PDA

View Full Version : Best song from 'Ten'

fatdave
10-05-2005, 02:34 AM

whiskeytown
10-05-2005, 02:47 AM
you know,

if you had included Yellow Ledbetter (b-side to the Jeremy single) it'd have swept the poll.

RB

New001
10-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Black > Yellow Ledbetter. This is a toss up between Black and Porch for me.

newhizzle
10-05-2005, 02:51 AM
black

x2ski
10-05-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's a coin-flip. Each song provokes completely different moods for me, although they are both the shiz.

Ps. I'm not judging from the "Ten" Black, but a bootleg live version I heard years ago, which blew my freaking mind.

New001
10-05-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say it's a coin-flip. Each song provokes completely different moods for me, although they are both the shiz.

Ps. I'm not judging from the "Ten" Black, but a bootleg live version I heard years ago, which blew my freaking mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're counting live songs, the acoustic one from Benaroya Hall can't be beat.

Seadood228
10-05-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
black

[/ QUOTE ]

Followed by "Baby One More Time"

daryn
10-05-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you know,

if you had included Yellow Ledbetter (b-side to the Jeremy single) it'd have swept the poll.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

of course but it's not on the album so why would he do that

RELEASE

daryn
10-05-2005, 04:46 AM
by the way including bonus tracks that appeared on special editions is stupid

gorie
10-05-2005, 07:33 AM
black.
but if it was 1993 i would say porch.
release is pretty good too.

Paxosmotic
10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Whoever voted Why Go is pretty much lacking chromosomes.

Jeremy, by far. Then Release, Even Flow, and Porch (the ten minute live version, of course)

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever voted Why Go is pretty much lacking chromosomes.

Jeremy, by far. Then Release, Even Flow, and Porch (the ten minute live version, of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LIVE VERSION YOU [censored] [censored], BEST SONG FROM "TEN" ARGHHGAHGG

Paxosmotic
10-05-2005, 07:42 AM
I was hoping we could start a thread called pick your favorite song from the only album I've heard by a band even though it's the second worst album they've ever recorded and their late 90s work is phenomenal even though no one's ever heard of it. Could we start that?

gorie
10-05-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping we could start a thread called pick your favorite song from the only album I've heard by a band even though it's the second worst album they've ever recorded and their late 90s work is phenomenal even though no one's ever heard of it. Could we start that?

[/ QUOTE ]
you better ask one of the moderators if that would be acceptable, first.

daryn
10-05-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but please be more specific

TheMetetron
10-05-2005, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pearl Jam after they stopped heavily promoting themselves kicks so much ass it's not even funny. Too bad most people haven't heard it.

I don't know. There's some damn good stuff on Ten. Black probably is the best though. Jeremy is the best video though.

daryn
10-05-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pearl Jam after they stopped heavily promoting themselves kicks so much ass it's not even funny. Too bad most people haven't heard it.

I don't know. There's some damn good stuff on Ten. Black probably is the best though. Jeremy is the best video though.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, he was talking about pearl jam?

ok, now i know he is a retard if he thinks Ten is their 2nd worst album.

TheMetetron
10-05-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who'd you think he was talking about in the Pearl Jam thread?

Paxosmotic
10-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Might as well face it, Riot Act is terrible. You're just going to have to come to grips with it.

daryn
10-05-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who'd you think he was talking about in the Pearl Jam thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know, i mentioned how a song he picked wasn't on Ten and then he talked about starting another thread. i think he was trying to make a joke.

fatdave
10-05-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started a new poll (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3583878&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1), just for you!

d10
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Might as well face it, Riot Act is terrible. You're just going to have to come to grips with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately this is true, and nobody loves Pearl Jam more than I do. Ever since No Code I typically haven't liked albums after they first come out, but then they start to grow on me and after a while (and especially after hearing them live) they're great. I gave Riot Act a chance but after a few years, it still sucks. However I've heard some of the stuff they've written for their next album and it's all very good, so I think they're going to redeem themselves soon.

Paxosmotic
10-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I've not heard any of them. As 'inside' as I was during Riot Act, I have no idea what's going on with this one. My girlfriend's been following it pretty closely though.

10-05-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are terrible.

youtalkfunny
10-06-2005, 06:43 AM
I was going to vote for Ravel's "Bolero", but I can't seem to find it on the ballot.

There are some other good, original songs in the film, written by Henry Mancini. I think Blake Edwards may have co-wrote one, and I'm pretty sure that Dudley Moore is actually playing the piano.

(I'm laughing like hell right now, because 80% of the OOT readers are too young to know what the hell I'm talking about. It's too bad you'll never see the scene of Moore taking his eyes off the road to ogle Bo Derek, and slamming his Mercedes into a police car. When the cop hands him his ticket, he advises, "You'd better get yourself a lawyer for this one.")

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's the second worst album they've ever recorded

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not seriously saying that Ten is Pearl Jam's second worst album, are you?

Ulysses
10-06-2005, 07:03 AM
It is quite strange that songs besides Black and Alive have votes.

Paxosmotic
10-06-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's the second worst album they've ever recorded

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not seriously saying that Ten is Pearl Jam's second worst album, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it depends on my mood. My top 3 is always Yield, No Code and Binaural in that order. The next 3 are (obviously) Vitalogy, Vs, and Ten. Each has their plusses and minuses. Vitalogy has a lot of high and low points, Vs is 'good' front to back, and Ten is pretty much inbetween. The good songs aren't as good, the bad songs aren't as bad.

canis582
10-06-2005, 08:14 AM
OOOOOHHHHH even flooOOWWWW for a love like BUTTERFLIES ooooOHHHH he don't knooOOOWWWW so he chases them AWAYWEEEYEAH.

daryn
10-06-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OOOOOHHHHH even flooOOWWWW for a love like BUTTERFLIES ooooOHHHH he don't knooOOOWWWW so he chases them AWAYWEEEYEAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least do some research and get the lyrics right, how sad

jakethebake
10-06-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is quite strange that songs besides Black and Alive have votes.

[/ QUOTE ]

El; Diablo is a master of the obvious. It is indeed very strange.

Jeffage
10-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Best PJ song of all time, however, is "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town." I think it is the most played song on my IPOD by far.

Jeff

10-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Porch

It seems like "Black" is the two + two song always brought up when pearl jam is mentioned but Porch dammit Porch!!!!!

I wish "Jeremy" was not on Ten /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fixed my post

ChipWrecked
10-06-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

"Jeremy" was not on Ten /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you high?

johnnybeef
10-06-2005, 09:41 AM
deep, and its not even close....

Soul Daddy
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Off the top of my head I say "Porch", but I need to listen again. I consistently underrate the last three songs.

10-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Alive

Drew16
10-06-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know,

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

coltrane
10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
in terms of pure songwriting, I don't think Pearl Jam ever topped what they did on "Ten"....however, in terms of complete band sound, their best stuff to me is the late "Ten"-era material with Abbruzzese on drums (the actual studio album "Ten" has Krusen on drums and the vibe is just not the same) - which is why all in all my favorite Pearl Jam song is "State of Love and Trust" from the Singles soundtrack......

but to answer the OP's question, I think that "Alive" is the best song (purely as a song) Pearl Jam ever wrote.....

coltrane
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
however, in terms of complete band sound, their best stuff to me is the late "Ten"-era material with Abbruzzese on drums

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, (even though something fully electric as opposed to acoustic might be slightly more representative), the MTV Unplugged they did around that time is a pretty good representation of this.....that performance really kicks ass....