PDA

View Full Version : 77 hand

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:58 AM
villian is the run of the mill 40/25 type.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls $64.06 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.05 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.05 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.05 BB

baronzeus
10-05-2005, 03:03 AM
i usually raise the turn in these spots

sthief09
10-05-2005, 03:03 AM
I don't understand your play. first of all, you need another bet to go in on the flop or turn. secondly, I never trust a LAG to respect a small sidepot, so I don't fold

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 05:00 AM
I'd much rather spend my 2 big bets with a turn CR.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bleh. yeah I agree with all you guys. I dont remember wtf I was thinking other than maybe that he would know I wasnt bluffing due to the all in guy and would therefore only give me action if I was beat. that still doesnt make much sense though. I need to CR this turn.

10-05-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bleh. yeah I agree with all you guys. I dont remember wtf I was thinking other than maybe that he would know I wasnt bluffing due to the all in guy and would therefore only give me action if I was beat. that still doesnt make much sense though. I need to CR this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

why the turn? i think i'd have check/raised the flop instead. could you elaborate why the turn is a better spot here? i don't get it.

DMBFan23
10-05-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I realized I have no real standard line here. sometimes I donk the turn, sometimes I check call it. but, I almost never checkraise it. it sucks to realize you're not very good at poker.

I assume that the river is a bet? I could see check calling it in certain circumstances

10-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Either c/r the turn or, even better, bet out on the turn.

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Either c/r the turn or, even better, bet out on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?? How is bet better than CR?

10-05-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh?? How is bet better than CR?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least two reasons that should be pretty obvious, really, and one that's maybe less so.

1. Hero may have the best hand, but it's vulnerable. Giving a free card could cost him the pot and checking allows villain to take a free card.

2. check raising puts 3 more BB in the pot before confronting villain with a decision regarding whether to continue with his overcards. At that point he's much more correct to chase his six outs (although the pot's already big enough that calling a bet would be correct). The c/r indicates more strength, which might be more likely to induce a fold in some situations, but it also gives bigger pot odds. On this board two high cards probably won't fold to the c/r.

3. It probably saves hero at least one BB when he's behind, maybe three (if he calls a turn re-raise and a river bet).

cartman
10-05-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you guys do if you get 3-bet on the turn (including the river plan if you don't fold)?

If he just calls your turn checkraise and raises you on the river can you fold?

If he just calls your turn checkraise are there any river cards that would make you check-call?

Thanks,
Cartman

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What do you guys do if you get 3-bet on the turn (including the river plan if you don't fold)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never know. This is one reason why I dont make this CR often enough.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the river card
[ QUOTE ]
If he just calls your turn checkraise are there any river cards that would make you check-call?

[/ QUOTE ]
im thinkin aces and kings

10-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I dont like the donk on the river, but I dont hate it. Maybe you're going to get called by a lone ace, but in this protected main pot, it is less likely. Also, I think there is some chance you could get raised off a winner by a LAGtard trying for the side pot. I would be inclined to check-call the river, the theory being that a 40/25 will often bluff off his money. Then again, I dont play this big, so I have zero experience with this sort of villain.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the donk on the river, but I dont hate it. Maybe you're going to get called by a lone ace, but in this protected main pot, it is less likely. Also, I think there is some chance you could get raised off a winner by a LAGtard trying for the side pot. I would be inclined to check-call the river, the theory being that a 40/25 will often bluff off his money. Then again, I dont play this big, so I have zero experience with this sort of villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i dont like it either. i pretty much hate this whole hand...thats why i posted it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
It seems you are advocating folding to a turn raise. Is this so??

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get 3-bet on the turn it's a pretty easy fold.

Ditto for river raise.

Any river cards that would make me check/call?? Probably an ace, but that's it.

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you get 3-bet on the turn it's a pretty easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. i have a feeling sthief will advocate calling down. what say you, josh?

NLSoldier
10-05-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i donk the turn theres no way in hell im folding to a raise.

ALL1N
10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i donk the turn theres no way in hell im folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And if we aren't donking to set up a fold, then it can't be better than both CR'ing the turn AND CR'ing the flop.

Schizo
10-06-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, you need another bet to go in on the flop or turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

???? Somebody please explain this to me.