PDA

View Full Version : Weird Situation....is this play really good or really bad

10-05-2005, 03:29 AM
First off the reason I limped intially is because I dont usually like Raising with this many callers and I usually do the same with a hand like JJ from the sb.

Seat 1: TheJProbst ( $78.30 )
Seat 3: tightrob ( $60.22 )
Seat 4: PezGUNIT ( $45.55 )
Seat 5: maidenrox ( $57.85 )
Seat 6: ichthydinos ( $87.30 )
Seat 2: Nova32000 ( $50 )
TheJProbst posts small blind [$0.25].
Nova32000 posts big blind [$0.50].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TheJProbst [ Ks Ac ]

tightrob calls [$0.50].

PezGUNIT calls [$0.50].

maidenrox folds.

ichthydinos calls [$0.50].

TheJProbst calls [$0.25].

Nova32000 raises [$1.50].

tightrob calls [$1.50].

PezGUNIT calls [$1.50].

ichthydinos calls [$1.50].

TheJProbst raises [$19.50].
Nova32000 folds.
tightrob folds.
PezGUNIT folds.
ichthydinos folds.
TheJProbst does not show cards.
TheJProbst wins $28

The BB raised and after everyone called with not one reraise and 10 in the pot....so I decided to try and take it down.

I feel like if I get called Its not that huge of a deal becaues any hand that is calling this raise I am either way way ahead of or the guy is a total donk with a big pocket pair that he is slow playing to death. Although what exactly do I do if someone pushes and or with a flop of 326 in which case Im losing to 99 TT JJ etc.

It is now 2 hours after this hand took place and I started to rethink this hand and maybe its not such a good play because if I get called and dont hit its a bloated pot with Ace high and if any one pushes preflop Id just be pissed.

What does everyone think about this play?

10-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Input....

Godfather80
10-05-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off the reason I limped intially is because I dont usually like Raising with this many callers and I usually do the same with a hand like JJ from the sb.

Seat 1: TheJProbst ( $78.30 )
Seat 3: tightrob ( $60.22 )
Seat 4: PezGUNIT ( $45.55 )
Seat 5: maidenrox ( $57.85 )
Seat 6: ichthydinos ( $87.30 )
Seat 2: Nova32000 ( $50 )
TheJProbst posts small blind [$0.25].
Nova32000 posts big blind [$0.50].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TheJProbst [ Ks Ac ]

tightrob calls [$0.50].

PezGUNIT calls [$0.50].

maidenrox folds.

ichthydinos calls [$0.50].

TheJProbst calls [$0.25].

Nova32000 raises [$1.50].

tightrob calls [$1.50].

PezGUNIT calls [$1.50].

ichthydinos calls [$1.50].

TheJProbst raises [$19.50].
Nova32000 folds.
tightrob folds.
PezGUNIT folds.
ichthydinos folds.
TheJProbst does not show cards.
TheJProbst wins $28

The BB raised and after everyone called with not one reraise and 10 in the pot....so I decided to try and take it down.

I feel like if I get called Its not that huge of a deal becaues any hand that is calling this raise I am either way way ahead of or the guy is a total donk with a big pocket pair that he is slow playing to death. Although what exactly do I do if someone pushes and or with a flop of 326 in which case Im losing to 99 TT JJ etc.

It is now 2 hours after this hand took place and I started to rethink this hand and maybe its not such a good play because if I get called and dont hit its a bloated pot with Ace high and if any one pushes preflop Id just be pissed.

What does everyone think about this play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the play is fine. Often times you'll take it down uncontested. If you are reraised preflop, you fold. If somebody calls, you'll flop TPTK or better 1/3 of the time. It's a solid money maker. Don't beat yourself up.

10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
If I'm in this hand, I'd put you on a big pocket pair and call you with aces or kings.

I'm guessing you're not worried about a bigger hand from anyone except maybe Nova, so this must have been dependent on your read of him/her. Did you have one?

I disagree with your thinking on getting called since I can't see someone calling without a pocket pair unless this was a very loose table. You don't want to get called here. Even a total donk will take this pot down with 99-JJ or whatever if you don't improve.

If you are pretty sure Nova is going for the steal here and won't call, I like this play a lot.

djoyce003
10-05-2005, 03:25 PM
I think raising to 20 is way too much...nobody else has more than $1.50 in the pot.....i'd raise to $12 or $14....you risk less to win the same amount.....what is your plan if it comes back to you with a push?