PDA

View Full Version : I have NO idea what is going on =\

Maulik
10-05-2005, 03:24 AM
this is my FIRST hand at the table bb =[

well what am I supposed to do? I flop a small boat.
how often is my hand good here
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with x /images/graemlins/spade.gif x /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot:

13 BB

Cumulonimbus
10-05-2005, 03:30 AM
I say fold the turn raise in this small pot.

newhizzle
10-05-2005, 04:29 AM
theres no reason to 3 bet the turn, it looks like hes got a queen, maybe a 4, id probly call down with just one over on the board, after all of the turn action i highly doubt your ahead

toss
10-05-2005, 04:32 AM
I'd exercise a fold to that turn raise. I fear a Q or a better pocketpair.

10-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Which pair did you have, why the "xx".

Anyway, You shouldnt 3-bet the turn, the choise is between calling down and folding. When you 3-bet the turn, you will often win no more against a bluffer or A high, that might otherwise have continued betting after a chech on the river. Against a better hand, you obviously will loose more. The only better hands you might have some chance of folding are bigger pockets pairs than yours, that are worried about you hitting the Q, but this is not even close to justifying 3-betting in this small pot.

I look at it like this: If you call down, you pay 1 or 2 BB (depending on whether he checks behind at the river) to win a total of 7 or 9 bets. In other words, if you think you are ahead somewhere along one time in four, a call down is warranted.

Against an unknown I would probably call down, expecting to loose.

10-05-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I say fold the turn raise in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

jskills
10-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Hating that turn 3-bet.

You can either decide to call down when you get raised on the turn or just flat out fold. It's pretty easy to see the button having a Q.

Aces McGee
10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
What hand range are you putting him on once you've illustrated that you're not going anywhere by 3-betting the turn?

-McGee

alul
10-05-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have NO idea what is going on =\

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have no idea, do not raise the turn. Call him down. You can raise of course if x=Q.