phantom PI call for game changing play.

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 02:48 PM
gg

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Someone should start the Texas/USC Rose Bowl thread now.

TheRover
10-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Cover pls thx.

jakethebake
10-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Miami is a [censored] armpit!!! I have temple-maryland! kansas-kansas st. on TWO channels! Air Farce-navy! But no UT-OU? WTF???? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Ouch.
http://espn-att.starwave.com/tvlistings/map/ncf/051008.gif

pokerdirty
10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
heh, check out the nyc area /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jakethebake
10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks for nothing, Vince. If I'd seen that yesterday, I would've driven up to W. Palm and found a sports bar to wztch in up there.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gg

[/ QUOTE ]

i wonder if they will know what to do when the game is over considering its been so long since they have beaten OU /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wonderwes
10-08-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: sadly i gave my tickets away, i have a wedding i have to attend later /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I would have paid for those.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, I would have paid for those.

[/ QUOTE ]
i wish i could have sold them.

my gf's father was a big time high school football coach (he retired last year, won two 5A state championships), and he has a few players on the OU team, 1 that starts at LB so he gets tickets to any game he wants. this is why i have been able to go to the red river shootout every year b/c he has a good recruiting relationship with coach stoops and coach venebel (sp?).

anyway, you see i couldn't sell the tickets. man i wish i was there i miss those corndogs! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RunDownHouse
10-08-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Miami is a [censored] armpit!!! I have temple-maryland! kansas-kansas st. on TWO channels! Air Farce-navy! But no UT-OU? WTF???? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This KU/KSU game is one of the absolute ugliest I've ever seen. I'm cringing on almost every play.

ucfryan
10-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Why would anyone want to watch a game other than OU UT?

lighterjobs
10-08-2005, 04:15 PM
i went from watching the ou/tx game to watching cereal: history in a bowl on the history channel.

jakethebake
10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
This was already a pretty good day. Now it's a great one!

edit: Oh crap I'm a happy man right now! What a beautiful day! I may not even send any more e-mails calling for Mack Browns head for awhile.

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif this day!

10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i went from watching the ou/tx game to watching cereal: history in a bowl on the history channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think I'll go mow the lawn now it will be more interesting than this game.

imported_anacardo
10-08-2005, 04:29 PM
ROD IS GOD

I love defensive linemen scoring TDs.

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 04:30 PM
OU's offense and Texas's defense are deadlocked at 6!

tdarko
10-08-2005, 04:31 PM
when they say, "he was trucking!" i think this is what they mean. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
10-08-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OU's offense and Texas's defense are deadlocked at 6!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: although technically are field goals scored by the offense or special teams? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Vince Young
10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Probably offense, but their offense did next to nothing on the two "drives" that ended in field goals, so they get no credit. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Its all over but the crying now......

SinCityGuy
10-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I was wrong, Vince. Ouch. That one's gonna leave a mark.

http://www.fof-ihof.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_bowdown.gif

TomCollins
10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone want to watch a game other than OU UT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we'd rather watch 2 football teams play a game, not 1.

tdarko
10-08-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we'd rather watch 2 football teams play a game, not 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have been waiting 6 years to say this haven't you?

wonderwes
10-09-2005, 04:35 AM
OU with no A. Peterson, has well, nothing. That was a stomping. Now its just about that time for BCS never dying arguements from now till end of the season.

jakethebake
10-09-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now its just about that time for BCS never dying arguements from now till end of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. UT will blow a game to someone ridiculous like Baylor or A&M. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Frills
10-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Props to Bomar for not leaving dallas in a body bag

he's one tough SOB