PDA

View Full Version : Sebok AQ hand

blumpkin22
10-05-2005, 03:12 AM
From the limit Hold'em event.

I think the action was: folds to Y. Phan in MP who raises A6o, folded to Sebok OTB with AQo who calls, Kaplan calls in BB with 87o. Flop is Axx, two diamonds. Kaplan checks, Phan bets, Sebok raises, Kaplan folds, Phan calls. Turn is a blank; it goes check, check. River is the last ace. Phan bets, Sebok raises, Phan calls.

Anyone understand Sebok's play?

CrazyN8
10-05-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think the action was: folds to Y. Phan in MP who raises A6o, folded to Sebok OTB with AQo who calls, Kaplan calls in BB with 87o. Flop is Axx, two diamonds. Kaplan checks, Phan bets, Sebok raises, Kaplan folds, Phan calls. Turn is a blank; it goes check, check. River is the last ace. Phan bets, Sebok raises, Phan calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

he said he thought he had AK (which makes the river raise kinda strange).....other than that if he put him on a weak ace I kinda like that play...makes it look like he's after that flush.

TheHip41
10-05-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a perfectly reasonable play for someone who sucks at poker, which, obviously, he still does.

The hand should have played like this:

Pham raises, sebok 3 bets, call

sebok bets, call

sebok bets, call

sebok bets, pham c/r, sebok 3 bets, pham calls and folds.

Checking the turn there is incredible weak.

Honestly, he looked like one of the 10-20 donks I play against on a regular basis.

kflop
10-05-2005, 04:54 AM
The hand where he checked the nut flush on the river was far worse. This guy has made two final tables- makes you wonder how big a part luck plays in these tournaments.

danzasmack
10-05-2005, 10:18 AM
he wrote a cardplayer article about some of the mistakes he made. basically i think he was nervous to be on TV.

nuclear500
10-05-2005, 01:03 PM
We can talk all we want when we know their hands.

"We" have to remember that when trying to dissect TV play. In addition we do not see well over probably 50% of hands played. We do not know the table history between two players.

jedi
10-05-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

he said he thought he had AK (which makes the river raise kinda strange).....other than that if he put him on a weak ace I kinda like that play...makes it look like he's after that flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he checked the turn believing he was behind to AK, why would he raise the river? I agree it was strange. However, if he checked the turn to induce a river bluff, then it might not be quite as strange.

Either way, I'm probably betting the turn and calling down if he raises me. But I'm just a noob.

SoftcoreRevolt
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I assumed when watching it that he said he put him on AK to cover for checking to induce a bluff, maybe hoping it'd continue to get aggressive play in the future.

JJJ88
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a perfectly reasonable play for someone who sucks at poker, which, obviously, he still does.
Honestly, he looked like one of the 10-20 donks I play against on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sebok is a donk?
He made two final tables in this years' WSOP.
What did you achieve this year?
Show me that you can make two final tables at WSOP in your lifetime.

James282
10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand should have played like this:

Pham raises, sebok 3 bets, call

sebok bets, call

sebok bets, call

sebok bets, pham c/r, sebok 3 bets, pham calls and folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand should never progress this way if both players have a clue. Your river action is a joke. Check-raise threebet call?
-James

Russ McGinley
10-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Also, and I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think you can c/r in position.

James282
10-05-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, and I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think you can c/r in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is saying Pham would cr him, Sebok would 3-bet and he would call.
-James

Russ McGinley
10-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Crring is bad form.

TheHip41
10-06-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sebok is a donk?
He made two final tables in this years' WSOP.
What did you achieve this year?
Show me that you can make two final tables at WSOP in your lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you never saw a weak tight player win alot of money playing limit poker in a short amount of time? How many hands do you play in a tournament? 2000? 3000?

Just because he made two final tables this year doesn't mean he's good. Look at the hands he was getting. AA vs JJ and TT.

It's about 'how' he played his hands. Checking the river with the A high flush, checking the turn after raising the flop.

I knew someone would say, look, he made two final tables in one year. But seriously, look in your PT database. Don't you have at least a few donkeys with stats like 35/4/.5 winning 6BB/100 after 1000 hands? It's limit, if you run well, you can get alot of chips.